Starting XI | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Starting XI

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
RKB":jyjzjmug said:
2 more in since last week so I'm going again;

GK Cooper
CB Aimson
CB Canavan
CB Sawyer
DM Edwards
RWB Smith-Brown
CM Sarcevic
CM Mayor
LWB McFadzean
CF Taylor
CF Telford

New GK, Riley, Wootton, C. Grant, J. Grant, Jephcott, Fletcher on the bench currently.

For me, beyond the GK, I would argue for that beast of a CB, an attacking CM and an experienced striker. Possibly 3 of the 4 will be loans..

For the CB position we need a CB that is a bit quicker than what we’ve got already, someone with aerial presence and is comfortable on the ball.

We had exactly this player last season - Lloyd Jones. He’s not going to be in Luton’s starting XI so why don’t we try to get him on a season long loan and reinvest the Ladapo/Gallagher money with a view to buy? He would fit Lowes system perfectly I think. He’s fit too unlike some of our current CB’s as he just played the 2nd half in Luton’s last friendly against Basingstoke.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
r4h4al":33bjnndp said:
Cooper
Aimson Canavan Sawyer (c)
Edwards
Moore Sarcevic C Grant Mayor Smith Brown
Telford Lolos

You’d have Smith-Brown over McFazdean?

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
monkeywrench":20ehqlj9 said:
Palmer/Cooper
Aimson NEW CB NEW CB
Riley C Grant Edwards Mayor McFadzean
Telford NEW STRIKER

Still think we are 3 or 4 short.

I agree with that, we are 3 players short I reckon.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
JannerinCardiff":1kt3h7qg said:
r4h4al":1kt3h7qg said:
Cooper
Aimson Canavan Sawyer (c)
Edwards
Moore Sarcevic C Grant Mayor Smith Brown
Telford Lolos

You’d have Smith-Brown over McFazdean?

He's also got 12 players in there. It's one way to win games I suppose.

Jul 2, 2014
mh7kFQg

------------------------------Taylor---------Telford-------------------------------

McFadzean ---Sarcevic-----Edwards------Mayor------J. Grant

-----------Sawyer--------------Aimson--------------Riley------------

-------------------------------Cooper/Palmer---------------------------

This set up has four players (Aimson, Mayor, McFadzean and Telford) in the same positions that they played last season under Lowe in the manner that he wants the team to play. Therefore they provide a "Bury M2" spine to the team.

I know that there is not a lot of love for Sawyer and Riley among many fans, but there is a reason that they have been given the captaincy and low numbered shirts. That said, I can see Sawyer being moved to the right with Smith-Brown or Connor Grant dropping in at left CB. And, if Tafari Moore has stepped up his game since last season, he may come into the team as right CB.

I can also see Edwards and Mayor swapping places and the triangle being inverted with Mayor moving into a #10 role behind Taylor and Telford, with Sarc and Edwards playing deeper. I can See Randell getting bench time to step in for Edwards or Sarc late in the game.

It is also possible that McFadzean and Joel Grant swap places. I think that Grant's ability to run at defenders will make him preferable to Lowe over more defensive options Connor Grant and Smith-Brown unless our defense starts to get overrun.

I think that Lowe wants to pair Taylor and Telford on top with Taylor's size and hold up play being used to set up a smaller and quicker Telford. I can also see Bryon Moore being brought in and starting ahead of Taylor. The same for Niall Ennis.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
------------------------------New Player---------Telford-------------------------------

McFadzean ---Sarcevic-----Edwards------Mayor------Riley ?

-----------Sawyer ?--------------Aimson--------------New player------------

-------------------------------Cooper ?---------------------------

Subs J. Grant, C Grant, Moore, Taylor, Holmes,Randell.

This is a variation of the post above. I've not got much faith in Taylor's fitness and do not think he will be a regular starter.
Question marks over Riley, Sawyer and Cooper. Pace and strength at the back is needed based upon the Torquay friendly.

Jul 12, 2016
JannerinCardiff":xchqjyhk said:
RKB":xchqjyhk said:
2 more in since last week so I'm going again;

GK Cooper
CB Aimson
CB Canavan
CB Sawyer
DM Edwards
RWB Smith-Brown
CM Sarcevic
CM Mayor
LWB McFadzean
CF Taylor
CF Telford

New GK, Riley, Wootton, C. Grant, J. Grant, Jephcott, Fletcher on the bench currently.

For me, beyond the GK, I would argue for that beast of a CB, an attacking CM and an experienced striker. Possibly 3 of the 4 will be loans..

For the CB position we need a CB that is a bit quicker than what we’ve got already, someone with aerial presence and is comfortable on the ball.

We had exactly this player last season - Lloyd Jones. He’s not going to be in Luton’s starting XI so why don’t we try to get him on a season long loan and reinvest the Ladapo/Gallagher money with a view to buy? He would fit Lowes system perfectly I think. He’s fit too unlike some of our current CB’s as he just played the 2nd half in Luton’s last friendly against Basingstoke.

I disagree. I still maintain that Jones was not that good last season and think there must be better CB's available.
Bit concerned that RL doesn't seem to think this is a priority.

Jul 3, 2013
-----------------------------------------------------------------Palmer/Cooper

----------------------------------------------Aimson------------Canavan---------------New Player

-------------------Smith Brown-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------McFadzean

---------------------------------------------Sarcevic ----------------Edwards------------Mayor

----------------------------------------------------Telford------------------------New Player

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
So with Lowe stating that Telford and Taylor will be 100% fit for the Crewe game and that Aimson has a 75% chance of being in the squad I will go for ...

GK Palmer
CB Wootton
CB Canavan
CB Sawyer
DM Edwards
RWB Riley
CM C Grant
CM Mayor
LWB McFadzean
CF Taylor
CF Telford or Moore.

Wootton is off form but there's currently no-one else unless Hall makes a big impression this week, Joel Grant is off form, Byron Moore may be better used from the bench but will Lowe play two strikers who both have injury niggles so Moore might play instead of Telford.
Sarcevic still hasn't picked up his tools he downed last season so I will go for Conor Grant who has played well in the pre-season games.

Palmer is nailed on to play.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":3prr7oya said:
So with Lowe stating that Telford and Taylor will be 100% fit for the Crewe game and that Aimson has a 75% chance of being in the squad I will go for ...

GK Palmer
CB Wootton
CB Canavan
CB Sawyer
DM Edwards
RWB Riley
CM C Grant
CM Mayor
LWB McFadzean
CF Taylor
CF Telford or Moore.

Wootton is off form but there's currently no-one else unless Hall makes a big impression this week, Joel Grant is off form, Byron Moore may be better used from the bench but will Lowe play two strikers who both have injury niggles so Moore might play instead of Telford.
Sarcevic still hasn't picked up his tools he downed last season so I will go for Conor Grant who has played well in the pre-season games.

Palmer is nailed on to play.

I reckon that is bang on what we will see at Gresty Road 3pm Saturday.

Subs - Cooper, ASB, Baxter, Telford or Moore, Randell, Lolos, Sarcevic. Hall possible for bench if he stays.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
That's pretty much the line up I expect to see but Taylor has to be a big risk with no match fitness, likewise Telford. I have a hunch he might just start Lolos who has had good game time pre season.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think he could play mayor just behind the CF and move another midfielder in centrally until he has more fitness upfront. I’d be worried if J Grant starts upfront anytime this season.