Steve Evans | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Steve Evans

Feb 10, 2019
Over the years I have stood behind the dugouts at various times and more often than not have heard managers, home and away, abuse the officials. Sadly it is part of being a football manager. The more you can blame the officials the less blame attaches itself to you for poor tactics, team selection etc. You only have to listen to the post match comments on MOTD. Big Sam being the worst culprit. We should have had a penalty, their man should have been sent off blah blah blah...
That being said I don’t like Steve Evans either!!

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Balham_Green":nptg6xm1 said:
IJN":nptg6xm1 said:
Horrible horrible man. Found the right club though.

Have you met him? He puts pressure on refs yes. That's for the ref to deal with if he goes over the top. The game needs characters even have figures. Imagine if everyone was as boring as DA.

Umm, I clearly remember DA getting stuck into a lot of opposition managers on the touchline. I imagine you'd have been the first to slate him for that, but now here you are claiming he's boring.

Have you met DA? Can you give us a personal anecdote that demonstrates his boring character?

Sep 6, 2006
jespafc":32etwu5b said:
Balham_Green":32etwu5b said:
IJN":32etwu5b said:

Have you met him? He puts pressure on refs yes. That's for the ref to deal with if he goes over the top. The game needs characters even have figures. Imagine if everyone was as boring as DA.

Umm, I clearly remember DA getting stuck into a lot of opposition managers on the touchline. I imagine you'd have been the first to slate him for that, but now here you are claiming he's boring.

Have you met DA? Can you give us a personal anecdote that demonstrates his boring character?

Yes I have met him. Let's leave it at that. And have listened too often to his media briefings. You don't have to 'get stuck into opposition managers' to be a character!

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Balham_Green":25psm9nq said:
saxman":25psm9nq said:
Balham_Green":25psm9nq said:
IJN":25psm9nq said:

Characters I'm fine with but he comes across as obnoxious and thoroughly unpleasant.

Again have you met him?

No. That's why I used the expression 'comes across'. We had some illuminating glimpses of his unpleasant pitchside behaviour today.

Sep 6, 2006
saxman":1t8dse69 said:
Balham_Green":1t8dse69 said:
saxman":1t8dse69 said:
Balham_Green":1t8dse69 said:
IJN":1t8dse69 said:

Characters I'm fine with but he comes across as obnoxious and thoroughly unpleasant.

Again have you met him?

No. That's why I used the expression 'comes across'. We had some illuminating glimpses of his unpleasant pitchside behaviour today.

Stop the press. Football manager argues with referee.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Ronnie and Reggie were characters - they even made films about them, but were unpleasant individuals.

Evan's gives you his all - which is why he gets work, in an industry with any moral scruples he wouldn't get close to employment.

Bovey Green lady

🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
Leigham Green":3huggkzp said:
Over the years I have stood behind the dugouts at various times and more often than not have heard managers, home and away, abuse the officials. Sadly it is part of being a football manager. The more you can blame the officials the less blame attaches itself to you for poor tactics, team selection etc. You only have to listen to the post match comments on MOTD. Big Sam being the worst culprit. We should have had a penalty, their man should have been sent off blah blah blah...
Maybe you are not old enough to remember the delightful Mr Billy Bingham! The foulest mouthed aggression I have ever heard. Sadly, some of it directed at one of his own players, who was not Northern Irish. (I'm sure I need say nothing more to those who were around at the time!)

Sep 6, 2006
Bovey-Green lady":ea53mhqn said:
Leigham Green":ea53mhqn said:
Maybe you are not old enough to remember the delightful Mr Billy Bingham! The foulest mouthed aggression I have ever heard. Sadly, some of it directed at one of his own players, who was not Northern Irish. (I'm sure I need say nothing more to those who were around at the time!)

You can tell us now....

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
You never see Steve Evans and the soon-to-be ex-President of the USA in the same room. Just saying... ;)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
mercedes":3cc9zyht said:
I thought that the referee had a superb game. 10/10 for me. He was fair throughout.

Have you seen Paul Scally?