Steve Evans | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Steve Evans

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
A level in moaning, like most managers.

There is a common theme running through the majority of Chairman who have taken him on.

To think i was offered money to play for Stamford back in the early 90s (when i was 18/19) when Mr Evans was manager, fortunately I decided against it, several people i know did go, a few then want onto Boston when the fun really started. Not just the back-handers and tax dodging, but private helicopters fetching players from as far afield as Glasgow. Employed muscle to follow Evans around for his safety.- the guy is just trouble, not much has changed from what I know and hear.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Herts_Green":bn6mkstg said:
Worth reading Ben Smith’s autobiography if you haven’t already
‘Journeyman: One man's odyssey through the lower leagues of English football’. It’s an excellent read and is also very enlightening about some of Steve Evans’ management ‘techniques’.
You beat me to it. He certainly knew him!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I have a friend who works at Gillingham, he actually said to me that Evans had calmed down a lot and become more reserved since joining them, though I can't say I saw a great deal of that in the way he acted post match yesterday.

Oct 14, 2015
I posted on page 3 on the Build up to Gillingham thread that I’m surprised no one has mentioned the repulsive Steve Evans in the build up. The only response was from a Mr Gillingham who mentioned that Evans had calmed down nowadays. Since Saturday, unsurprisingly, we haven’t heard from Mr Gillingham and unsurprisingly Steve Evans has his own thread highlighting the type of bloke he’ll always be.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Green Painter":cd5anl9b said:
He's moaning about our facilities now.

I'm not sure what the answer is with that, because it was about having to go back to the main changing rooms for a shower.

The only thing we could do is have temporary showers in the Barn Park End... presumably quite a lot of work for something so relatively small.

Put a shower attachment on the sink taps maybe?? No idea.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Given the number of Home games played this season it is odd that Gillingham should be the first club to whinge. Footballers are a bit precious though. Even in the South Western League I recall having to forego showers after a particular hockey match because the footballers expected to enjoy their own private facility as it was stated in the SW League Management's rule book.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Biggs":2nm0gln0 said:
Green Painter":2nm0gln0 said:

I'm not sure what the answer is with that, because it was about having to go back to the main changing rooms for a shower.

The only thing we could do is have temporary showers in the Barn Park End... presumably quite a lot of work for something so relatively small.

Maybe changing rooms and showers for opponents could have been re-built at the Devonport end where they were during the Grandstand redevelopment. It would have been ideal but I guess nobody knew at the start of the season how long "temporary" was going to last.

Jul 14, 2008
Lundan Cabbie":sljxj5ck said:
Biggs":sljxj5ck said:
Green Painter":sljxj5ck said:

Maybe changing rooms and showers for opponents could have been re-built at the Devonport end where they were during the Grandstand redevelopment. It would have been ideal but I guess nobody knew at the start of the season how long "temporary" was going to last.
I imagine that arrangement would have cost Argyle quite a lot of money last time and I’m not sure that the club would be looking to fork out just to add comfort to the away team. I’m sure it’s not ideal having the changing room in the BP concourse - it must be bloody freezing at the moment - but I’m sure most lower league clubs are providing similar facilities. I can’t imagine the temporary changing rooms at the Priestfield for instance would be particularly pleasant either (I presume most other clubs have had to make additional facilities available for away teams as Argyle have).