Stoke Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stoke Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House

Kenny Pester

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2006
Cattedown, Plymouth.
Whittaker has been poor for months now.

Hardie also.

We need to shake things up.

Waine and Issaka in against Millwall please.
Exactly this for me! It's no coincidence that Whittakers form has dropped with the departure of Scheuy. He's turned into a 1 trick pony, always coming inside to left foot. He needs to game and go on the outside of players.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
At 2-0 there is no way back for this team at the moment. It was summed up 10 minutes from the end when we had possession with 6 outfield players against there one in our half.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Refusal to acknowledge the limitations of our players.

Foster may of destroyed dressing room morale. He didn't destroy the ability of many of these players.

What on earth were some of you expecting? To turn Jordan Houghton into a championship midfielder. To make Dan Scarr a yard quicker in body & mind so he isn't a league one defender.

Last week we beat Leicester playing almost 6 across the back and holding on for dear life. Within the win, people still can't see our limitations so end up getting annoyed at witnessing games like we seen today.

The players are putting in the effort. It's their lack of ability at this level that is being found out. That second half was the level of our current team. They tried. They just can't engage their footballing brains with their technical ability.

How can you honestly be disappointed if you believed Argyle will finish around 20th this season? And that's where l struggle with the reaction of some because if we didn't have a bottom two budget l would say it's fine to be angry & disappointed. But we do, and we have been playing like we do in many matches this season.

For me, lm more frustrated not with losing the game but losing our footballing idenity. We aren't an attacking side because we don't create many chances. Let alone look like scoring goals. And when we did look like scoring under Schumacher, we give the oppostion the freedom of HP to hurt us.

Last season was great. This season was one step too many for a number of those players. Yet, that was our budget and that is where we are as a club.

The fact is we can survive. We might not. Yet l believe those players have given everything. People rather call them bottle jobs today instead of face the fact they have limited abilities.

Altarnun Green

✅ Evergreen
Nov 27, 2005
How Whittaker wasn’t substituted I will never know. Hardie huffed and puffed but without help chasing lost causes. Stoke played like we did for the 1st half of the season. Attacking with pace and causing us problems all over. Bad day at the races for us.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We just don’t do anything specifically good.

We’re average with a moment of something a little more but generally we are still a league 1 team or players.

It’s not a quick fix and i can see how/why the right loan players are so important. Cundle and Azaz are clearly the difference.

Big decisions for the club post season. Key to this is investment.

I can stomach a defeat. I can’t ever stomach a lack of effort and fight.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester

Foster may of destroyed dressing room morale. He didn't destroy the ability of many of these players.

What on earth were some of you expecting? To turn Jordan Houghton into a championship midfielder. To make Dan Scarr a yard quicker in body & mind so he isn't a league one defender.

Last week we beat Leicester playing almost 6 across the back and holding on for dear life. Within the win, people still can't see our limitations so end up getting annoyed at witnessing games like we seen today.

The players are putting in the effort. It's their lack of ability at this level that is being found out. That second half was the level of our current team. They tried. They just can't engage their footballing brains with their technical ability.

How can you honestly be disappointed if you believed Argyle will finish around 20th this season? And that's where l struggle with the reaction of some because if we didn't have a bottom two budget l would say it's fine to be angry & disappointed. But we do, and we have been playing like we do in many matches this season.

For me, lm more frustrated not with losing the game but losing our footballing idenity. We aren't an attacking side because we don't create many chances. Let alone look like scoring goals. And when we did look like scoring under Schumacher, we give the oppostion the freedom of HP to hurt us.

Last season was great. This season was one step too many for a number of those players. Yet, that was our budget and that is where we are as a club.

The fact is we can survive. We might not. Yet l believe those players have given everything. People rather call them bottle jobs today instead of face the fact they have limited abilities.
Why on earth are you bringing Scarr into this?!

Rather his performance than Whitaker's.. A guy trying desperately not to get injured.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Rabbit in highlights
Stoke well & truly roughed us up
The way they went about dismantling us was relentless
We had no idea, no clue
We needed a reinforcer to steady the ship - we don't have that type of player in the ranks
The game totally passed us by as soon as they went 1 nil up

Reactions: Paul green14

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Why on earth are you bringing Scarr into this?!

Rather his performance than Whitaker's.. A guy trying desperately not to get injured.

Because the only way you can play him at this level is by protecting him with two CB's alongside him. Even Schmacher realised this when playing a back four because he started to drop him.

Jan 20, 2004

Totally agree

Reactions: memory man

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Because the only way you can play him at this level is by protecting him with two CB's alongside him. Even Schmacher realised this when playing a back four because he started to drop him.
What the hell did he do wrong today?! You realise it was Galloway not closing down the second scorer? Whitaker's abysmal lack of effort? No, point the finger at Scarr because that's easy because he was a lower league player. So f-ing predictable

Sep 6, 2006
Sorry Posty but those ratings don't match up with your description of the game (which I agree with). Nobody was above a five today. Useless at both ends, no composure, no ability to use the ball. Awful performance and the most damning of all was that they wanted it more than us. We'll probably stay up but that was a relegation level performance.
Agreed. We looked a League 1 team. Because we have too many League 1 players. Not for the first time recently. Will be lucky if we beat the drop. Need major surgery in the Summer if we do stay up. And how anyone in their right mind would offer 25m for Whittaker on that and recent performances I have no idea.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
What the hell did he do wrong today?! You realise it was Galloway not closing down the second scorer? Whitaker's abysmal lack of effort? No, point the finger at Scarr because that's easy because he was a lower league player. So f-ing predictable

You obviously missed the second half then, where if he wasn't for some Galloway blocks, they were in behind him numerous times.

An example of how poor he was today. There was a moment Scarr incepted the ball away from Cooper in second Half. Instead of clearing the ball out he losses control of the ball & gives it to Ennis just outside the corner of the six yard box, who shoots accross goal.

Look at Galloway's performance. Then compare his.

I've already said its the worst lve seen Randell play for some time.

Jan 6, 2004
Hardie and Morgan are both exhausted, it really does feel pointless continuing to start them in every game. Bring them on with 30 minutes left and they will have the edge on tiring defenders. Our subs felt weird in that we were losing 2-0 and bring Lewis Gibson on... but I guess that highlights the lack of attack ling options we have in the squad.

I thought today highlighted our lack of strength in depth, they brought on Ennis and we brought on Ben Waine. We don't have a Cosgrove type who we can turn to when out passing game isn't as effective.

I think and hope that we will just about have enough to get over the line but there will be a lot of work to do over the summer.

We need a plan B, Forshaw was a gamble that probably won't pay off, Ben Waine needs to leave on loan for a season, as good as Whittaker is, he is still only a human, same with Hardie.

Just to add, I thought Schuey was respectful of the Argyle fans inspite of the abuse he faced. He looked really emotional at the final whistle, no matter how much he hurt us when he jumped ship I couldn't help but feel some empathy with him. Probably me being soft but there you go.
I thought there was very little “abuse”

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
You obviously missed the second half then, where if he wasn't for some Galloway blocks, they were in behind him.

Look at Galloway's performance. Then compare his. I've already said its the worst lve seen Randell play for some time.
So easy isn't it? Scarr was a lower league footballer so point the finger. The second goal is categorically a poor attempt by Galloway to block, who also allowed a player to come at him and at him until the player had the freedom to hit the bar first half, but no... Scarr....mention him.
Absolute rubbish.
If only Whitaker had 10% of Scarr's commitment..but you don't mention MW's woeful lack of effort today... Nah have a pop at Scarr the less glamorous player.

• Snore
Reactions: E4pilgrim