Sunderland tickets and other ‘stuff’ | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sunderland tickets and other ‘stuff’

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Balham_Green":32vse0z1 said:
landons forehead":32vse0z1 said:
landons forehead":32vse0z1 said:
I think its quite strange that a lot of people should think it such a big deal going all the way to Sunderland and 'a night out in Newcastle. I go to a game to support my team whether its in Luton or Barcelona(sometime never). The attractions of Sunderland are lost on me anyway.

Top marks for sanctimony there. Perhaps if you knew anyone with a sense of fun, you'd recognise that a few beers after the game in Newcastle is a bit more entertaining than Luton.

So you are going all the way to Newcastle for ' a few beers'? Seems quite sad.

No, that would be as pointless as your posts. I'll explain in words you can understand. I'm going to watch Argyle play near a city where one can also enjoy a few beers, and enjoy that more than one might enjoy it in other places. Hope that's clear.

What's really sad is you coming on here trying to piddle on the chips of others.

Just trying to work out the logic old boy. So do you go to most away games or only where you can more enjoy a few beers? And whats the difference between beers in Newcastle and say Walsall?

I'm pleased to report that my reasons for choosing to attend one away game over another is none of your business. It's sad that it interests you.

Sep 6, 2006
Shankster":1r2vcvac said:
Balham_Green":1r2vcvac said:
Shankster":1r2vcvac said:

You should know
You are a proper plonker fella, you really are.

And on that note I’ll revert to treating you with the contempt you derserve.

Feelings mutual sunshine.Ive thought it a long while. You chose to enter the debate with the 'odd' comment without backing it up. Then dont like it when somebody responds in a similar manner and throws his toys out of the pram.

Sep 6, 2006
landons forehead":33xrzy8p said:
Balham_Green":33xrzy8p said:
I think its quite strange that a lot of people should think it such a big deal going all the way to Sunderland and 'a night out in Newcastle. I go to a game to support my team whether its in Luton or Barcelona(sometime never). The attractions of Sunderland are lost on me anyway.

Top marks for sanctimony there. Perhaps if you knew anyone with a sense of fun, you'd recognise that a few beers after the game in Newcastle is a bit more entertaining than Luton.

So you are going all the way to Newcastle for ' a few beers'? Seems quite sad.

No, that would be as pointless as your posts. I'll explain in words you can understand. I'm going to watch Argyle play near a city where one can also enjoy a few beers, and enjoy that more than one might enjoy it in other places. Hope that's clear.

What's really sad is you coming on here trying to piddle on the chips of others.

Just trying to work out the logic old boy. So do you go to most away games or only where you can more enjoy a few beers? And whats the difference between beers in Newcastle and say Walsall?

I'm pleased to report that my reasons for choosing to attend one away game over another is none of your business. It's sad that it interests you.

Fair enough. Was just seeking a rationale why that game is seen as so important to get to by so many when its so far. Only reason I have is Newcastle is a good place for a beer!? So am none the wiser .

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Balham_Green":2dqgi6ku said:
landons forehead":2dqgi6ku said:

Fair enough. Was just seeking a rationale why that game is seen as so important to get to by so many when its so far. Only reason I have is Newcastle is a good place for a beer!? So am none the wiser .

Are you going?

Sep 6, 2006
Ollieargyle9":2uqylxyd said:
Balham_Green":2uqylxyd said:
landons forehead":2uqylxyd said:

Are you going?

No. You?

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Just a guess but maybe, just maybe, more people than average want to go because it’s a chance to see Argyle play in what is considered one of the best stadiums in the country?

Rightly or wrongly it’s being treated as a big day out not too dissimilar to Anfield, but it’s pretty obvious why people would choose this game over Rochdale or Fleetwood etc

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
‘Zackly Sam, & “possibly a last chance for a fair while” etc.etc
, but ( out of interest) your mention of Rochdale leads me to “ Cometh the hour, Cometh the ground!” for there were almost 2,000 of us at Spotland on 27 April 2013!!
An interesting example of “ my team/ club needs us” ; another would be Notts County on 6 March 2004.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Having been to Ayrsome Park, Riverside, St James Park, Roker and the Stadium of Light - I feel football in the North East is just that little bit special. There is an affinity for Argyle a grudging admiration that we travel the land to see our team in decent numbers and it admired and appreciated. I remember a game at Ayrsome Park (,Shilts saved a pen) the home fans applauded us with genuine warmth for the atmosphere we created.
For anyone to find it weird that a football fan wants to travel to the best stadium in the division, enjoy one of the best cities in the country is in itself totally bizarre.
I don't think I've seen Argyle win anywhere in the North East with the exception of Hartlepool. Hope we can change that.

Mar 18, 2014
I'm going because

(1) to support Argyle
(2) I am off shift, so have no work commitments
(3) Have never been to Sunderland, so a new ground

not going to Newcastle, travelling home after match - Sunderland is slighter closer for me than Plymouth!!! Plus my kids are not drinking age :)

Sep 6, 2006
Sam Barker":qcut58ug said:
Just a guess but maybe, just maybe, more people than average want to go because it’s a chance to see Argyle play in what is considered one of the best stadiums in the country?

Rightly or wrongly it’s being treated as a big day out not too dissimilar to Anfield, but it’s pretty obvious why people would choose this game over Rochdale or Fleetwood etc

Thats my point. I go to see the team not the ground.

Aug 4, 2011
Quite often the game itself is a mere inconvenience.

If you really have to ask why someone would prefer the Newcastle nightlife to that of Walsall you really must have your head in the sand.

It’s why we always used to get a good crowd at Blackpool - until it all became a bit run down and repetitive. If we’d been in the same league as Sunderland (or Newcastle) for the past 10 seasons running it would not have the appeal it does now

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Balham_Green":jezld07k said:
Sam Barker":jezld07k said:

As does everyone, but you surely can’t be surprised why the fans that choose a couple away games a season have chosen Sunderland over others.

Sep 6, 2006
Sam Barker":rlev5tyo said:
Balham_Green":rlev5tyo said:
Sam Barker":rlev5tyo said:

As does everyone, but you surely can’t be surprised why the fans that choose a couple away games a season have chosen Sunderland over others.

Seeing as its easily the longest journey yes I am.