Supporter of the Year? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Supporter of the Year?

Dec 7, 2008
I can guarantee Roger was actually verbally abused by a steward at yesterday's game, the steward in question was wearing jacket number 125 and started to have a go at Roger for apparently taking to long, bearing in mind Roger is in fact in a wheelchair, he then asked "what’s up with him is he on drugs? "

It was then explained to him what Rogers condition was and the people in question actually tried to reason with him to which he responded he doesn’t care he gets paid by Argyle and showed no remorse for his actions whatsoever, now I can understand if Roger was actually trying to start any sort of trouble but as most know and can quite clearly see that would and could not be the case.

He then turnt his attention to his carer and started to give him grief.

It does make me slightly worried that when the Disabled area gets closed at the end of the season and they get moved to another part of the ground that this is the type of people that are being employed by the security company to apparently look after are safety and provide us with an enjoyable safe experience!

For me people like this steward should have no place in that position let alone the world, having already seen a friend loose his battle with Motor Neurone Disease and now to see Roger who I have known for a number of years go through this life deteriorating battle be treated like this at a place he goes and has gone for all his life due to his love and Loyalty to Plymouth Argyle sickens me to the bone.

H

handbags blake

Thank you for the update,I and my wife are quite angered by this occurrence and do wish that we could seen this ourselves. We shall be speaking to abbey and his carer when we see them next about this incident. I strongly imagine this was not witnessed by many people as abby is so well known by the green army that the steward would of been lucky to have escaped their anger. The one thing that annoys me the most about this is we have not a home game for the next 3 weeks and this might be forgotten by then. I do hope that this is acted upon soon and if necessary this steward is removed from his job or at the very least removed from where he is currently due to possible repercussions.

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
nickthegreek":whfltszc said:
I can guarantee Roger was actually verbally abused by a steward at yesterday's game, the steward in question was wearing jacket number 125 and started to have a go at Roger for apparently taking to long, bearing in mind Roger is in fact in a wheelchair, he then asked "what’s up with him is he on drugs? "

It was then explained to him what Rogers condition was and the people in question actually tried to reason with him to which he responded he doesn’t care he gets paid by Argyle and showed no remorse for his actions whatsoever, now I can understand if Roger was actually trying to start any sort of trouble but as most know and can quite clearly see that would and could not be the case.

It does make me slightly worried that when the Disabled area gets closed at the end of the season and they get moved to another part of the ground that this is the type of people that are being employed by the security company to apparently look after are safety and provide us with an enjoyable safe experience!

For me people like this steward should have no place in that position let alone the world, having already seen a friend loose his battle with Motor Neurone Disease and now to see Roger who I have known for a number of years go through this life deteriorating battle be treated like this at a place he goes and has gone for all his life due to his love and Loyalty to Plymouth Argyle sickens me to the bone.
Also forgot to mention that he was actually in the toilet at the time, so that kind of makes it even worse!

I think you should complain to both:

Jon BACK Head of Operations
Plymouth Argyle FC
Email: jon.back@pafc.co.uk

and

Rick Cowdery - Supporter Liaison Manager
Plymouth Argyle FC
Email: rick.cowdery@pafc.co.uk

Good luck

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
PutneyPete":3erlxxj1 said:
nickthegreek":3erlxxj1 said:

Also forgot to mention that he was actually in the toilet at the time, so that kind of makes it even worse!

I think you should complain to both:

Jon BACK Head of Operations
Plymouth Argyle FC
Email: jon.back@pafc.co.uk

and

Rick Cowdery - Supporter Liaison Manager
Plymouth Argyle FC
Email: rick.cowdery@pafc.co.uk

Good luck

Good shout

I would hope and think the club would take action, following an investigation. Fans are an integral part of what PAFC is all about now and things like this taken very seriously!

Sep 6, 2006
handbags blake":aulw95qp said:
Thank you for the update,I and my wife are quite angered by this occurrence and do wish that we could seen this ourselves. We shall be speaking to abbey and his carer when we see them next about this incident. I strongly imagine this was not witnessed by many people as abby is so well known by the green army that the steward would have been lucky to have escaped their anger. The one thing that annoys me the most about this is we have not a home game for the next 3 weeks and this might be forgotten by then. I do hope that this is acted upon soon and if necessary this steward is removed from his job or at the very least removed from where he is currently due to possible repercussions.

Removed from where he is?! How is that acceptable? So he can treat somebody else the same?

H

handbags blake

Removed from where he is as his number has been given already and he may suffer from repercussions of what it has been reported to have happened on here.i have not yet spoken to roger or his carer to find out what happened and I presume that the club have not yet dealt with this incident.As far as I know this person might be completely innocent of any abuse to abby and might now be targeted for abuse by some fans.This incident might even have been a little bit of banter between abby and the steward just misinterpreted as abuse by someone overhearing the conversation.I DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED and I do not know what was said but what I do know is that abby is on friendly terms with some of the stewards and this might have been a private joke between them.