Supporters Bar | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Supporters Bar

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Oh dear seems like I touched a nerve! Same as anyone else I can offer my opinions on the topic and what people write.
In my opinion there’s three or four people on here that don’t like what’s being offered in order to resolve a difficult situation but can do nothing more than complain rather than accept the resolution let alone offer a workable alternative.
The Brexit analogy is therefore appropriate.
Another analogy that seems appropriate would be Season Ticket holders getting first option to buy tickets for big matches. Only when the people who have paid up front have bought their tickets are they offered to fans who haven’t. I used “entitled’ because you want to claim the right to entry into the new bar when you haven’t- for whatever reason- paid up front. In other words, you want the ‘Liverpool ‘ ticket and as you cannot get one in the first round of sales allege that the club is somehow stopping you from attending a game where there is less demand- say Oldham.
Nobody is saying you can’t gain access to the bar when there’s availability but you want the right to enter when it suits you.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
bringonthemilkman":26zkzlvc said:
Oh dear seems like I touched a nerve! Same as anyone else I can offer my opinions on the topic and what people write.
In my opinion there’s three or four people on here that don’t like what’s being offered in order to resolve a difficult situation but can do nothing more than complain rather than accept the resolution let alone offer a workable alternative.
The Brexit analogy is therefore appropriate.
Another analogy that seems appropriate would be Season Ticket holders getting first option to buy tickets for big matches. Only when the people who have paid up front have bought their tickets are they offered to fans who haven’t. I used “entitled’ because you want to claim the right to entry into the new bar when you haven’t- for whatever reason- paid up front. In other words, you want the ‘Liverpool ‘ ticket and as you cannot get one in the first round of sales allege that the club is somehow stopping you from attending a game where there is less demand- say Oldham.
Nobody is saying you can’t gain access to the bar when there’s availability but you want the right to enter when it suits you.

Firstly, the season ticket analogy would only work if every seat in the ground was bought as a season ticket.
Secondly, as I pointed out, the season ticket sales for Liverpool stands in my favour as those with season tickets aren’t just buying for themselves but in most cases 3 additional tickets which is likely to affect others from buying in the second round.
Thirdly, i’ve Never claimed/asked for or expected any preferential treatment for the reasons i’ve already stated.
Fourthly, i’ve already suggested that in order to be an occasional user I would buy a membership for downstairs only on the basis of it being over subscribed and I take a chance of being turned away
Fifthly, if I were to be able to use the facility of course it would be when I want to, has anyone been forced by gunpoint into a bar but as i’ve Said, I appreciate i would never be a regular and
Lastly, in order to make a profit for the investors the GTs will need more people than fanfesters or investors to attend on the 23 match days or do you expect that the bar would be open 5-6 days a week for receptions? That’s when the GTs will see the value of others which they’ve not done as yet.

Now, before you talk about nerves being touched, you reply making accusations about me and I will answer them.

Apr 1, 2017
Surprised the staff and maybe some members were Watching the game from the bifold doors that overlooks the pitch...

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I’d just like to point out that I have never questioned anyone having an opinion on this subject, unlike the few that have constantly questioned my motivation for my opinions. I’ve been accused of besmerching the great works and deeds of the GTs during our darkest times which is an untruth.

I’ve also been accused of being less of a supporter than others because my work stops me attending every game. All that I don’t really give a poo about but I will respond if you are not honest in your portrayal of me.

Apr 1, 2017
Ade the green":12fj2gdf said:
Born green":12fj2gdf said:
Surprised the staff and maybe some members were Watching the game from the bifold doors that overlooks the pitch...

I’m not, I saw them there at the Salford game.

Yes,but they were sat in the dark then....
Yesterday it looked like they Were sunning themselves in spain

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Ade the green":3mfx6hig said:
Secondly, as I pointed out, the season ticket sales for Liverpool stands in my favour as those with season tickets aren’t just buying for themselves but in most cases 3 additional tickets which is likely to affect others from buying in the second round.

Not so. As a season ticket holder, if I want tickets for an away match (and this WAS most certainly the case for the Liverpool match) I can only buy one ticket per season ticket. If I want to buy a second ticket to take a friend as well, I have to wait until general sale (if it gets that far) and then we would not be sat in the same area.

Don’t knock the GT’s supporters bar. It is what it is regarding entry at the moment and it will settle down in time to be an excellent bar for all.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
metroace":26bc5z2u said:
Ade the green":26bc5z2u said:

Not so. As a season ticket holder, if I want tickets for an away match (and this WAS most certainly the case for the Liverpool match) I can only buy one ticket per season ticket. If I want to buy a second ticket to take a friend as well, I have to wait until general sale (if it gets that far) and then we would not be sat in the same area.

Don’t knock the GT’s supporters bar. It is what it is regarding entry at the moment and it will settle down in time to be an excellent bar for all.

And the tag team brings in another adversary. You guys need to give up cos i’m not changing my mind or opinion.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Nerve touched again!
You are putting words in my mouth: I never said you had besmerched (sic) the GTs; I just mentioned the reason the Fansfests began.
Secondly, I have not said anything about you being any less of a fan because you cannot make it to every game.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
bringonthemilkman":3a5bot3p said:
Nerve touched again!
You are putting words in my mouth: I never said you had besmerched (sic) the GTs; I just mentioned the reason the Fansfests began.
Secondly, I have not said anything about you being any less of a fan because you cannot make it to every game.

Well someone’s got a high opinion of themselves. I never said it was you now did I.

Sep 25, 2010
You think that it would be great opportunity for the GT to open up ‘their’, new bar to others tomorrow night for the Yeovil game.
Others being people who are not GT members, and unable to get membership at the moment, and for others to have a look at the new facilities. Also to obtain some more income for their project.

But surprisingly they are not opening to supporters. ?

Apr 4, 2015
I, like many others was looking forward to the new supporters bar when it was announced and was also disappointed when it turned out I wasn't eligible to use the facilities on a regular match day basis, However I fully understood the reasoning behind it. I then registered my interest in joining the GT's or using the bar when possible via a short email and they responded swiftly informing me of how and when I could join or access the new facilities, since then I have been offered the chance to attend on 2 occasions which unfortunately I have been unable to take up due to my own arrangements. The GT's could not have done any more than they have to try and let me attend so to hear people complaining makes me think they have another agenda. Its not their fault that some want to attend every game and some on the odd occasion but they have a duty to their investors to make the place a success and they are completely correct to look after the core of supporters that will fill the place every game, not the ones who just want to rock up, use the bar and disappear again for another month or two. Its a common sense and responsible decision end of. I am not a GT member and never have been but they deserve the bar and a lot more imo.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Surprisingly? Open up for what 40/50 people maybe?

Can’t imagine that making any sense Martyn.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
freddie2greens":2x8oqdnv said:
I, like many others was looking forward to the new supporters bar when it was announced and was also disappointed when it turned out I wasn't eligible to use the facilities on a regular match day basis, However I fully understood the reasoning behind it. I then registered my interest in joining the GT's or using the bar when possible via a short email and they responded swiftly informing me of how and when I could join or access the new facilities, since then I have been offered the chance to attend on 2 occasions which unfortunately I have been unable to take up due to my own arrangements. The GT's could not have done any more than they have to try and let me attend so to hear people complaining makes me think they have another agenda.

“ Its not their fault that some want to attend every game and some on the odd occasion”

but they have a duty to their investors to make the place a success and they are completely correct to look after the core of supporters that will fill the place every game, not the ones who just want to rock up, use the bar and disappear again for another month or two. Its a common sense and responsible decision end of. I am not a GT member and never have been but they deserve the bar and a lot more imo.

I’ve highlighted a sentence. It’s not my fault I CAN’T attend every game as I have work commitments most weekends.