Supporters Bar | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Supporters Bar

Sep 25, 2010
IJN":3r61e06j said:
Surprisingly? Open up for what 40/50 people maybe?

Can’t imagine that making any sense Martyn.

Firstly, don’t know how many people in would attract.

Secondly, it gives a chance for the GT to show off their new facilities, to people who are not members, invite people in, and who knows might attract new members.

Especially for people who can’t get in on normal matchdays, as I thought it is for PAFC supporters

Also it would attract revenue.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
IJN":2gsak9ds said:

So finally, an admission it won’t be open unless a majority of members ask for it to be opened for any particular reason which would suggest not open to non-members OR i’d have to hire out one of the levels for a private function. That said, the logistics of opening for anyone to partake before and at half time of the match is unlikely with the Lyndhurst and Demport being the populated areas of the ground.

Would either level be open if the grandstand was open already and people could watch from that side of the stadium instead of the Lyndhurst?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Martyn":1pxvx03i said:
IJN":1pxvx03i said:

Secondly, it gives a chance for the GT to show off their new facilities, to people who are not members, invite people in, and who knows might attract new members.

Especially for people who can’t get in on normal matchdays, as I thought it is for PAFC supporters

I was already answering IJN but I can edit. Problem being is that it’s not very accessible from the open areas of the ground. If the new grandstand were open people could watch the game from the bottom stand and grab a pint at half time but can’t from the Demport or Lyndhurst.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Ade the green":161e5q8u said:
Problem being is that it’s not very accessible from the open areas of the ground. If the new grandstand were open people could watch the game from the bottom stand and grab a pint at half time but can’t from the Demport or Lyndhurst.

Those in the Grandstand would be in the same position as those in the other areas - the GT's building is outside the stadium according to the plans for Home Park, as I read them. There is a fence running between the new turnstiles and the GT's building, with the GT's entrance outside it.

https://planning.plymouth.gov.uk/online ... 522287.pdf

Sep 25, 2010
Ade the green":1bkb67fn said:
Martyn":1bkb67fn said:
IJN":1bkb67fn said:

I was already answering IJN but I can edit. Problem being is that it’s not very accessible from the open areas of the ground. If the new grandstand were open people could watch the game from the bottom stand and grab a pint at half time but can’t from the Demport or Lyndhurst.

At the moment it is open before the match, and before ko it is closed, and people make their way towards the Devonport/lyndhurst, I believe it is not open at half time,

But I repeat on these such occasions, it is an opportunity for the powers at be at the GT, to showcase their facilities, to people who can’t get in their on a normal match day, like they did for the Bristol Rovers cup tie.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Ade the green":98p29pqv said:
freddie2greens":98p29pqv said:
I, like many others was looking forward to the new supporters bar when it was announced and was also disappointed when it turned out I wasn't eligible to use the facilities on a regular match day basis, However I fully understood the reasoning behind it. I then registered my interest in joining the GT's or using the bar when possible via a short email and they responded swiftly informing me of how and when I could join or access the new facilities, since then I have been offered the chance to attend on 2 occasions which unfortunately I have been unable to take up due to my own arrangements. The GT's could not have done any more than they have to try and let me attend so to hear people complaining makes me think they have another agenda.

“ Its not their fault that some want to attend every game and some on the odd occasion”

but they have a duty to their investors to make the place a success and they are completely correct to look after the core of supporters that will fill the place every game, not the ones who just want to rock up, use the bar and disappear again for another month or two. Its a common sense and responsible decision end of. I am not a GT member and never have been but they deserve the bar and a lot more imo.

I’ve highlighted a sentence. It’s not my fault I CAN’T attend every game as I have work commitments most weekends.

This is important. We've clearly established Its not the GT's fault you can't make it as you have to work. It's not your fault you have to work, so whose fault is it? :crazy:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ade the green":3fsjqgk0 said:
So finally, an admission it won’t be open unless a majority of members ask for it to be opened for any particular reason which would suggest not open to non-members OR i’d have to hire out one of the levels for a private function. That said, the logistics of opening for anyone to partake before and at half time of the match is unlikely with the Lyndhurst and Demport being the populated areas of the ground.

An 'admission'? What the hell have I try do with the GT's? How can I 'admit' anything? :crazy:

I was merely suggesting that it would not be financially viable to open it and staff it for such a game?

Sep 25, 2010
IJN":32fslj47 said:
Ade the green":32fslj47 said:

An 'admission'? What the hell have I try do with the GT's? How can I 'admit' anything? :crazy:

I was merely suggesting that it would not be financially viable to open it and staff it for such a game?

There might be one or two occasions, where it might a loss of revenue on some nights, and tomorrow night, might be one of them. But I am sure the current Fanfests, and other events might cover such loss.

But looking at the bigger scale, it gives an opportunity for other ‘supporters’, who are NOT GT members, to visit the GT members bar. I thought the purpose was to supply a venue for ALL supporters.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
So they're meant to open the bar up for 50/60 people? Who might or might not turn up?

Simply doesn't make sense to me Martyn, but I have no experience of such things so perhaps I'm wrong.

Sep 25, 2010
IJN":1zrwns94 said:
So they're meant to open the bar up for 50/60 people? Who might or might not turn up?

Simply doesn't make sense to me Martyn, but I have no experience of such things so perhaps I'm wrong.

Basically yes,
if non GT members know , it’s open, for non GT members and a opportunity to go in there, it could be beneficial to everybody, and for people, who might not get a chance otherwise.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I do not know what licensing rules are in the UK, but is it feasible for the GT to be open from say 5pm to 7:45pm on a game day like tomorrow, and will they eventually be open on non game days and on weekends.?

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
Think they could licence 24hrs a day if they wanted to now.
They really need to work on their optics around being a supporters bar. It’s the place where they would want to have non-matchday revenue. At the moment there appears to be a reluctance to include people who hadn’t or couldn’t make donations. You’d also think the investors would want return on said investment, so more bodies in there would make sense.

Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
Ottawa Green":lmb7jxj9 said:
I do not know what licensing rules are in the UK, but is it feasible for the GT to be open from say 5pm to 7:45pm on a game day like tomorrow, and will they eventually be open on non game days and on weekends.?

What can be offered depends on what is applied for. Anyone can apply to open 24 hours but that doesn't mean it will be open - there is little point in paying power and staffing if there are no customers. If an application is made and the terms of control are set out by volunteered conditions, it may get no representations (from local residents, police, etc.), in which case it will be automatically granted. The current licence allows opening from 08.00 until 02.00 for all activities but it is down to the licensee to decide when to open. If it intended to extend the approved hours or offer additional or different activities, they can be changed by issuing a temporary event notice but there are limits to how many can be issued each year.

Sep 25, 2010
Ottawa Green":36drkofj said:

They did exactly that for the Bristol Rovers cup tie last week.

Where they opened up the place to non GT members

D

Darren Stoneman

I don’t understand why IJN and the GTs are getting stick over this!

Everyone had the opportunity to invest and therefore become members , some people such and Mr Newell did, others such as me didn’t or couldn’t , therefore quite rightly investors or members should get the opportunity to reap the benefits of their investments

I am sure as the. GTs settle in and the facility becomes more widely known then non member openings / bookings may become available

These facilities were not paid for by PAFC but by a group of Argyle loving fans who wanted something better for them and the club and to that I say bravo

If more fans want an fans zone then this is something they need to raise with the club and see if this could be arranged