Swindon Town v Plymouth Argyle - the build up ** 7:00 PM ** | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Swindon Town v Plymouth Argyle - the build up ** 7:00 PM **

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Having performed admirably in the rarified atmospheres of the Stadium of Light and Bramall Lane it is only logical that Argyle will overcome all opposition at the more modest surroundings of Swindon's County Ground. Except that all Argyle fans will know from painful experience that it doesn't always happen this way.

Come on Argyle! Prove a cynical old git wrong and do the business on Tuesday evening! (Please?) :scarf:

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Swindon have made 5 deals so far in the transfer window

Dominic Thompson [Brentford - Swindon] Loan
Kieron Freeman [Unattached - Swindon]
Mark Travers [Bournemouth - Swindon] Loan
Conor Masterson [QPR - Swindon Town] Loan
Tyrese Omotoye [Norwich - Swindon] Loan

Apr 4, 2015
999mattyg":2cpvppiz said:
djg145":2cpvppiz said:
When ever this game away to Swindon comes around, i always remember 1987 and being at the game where Mark Smith a 17 year old Argyle fan was attacked and died.

RIP Mark Smith

What a tragedy!
RIP
I do not miss the 80’s!

Im exactly the same, I went to school with Mark and he was a massive fan of Argyle. Such a waste of a young life, very very sad indeed.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Apologies for moving this on slightly as I can only agree with the previous sentiments but I can only think Opoku will gain a lot of experience having come up against Billy Sharpe and the lad who cost £13 million pounds and frankly looked about £13,000 worth of talent, what the hell is going on on with football prices? The keeper was signed for ?18.5 million whaaaaat :lol: :shock: :lol: To be fair happy the lad has signed but please can we have a gnarly old sod to help develop the lads in the back three.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Larry David":356hqvx8 said:
Apologies for moving this on slightly as I can only agree with the previous sentiments but I can only think Opoku will gain a lot of experience having come up against Billy Sharpe and the lad who cost £13 million pounds and frankly looked about £13,000 worth of talent, what the hell is going on on with football prices? The keeper was signed for ?18.5 million whaaaaat :lol: :lol: To be fair happy the lad has signed but please can we have a gnarly old sod to help develop the lads in the back three.

Can’t believe I undervalued Brewster by ten million. They spent 23 Million pounds on him 23 Million!!! How mental/obscene is that and they are still miles adrift and guaranteed to be relegated from the a premier!! Mental. :shock:

In fact wait! Would you swap both of them for Cooper and Jephcott?? Not a chance and combined they cost more than 40 million pounds.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Back to the nitty gritty at Swindon...where a result matters....

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Larry David":d6darfli said:
Larry David":d6darfli said:
Apologies for moving this on slightly as I can only agree with the previous sentiments but I can only think Opoku will gain a lot of experience having come up against Billy Sharpe and the lad who cost £13 million pounds and frankly looked about £13,000 worth of talent, what the hell is going on on with football prices? The keeper was signed for ?18.5 million whaaaaat :lol: :lol: To be fair happy the lad has signed but please can we have a gnarly old sod to help develop the lads in the back three.

Can’t believe I undervalued Brewster by ten million. They spent 23 Million pounds on him 23 Million!!! How mental/obscene is that and they are still miles adrift and guaranteed to be relegated from the a premier!! Mental. :shock:

In fact wait! Would you swap both of them for Cooper and Jephcott?? Not a chance and combined they cost more than 40 million pounds.

The thing is Larry, Brewster will probably tear up the Championship next season, but he looks well short of confidence at PL level. Mind you, it is the worst PL team ever, so that’s not surprising. Even worse than Derby.

Even worse than Derby - as a complete aside, I remember that being a song that Man Utd fans sang about HP at the St Etienne game all those years ago. Glory hunters

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Swindon are definitely a tougher prospect now than when we played them at home. They've made some good signings & they've been playing well of late. I'd probably take a point if you offered it.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":2tt8xkol said:
Swindon are definitely a tougher prospect now than when we played them at home. They've made some good signings & they've been playing well of late. I'd probably take a point if you offered it.
Can't agree with that, they were 20th when we beat them in November and they're 23rd now. Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, a pretty dismal 4 points from 7 games at home since Shez took over.

I'd be very disappointed if we didn't win this one. We should be better than them. I dont think its arrogant to say that, simply looking at the league table, form guide, and the fact that our manager has more promotions in 2 and a half years than theirs has had in 15. 3 points please Argyle.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
I'll never forget the away game in 2003 when we were 2-0 up courtesy of Capaldi and Norris, then threw it away to 2-2 in the 90th minute. I can still hear the incessant "2-0, and you (messed) it up" chant from the Swindon fans until Marino slid the ball home for 3-2 to Argyle in the last minute of injury time. The away end went absolutely mental, I was hugging people I'd never seen before. I remember the weather was atrocious and we were blasted with rain in the uncovered away end for the whole match.

Oh for a return to those days. And yeah, I'd take the same result tonight please Mr Lowe!

It was a pretty useful squad we had back then:
Plymouth: McCormick, Connolly, Gilbert, Coughlan, Aljofree, Norris, Wotton, Hodges, Capaldi, Lowndes, Keith.
Subs: Sturrock, Evans, Stonebridge, Friio, Adams.

For any Facebook users:
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1843764525745186

Oct 5, 2013
vibratingspider":3510ghcd said:
I'll never forget the away game in 2003 when we were 2-0 up courtesy of Capaldi and Norris, then threw it away to 2-2 in the 90th minute. I can still hear the incessant "2-0, and you (messed) it up" chant from the Swindon fans until Marino slid the ball home for 3-2 to Argyle in the last minute of injury time. The away end went absolutely mental, I was hugging people I'd never seen before. I remember the weather was atrocious and we were blasted with rain in the uncovered away end for the whole match.

Oh for a return to those days. And yeah, I'd take the same result tonight please Mr Lowe!

Plymouth: McCormick, Connolly, Gilbert, Coughlan, Aljofree, Norris, Wotton, Hodges, Capaldi, Lowndes, Keith.

For any Facebook users:

That was a great night, the energy in the ground was truly amazing.

Kevin Pedlar

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jul 28, 2010
Plymouth
philevs":2kgm8d8o said:
vibratingspider":2kgm8d8o said:

For any Facebook users:

That was a great night, the energy in the ground was truly amazing.

Think you’re confusing things a bit. The game above was a 3pm kick off in winter so it was dark at the end.

We then beat them by the same score, and in the same order of scoring, a few years later in an evening game when BW-P scored the winner. !

I was lucky enough to have been at both games. :scarf:

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
As Kevin says ‘twas the afternoon match, hilarious as we walked out of the ground, surrounded by the police who were grinning at our chant “2-2 each & you fecked it up!” A shame not to be there this evening, Ho Hum!