Swindon Town v Plymouth Argyle - the build up ** 7:00 PM ** | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Swindon Town v Plymouth Argyle - the build up ** 7:00 PM **

Oct 20, 2015
What happened to Swindon between last season and this season? Last season they were almost untouchable in L2 (and deserved champions) but now they're propping up the L1 table. We obviously know it's tricky adjusting to life in a higher league but I would have expected Swindon to be in a better position than us to do it.

Funny old game.

Come on you greens, I too would take a point tonight - feels like a banana skin game and they will be hassling our back three from kick off.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Kevin Pedlar":2c7lcfuj said:
philevs":2c7lcfuj said:
vibratingspider":2c7lcfuj said:
I'll never forget the away game in 2003 when we were 2-0 up courtesy of Capaldi and Norris, then threw it away to 2-2 in the 90th minute. I can still hear the incessant "2-0, and you (messed) it up" chant from the Swindon fans until Marino slid the ball home for 3-2 to Argyle in the last minute of injury time. The away end went absolutely mental, I was hugging people I'd never seen before. I remember the weather was atrocious and we were blasted with rain in the uncovered away end for the whole match.

Oh for a return to those days. And yeah, I'd take the same result tonight please Mr Lowe!

It was a pretty useful squad we had back then:
Plymouth: McCormick, Connolly, Gilbert, Coughlan, Aljofree, Norris, Wotton, Hodges, Capaldi, Lowndes, Keith.
Subs: Sturrock, Evans, Stonebridge, Friio, Adams.

For any Facebook users:
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1843764525745186

That was a great night, the energy in the ground was truly amazing.

Think you’re confusing things a bit. The game above was a 3pm kick off in winter so it was dark at the end.

We then beat them by the same score, and in the same order of scoring, a few years later in an evening game when BW-P scored the winner. !

I was lucky enough to have been at both games. :scarf:

That was a cracking game. Peach of a header after a great move down the left I recall

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
Swindon are not the same quality team as last year when they were excellent at HP last season no Doyle no Yates no Wellens as Manager etc etc.....so Argyle will probably lose tonight then

Jul 28, 2017
vibratingspider":3uu79cp8 said:
I'll never forget the away game in 2003 when we were 2-0 up courtesy of Capaldi and Norris, then threw it away to 2-2 in the 90th minute. I can still hear the incessant "2-0, and you (messed) it up" chant from the Swindon fans until Marino slid the ball home for 3-2 to Argyle in the last minute of injury time. The away end went absolutely mental, I was hugging people I'd never seen before. I remember the weather was atrocious and we were blasted with rain in the uncovered away end for the whole match.

Oh for a return to those days. And yeah, I'd take the same result tonight please Mr Lowe!

It was a pretty useful squad we had back then:
Plymouth: McCormick, Connolly, Gilbert, Coughlan, Aljofree, Norris, Wotton, Hodges, Capaldi, Lowndes, Keith.
Subs: Sturrock, Evans, Stonebridge, Friio, Adams.

For any Facebook users:
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1843764525745186

Yes I was there, what a finish!

Jul 7, 2008
Plymouth/Bristol
The exact same thing then happened in 2010. 2-0 up, 2-2 and Wright-Phillips scored an injury time winner. Another great memory this time in the midst of all the insolvency rubbish happening at the time.

Mar 14, 2009
slingsby_pobble":2xqw18us said:
What happened to Swindon between last season and this season? Last season they were almost untouchable in L2 (and deserved champions) but now they're propping up the L1 table. We obviously know it's tricky adjusting to life in a higher league but I would have expected Swindon to be in a better position than us to do it.

Funny old game.

Come on you greens, I too would take a point tonight - feels like a banana skin game and they will be hassling our back three from kick off.

Lost their manager and key players. The front two for them last season were there heart beat along with Jaiyesimi who had at excellent game at HP on New Years day.

I’m looking at social media and number of comments about how we should easily win tonight. The one thing about Sheridan is he can get teams out of the mire. When he came to Argyle we were in a desperate state. He managed to grind out enough wins with a poor team and l expect he will make Swindon very competitive.

Expecting a tough game tonight.

Jun 27, 2019
I wonder if Sheridan has won a game he's been behind in yet. Just wondering how confident I should be if we score first.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
I remember listening to that game,sat in the car while my wife and daughter went shopping,(i declined the offer to join them :greensmile: )
I could hear the "Fussed it up " chant quite clearly on the radio,and,what a feeling when the winner went in,(Marino Keith from a very deft header from Mickey Evans) just as the aformentioned returned to my car where i was celebrating quite loudly on my own.
Watched the highlights later,and it was just as exciting then. :scarf:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Need to win this one if we are looking to get our season back on track....

Sep 23, 2003
location, location.
oddball":3cma878p said:
Need to win this one if we are looking to get our season back on track....

When did it fall off the track? Last 6 in the league have been WDLWDW. We are 8th in form over that period. Yes, the two before that run were both defeats but that shows we have turned things round and are "back on track", no?