Swindon v Argyle | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Swindon v Argyle

May 16, 2016
Swindon this season compared to last remind me of the change between the Shilton seasons. Thought they looked doomed. Great from us, hopefully we've turned the proverbial corner and look solid enough to compliment the flair.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Ponty":25s2bp28 said:
0-2 tonight I reckon
Two out of two in the League
Thought we played very well and apart from the first minute we didn't look like conceding.

Great game for Camara and Mayor.

Oct 31, 2015
Well done RL, the coaches and players. Couldn't buy an away win until last week then 2 come along.

Also looks like the half time team talks don't include pasties anymore. Happier than I was back in early December.

COYGs :thumbup:

Jun 13, 2015
I don't think anyone has mentioned it, but a cracking advantage was played by the Ref in the lead up to our second goal. The foul was on the edge of our box and he saw that we had a break on, so a massive "well done" to him! :clap: :clap:

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
Great week on the road...away form suddenly improved massively
Swindon are a poor side this season and these are the sort of games that we need to keep on winning

Mar 14, 2009
Most pleasing thing about tonight was two halves that had Argyle good team performances in them.

Tonight was very pleasing as I don’t think l’ve see Argyle this season play a game where ld say the individual players were all at least a good 7 out of 10 performance.

Cooper didn’t have much to do but at 1-0, he made a good save from Jaiyesami (who l didn’t realise was still at Swindon).

At the back we good solid and composed. Mayor looked very bright when ball at his feet. Hardie ran his socks off. He really did deserve that goal tonight. However, the man that shines to me in this team is Camara. He was brilliant and there is nothing more exciting than seeing him run with the ball. The only thing he lacks is some composure in his passing but otherwise what a player we have.

We can talk about how poor Swindon were. However, you can only beat with what’s in front of you and they were seconds away this weekend from winning at Charlton away.

One final thing. Ennis. It looked very encouraging when he came on. He made some very good runs and really got involved in the build up. His added dimension factor of pace gives us something different. I very excited to see how he will develop in the weeks ahead.

Oct 20, 2015
Herts_Green":1moj5p2h said:
I don’t think I can recall an easier away win for argyle. Swindon were absolutely dreadful, one of the worst performances by a home team I’ve seen for a long while. Argyle played well and did what was needed. Only criticism is that we didn’t score 5.

Agreed, won at a canter. Swindon were very poor. People shouldn't get carried away - we've got five days to sign a CB, preferably two, and a DCM would be nice.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Balham_Green":1vlmfab7 said:
Tugboat":1vlmfab7 said:
Tugboat":1vlmfab7 said:
Balham_Green":1vlmfab7 said:
Hardie so overrated
He’ll score tonight
:cool:

:thumbs: : Hes not bad against League 2 defences. I still don't rate him. Has scored very few.
With a better forward line we would have won by 4 or 5 tonight

Swindon are in League One I think you'll find.

Jul 6, 2005
Well done Argyle, a good win.

We have to beat struggling bottom 4 teams to extend the gap and we deservedly did that tonight.

Cooper only called upon to make the one decent save when Fornah let his man get away and nobody else moved in quick enough to close him down before he got a good shot away.

Further confidence boosters for Cooper with the clean sheet and for Hardie with a decent finish.

Camara looking the real deal as a box to box midfielder with goals in him. The really good thing is that at his age, he still has a long way to go to reach his full potential but he gets better with each game.

As an aside, most people thought Swindon would struggle a little bit without Doyle and Yates but I didn't expect them to be among the favourites to go down. They look absolutely devoid of confidence and Sheridan needs to turn it around sooner rather than later or they will be back in League 2.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Well done boys, very professional performance. What was impressive is how easy we looked and how we kept the ball moving continuously, we are seeing the benefits of a settled side.

Swindon were truly awful. Interesting to see the fate of two ex Argyle managers tonight. Sheridan has turned Swindon into an awful side compared to when we last played them and Adams to give him credit has turned Morecambe into a top 3 side by scraping together resources with ex Argyle players and a central midfield pairing of Songo and Diagouraga tonight.