Thank you Exeter City | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Thank you Exeter City

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Stuart House":1asd1qv7 said:
Ave_IT":1asd1qv7 said:
On the subject of our friends up the road - on the radio this weekend I heard a couple of things about their academy that if true (and I heard right) left me green with envy :coat: .

Firstly they were absolutely raving about Ollie Watkins in the Brentford game on Radio 5 and they were saying big clubs are now chasing him with a £27m price fee being bandied around and - get this - apparently Exeter may have a 20% sell on fee according to some City supporting neighbours of mine (surely not?)....... Then, on Radio Devon (must admit I was only half listening while they covered the end of the City game) but they started going on about some 15 year old super-star prospect that they have in their academy that the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool & Barcelona (yes - they said that!) are chasing. Indeed they started crowing about how brilliant their academy is and how all the big clubs in Europe are paying attention to it. Anyone know about this and can shoot it down if nonsense please?

Don't worry about the 15yo - EPPP will see they get sod all for him.

Just like Ampadu!

Thing about that lot up the road is they always claim to be skint, hence why they only paid £1 for Barnet’s old stand. Had Barnet known about possible windfalls they wouldn’t get things on the cheap.

The more annoying thing about that lot are they’re going to or have got a transfer fee from selling Boatang on to MK Dons.

That and they’re all a bunch of illiterate pricks.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
The big problem with their business model is that, quite possibly they may come unstuck should they ever go through a spell of 4/5 years with no big transfer fees.

EPPP will also rob them of quiet a few talented youngsters for peanuts.

Fair play to them this year though, I actually think they will get promoted for a change. I just hope for FFS we do as well!

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Devongreenowl":fz69sqli said:
Moderator - can we close or at least rename this thread please? I’m finding it controlling and coercive every time I see the title on the app. Thanks
:whistle:

I will not post on this thread, I will not post on this thread, I will not post on this thread. Oh damn I`ve posted, now how did that happen, help me !!!!!!!!! :twisted:

May 16, 2016
mervyn":379vb9ms said:
I may have mentioned this in an earlier post, but they do apparently have £1.7 million in the bank.

They might well do, and possibly more to come from sell ons maybe ? However, they must have to dip into the pot on a regular basis to cover whatever overheads they have. I doubt they turnover enough to cover everything.

They do at least have some spare Cash but there's not always going to be a regular supply of Youth to rely on paying Bills several years later.

I doubt we have a nest egg other than the Budget or what Mr Hallett is prepared to pay out, but we do have the Corporate stuff to help pay the overheads.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Guiri Green":1da7uax4 said:
You may indeed have said Tongue in Cheek Devongreenowl but, how would anyone know if you were being serious or literal ? What if you actually had your Tongue in your Cheek and while composing your Post, you bit it ? Who would you blame - yourself or the OP ?

Let me say you'd have no recourse with the OP Poster as I've seen no evidence of Coercing or Physclogical manipulation. The fault would be yours in so much as it's your fault.

What if someone from our younger fraternity was reading PASOTI while bouncing on a Trampoline (their own or someone else's like a Cousin or even at that place up Derriford) and bit their own Tongue ? You'd be feeling pretty guilty then wouldn't you.

It's about time some people took the Posts on here seriously.

We need one of those Army style adverts for snow flakes, but telling them not to bother :funny:

Nov 14, 2010
Exeter
Top6utd":37n8tph3 said:
As a fan of argyle of almost 20 years, I still thank those excretians or whatever the hell they're called (I don't really care) every time they do it because they've done it again. I don't need to spout out statistics at you lot, but I'm delighted that our form has dramatically improved .....and only since it's been proven to do so since them beating us. I was definitely not convinced by Ryan Lowes' motivation, beforehand as he proved he had none which is understandable , and no pointless unproven optimism of our style of play or stupid mindless feeling of improvement in time appeased me whatsoever, like some easily pleased fans.

I certainly know you don't need watch argyle that often or be a clever dick to work out that looking at argyles results at the start of the season compared to where the manager was with his bury team least season, showed what I stick by of what I've said in previous posts about his and our lack of motivation and drastic need for change of manager at the end of the season with out this improvement, because you sneaky fans like to always pull up previous posts, or go on about being an armchair fan, or the same cliches about time, but that's all rubbish ofcourse.

And then there's those fans who hate to notice exeter and say focus on us.... failing to recognise that without that 4-0 loss, and Ryan loses humiliation, we wouldn't be chasing our target and that's to get to 2nd or even first place leapfrogging those annoying neighbours and getting promoted. So thank you Exeter and now I can say thank you Ryan Lowe. We missed you, now keep it up. Because of that motivation we're now focused and playing absolutely brilliantly all round, so well done lads.

As an Exeter supporter, even I find this to be one of the most bizarre posts I've read on a football forum.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I think we should stop flattering Exeter by making out that losing to them was some sort of catalyst or some sort of big moment in our season because it simply isn't true. Prior to playing them, we were actually in strong form (WDDWW), if we were in poor form then it would make more sense, but we weren't, we were doings things in the right way and playing well, it was a bad day at the office, it could have happened against anyone.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Interesting that it was one of only 2 games that Scott Wootton has missed this season (suspended). The other was Cheltenham home (0-2). Late sub for Crawley away (2-2).

I was no more impressed than anyone else last season.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Bernie Bernbaum":3phclzhz said:
mervyn":3phclzhz said:
Devongreenowl":3phclzhz said:
I might thank them when they have their customary second half of the season meltdown, letting us in for one of the automatic promotion places. Not thanking them for anything else, unless we ever poach a good player from them.

It pains me to say it, but I don’t think they will have a second half collapse. Winning when you play badly is the sign of a team that will come out on top.

At risk of being called an Exeter supporter again I've being saying this for awhile. They may well melt down before the end of the season but I haven't seen any signs yet unfortunately.

Do you see a collapse before it happens? Lose one game, lose two, lose three and then you start to see it. Up to now they always look to gain 3 points but there are more than enough 1-0s in their results column to suggest they are fragile. One or two injuries can change a lot in a short space of time.
Sadly, the only team they have thumped this season has been us.