Thanks And Good Luck Curtis - joins Oxford | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Thanks And Good Luck Curtis - joins Oxford

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Wow.... didn't see that coming.

Maybe he has taken a sensible approach to his career and moving up one division may be enough for him to further his game and iron out the flaws without them being exposed in the Championship by better quality players. He is still young with plenty of time to earn money in his later career.

The worst part is that, rightly or wrongly, I assume that had we been promoted he would have stayed with us.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
The move has got to be right for the player. The fee would have been similar wherever he went. So if 3-4 clubs matched our valuation then Curtis would have had the choice. Anywhere above Div1 and he would have struggled to hold down a starting place. Good move for his career IMHO.

Nov 18, 2011
Maybe Curtis was insistent on being first choice which is why he turned down Barnsley for Oxford. Shows though that if we had won at Wembley he may have stayed put.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Adam_R":2tldkqi0 said:

Maybe he has taken a sensible approach to his career and moving up one division may be enough for him to further his game and iron out the flaws without them being exposed in the Championship by better quality players. He is still young with plenty of time to earn money in his later career.

The worst part is that, rightly or wrongly, I assume that had we been promoted he would have stayed with us.
Spot on. His girlfriend had said as much before the end of last season.

I'm in total disbelief as I think he's better than League 1. It's got to be something to do with being given a 2 year deal. I feel disappointed for him, but hey ho, it's his choice.

A

AR09YLE

Joe Totale":94fmets8 said:
Maybe Curtis was insistent on being first choice which is why he turned down Barnsley for Oxford. Shows though that if we had won at Wembley he may have stayed put.

a) He didn't turn down Barnsley, we rejected the fee they were willing to pay for him.

b) Oxford already have 3 decent CBs which will provide a lot of competition for Nelse. I don't think he is guaranteed first team football by any stretch.

Aug 10, 2006
Keepitgreen":ueqsbkha said:
Adam_R":ueqsbkha said:

Spot on. His girlfriend had said as much before the end of last season.

I'm in total disbelief as I think he's better than League 1. It's got to be something to do with being given a 2 year deal. I feel disappointed for him, but hey ho, it's his choice.
don't matter what you think manager's at bigger club's clearly don't think he is that good.

May 21, 2015
I think thats a sensible decision by him. A step up but to a club where he's more likely to get first team action.
I quite like Oxford as a town, nice place.
Best of luck Curtis.

(still gutted).

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
tandark":12gioze2 said:
I quite like Oxford as a town, nice place.

Shame the stadium and surrounding area is schite, but it's closer to his family in Stoke at least.

Aug 10, 2006
need to get at least £250 grand for him but it will probably go to a tribunal and we will get f..k all.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Wow. Thought he deserved a chance in the championship.

Feel hard done by now

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
He was incredibly good V Oxford at our place when we were completely dominated but drew 2-2. he scored our first goal and did that last ditch (fair) tackle from behind when the player should've scored. Still, a strange choice by him. Spose they have money.