Thanks And Good Luck Curtis - joins Oxford | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Thanks And Good Luck Curtis - joins Oxford

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Mark Pedlar":bj8apvhx said:
PlymouthCasual":bj8apvhx said:
Not to fussed about losing Curtis. Great servent to the club but his pace got him out of alot of sticky situations which he had caused himself. Think League 1 is his level but I wish him all the best. The re-signing of Mchugh was much more important in my opinion.

Spot on.

And for me. Too often bullied in the air in this league and just a few too many mistakes. The former will be less of an issue in higher leagues, the latter more so.

Good luck to him - he genuinely was a good servant to our club.

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
Argy1e":q4uk5423 said:
Biggs":q4uk5423 said:
Penlee":q4uk5423 said:
Still, a strange choice by him. Spose they have money.

As we rejected a 'derisory' offer from Barnsley we must have been confident of getting a fair bit more.

I may be severely underestimating their finances, but surely Oxford can't afford a substantial compensation payment that betters what Barnsley were prepared to pay?
Oxford are quite well off financially
, but if their Johnstone's Paint Trophy run generated for them anywhere near as much as it has for clubs in the past that's £1m extra in the bank for them.

Their last set of accounts showed their debts rising by £1.4M to £8.5M.

O

Ox Fan

Have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by this.

We already have 3 well rated centre backs in Wright, Dunkley and Martin.

Dunkley was one of the stand out players in our run in, Wright has been consistently good for many years and Martin has just been signed from Coventry. I'm not sure where they will fit in but Nelson does sound like a great signing.

Can he play anywhere other than centre back? And is he right footed or a lefty?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
ealinggreen":3h2ncm9s said:
Nothing on the official site,I am assuming a fee was agreed.

Wouldn't assume the fee has been agreed. Nelson could sign the contract without a fee being agreed - can be settled at a later date via a tribunal.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Ox Fan":1zv7evdl said:
Have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by this.

We already have 3 well rated centre backs in Wright, Dunkley and Martin.

Dunkley was one of the stand out players in our run in, Wright has been consistently good for many years and Martin has just been signed from Coventry. I'm not sure where they will fit in but Nelson does sound like a great signing.

Can he play anywhere other than centre back?

He can play RB and has had a few spells in the defensive midfield role but his strongest position at present is CB.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Chris Dennis":5383n3m3 said:
Argy1e":5383n3m3 said:
Biggs":5383n3m3 said:
Penlee":5383n3m3 said:
Still, a strange choice by him. Spose they have money.

As we rejected a 'derisory' offer from Barnsley we must have been confident of getting a fair bit more.

I may be severely underestimating their finances, but surely Oxford can't afford a substantial compensation payment that betters what Barnsley were prepared to pay?
Oxford are quite well off financially
, but if their Johnstone's Paint Trophy run generated for them anywhere near as much as it has for clubs in the past that's £1m extra in the bank for them.

Their last set of accounts showed their debts rising by £1.4M to £8.5M.
As far as I'm aware most of that is to their owner. They still have a big budget and paid a (by most accounts, decent) fee to sign Kemar Roofe from West Brom last season.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
SwimWithTheTide":2gqygt97 said:
IJN":2gqygt97 said:
Oxford? Expected better than that I must admit.

Hardly a step up is it?

Underwhelmed on his behalf.

More club blunder than blinder then.

Very sad. A potential club legend lost to sodding Oxford... Ugh. Football sure knows how to sucker punch you.

What ARE you on about?

Nothing to do with the club, the player wanted to leave and he did.

I expected him to do better than Oxford.

My 'blinder' comment (not that I should have to explain) was aimed at PAFC putting the statement out about him being tapped out.

When you grow up a bit more you'll understand that money makes the world go around not stupid trite comments.

Mar 23, 2008
Best of luck Curtis, thought he might get a Championship move ala Barnsley but hope he does well.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
IJN":2qh7wlqu said:
SwimWithTheTide":2qh7wlqu said:
IJN":2qh7wlqu said:
Oxford? Expected better than that I must admit.

Hardly a step up is it?

Underwhelmed on his behalf.

More club blunder than blinder then.

Very sad. A potential club legend lost to sodding Oxford... Ugh. Football sure knows how to sucker punch you.

What ARE you on about?

Nothing to do with the club, the player wanted to leave and he did.

I expected him to do better than Oxford.

My 'blinder' comment (not that I should have to explain) was aimed at PAFC putting the statement out about him being tapped out.

When you grow up a bit more you'll understand that money makes the world go around not stupid trite comments.

Right, but that blinder by the club achieved what exactly?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Barnsley were in for him, expecting to pick him up for a song.

They then dropped him like a penny (it seems) when Argyle put out the 'he's still our player' statement.

BFC thought 'sod this, this'll mean compo' and then suddenly 'lost interest'.

Now OUFC have got him, all above board, and it will be a compensation deal on the cards, with both clubs knowing that.

Makes complete sense to me and it's been done the right way.

If it had gone the Barnsley way, you and people like you would have shouted from the rooftops 'Plymouth Prices' etc etc etc.

Come on Sam, admit it.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Still smacks of Plymouth prices to me mate. A total uncertainty in terms of compo received. It's out of our hands and we have no say about the fee received for our captained. Disappointed to say the least.

Gutted. I could accept it when I thought he was bettering himself as a player, but Oxford is a poo move.