Thanks And Good Luck Curtis - joins Oxford | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Thanks And Good Luck Curtis - joins Oxford

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There's a pattern of each of the four players who have found a club have signed for a team we played against last season.

A

ArgyleGarg0yle

crownhillpilgrim":wkee5a5y said:
Mork":wkee5a5y said:
Oh Dear! Oxford have the doe. I think it's that simple.

A deer? A female deer? Ray, a drop of golden sun

Declaring a love for musical theatre on a football forum is brave work. This is not a safe place.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I am also one who feels disappointed that CN is only off to Oxford Utd after mention of Villa and Bournemouth. Having been to Oxford on numerous occasions, I know it is a very nice city, but hardly a temple of soccer!

I have this nasty feeling in my water that we will all be peed-off when we hear the compensation to be received. I just hope the Club will not be secretive in this matter.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I don't see how we can be to be honest.

The player didn't want to sign another deal, so anything we get will be more than we would have had without the comp arrangement.

Plus, with his number of games and experience he should be THE biggest deal to go through I would have thought. Plus of course, I believe we can have add ons, and if like most of expect, he'll go far further in the game, they can really jump the price up in the long run.

We've lost him, Oxford want to spend more than us (big debt) we all have to move on I think.

Loved him as a player, and glad I saw him play well in green for such a long time.

Feb 2, 2007
Apologies for incorrectly calling the Bournemouth rumour- don't ever trust an estate agent!

Delighted he is off to Oxford- they are on an upward trajectory, play great footy and think it's an excellent move for Curtis.

Well done Curtis and thanks once again for the service :scarf:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Looks like it's going to a tribunal then. This from Martyn Starnes:

"They (Oxford) made an offer which we considered to be below our valuation by some margin.

"It appeared as though the best solution was to go to tribunal, but that's not to say that negotiations won't continue at some stage.

"But, at this moment in time, it's going to tribunal."

Herald

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
"It's a step up in league from last season and Oxford is a huge club," he told BBC Radio Oxford. Yeah ok, if you say so Curtis. Pffttttt. :roll:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
At least he emphasised that it's a step up only in league.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Taxman Dave":o597xj6v said:
strange decision Curtis

Could be many explanations. Perhaps he had decided on Barnsley, but as their CEO moved on and their plans changed it left Nelson in limbo. Perhaps there weren't actually any other offers and in step Oxford. I have no idea, but it doesn't have to be down to money or ambition - though of course it may well be.

Aug 10, 2006
Keepitgreen":3om9x9zs said:
Looks like it's going to a tribunal then. This from Martyn Starnes:

"They (Oxford) made an offer which we considered to be below our valuation by some margin.

"It appeared as though the best solution was to go to tribunal, but that's not to say that negotiations won't continue at some stage.

"But, at this moment in time, it's going to tribunal."

Herald
it was alway's going to a tribunal oxford want to pay as little as possible we want as much as we can get so oxford will say come on mr. tribunal we are only a small league 1 side and we will end up with about 100 grand I reckon.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I'd rather have £0 fee and a 50% sell on clause over £100k if I were Argyle.

I think Curtis could go for big money in the future.