The crisis at Bury | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The crisis at Bury

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Deal has fallen though with less than 2 hours to 5pm deadline today...

Very hard to imagine they will be saved this late on...

Very sad day for all the supporters and people connected to the club.

COYG

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I assume the EFL are going to save any announcement until the morning so as not to interfere with tonight's games and draw.

Doesn't look good at all for either club, but the EFL have laid their cards on the table, if they don't follow through with their promise of sell or be out then they'll lose all strength they have.

I'm really hoping for something to have materialised that we know little or nothing about, but as no-one is shouting out any good news I fear it's only going to be bad.

Going to be a long, anxious night for many supporters tonight, really feeling for the fans, no club deserves this.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Just a really messy situation now. Bolton have at least played some games.

Doncaster were due to be at Gigg Lane on Saturday and already had their game at Bolton called off at very short notice.

The impact is only going to get wider the longer the saga continues and that will have to play into the League's thinking.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
There was never going to be a sale of the club last week. The police have been investigating a fraud involving Bury since June. No wonder C&N Sporting Risk said they couldn't proceed.

The allegation of fraud was made to GMP exactly one month before current owner Steve Dale reached a Company Voluntary Arrangement to repay the club's creditors 25% of the £9m they owed.

BBC

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
' ....... a signed statement from owner Steve Dale saying he is committed to selling the club.'

How much is a piece of paper worth?? :whistle:

Good luck to them. If I had got the £167m on euromillions last night (instead of the £4.60 that I did get!), I would buy it and gift it to the fans. :scarf:

Let's hope something comes through. Too many clubs lost over the years!! :sad:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Emeraldinho":5ars3e4b said:
According to the Beeb, most L2 clubs are strongly opposed to them rejoining. Wonder if Argo are in that group?

I feel very sorry for the Bury fans.

I also felt sorry for the Wrexham fans, and my friend and all the other Hereford fans, and the Windsor & Eton fans.

They all had to start again several levels down.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Pogleswoody":2dg8iqdm said:
Emeraldinho":2dg8iqdm said:
According to the Beeb, most L2 clubs are strongly opposed to them rejoining. Wonder if Argo are in that group?

Does it say why?? :crazy:

Probably because:

1. One club in L2 would be relegated in consequence.
2. Other clubs who failed had to start several leagues down so Bury would be given special treatment.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Confirmed at the League clubs' meeting today that Bury will no be re admitted into the League as they didn't have enough support. Sad, but the right decision I believe.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
I agree. The correct and only fair decision. Chester, Wimbledon, Bournemouth, Maidstone have all been there and resurrected themselves - Bury will just have to do the same.