The difficulties of being an expat Argyle supporter | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The difficulties of being an expat Argyle supporter

L

lambanog

Steve Evans":d9z9083u said:
a question for lambanog.great to see you back on pasoti mate.does that mega wealthy chinese businessman still come into your cafe to "talk Devon,Plymouth and Argyle"?if he does keep chatting him up. :D

To be honest, I haven't seen him for quite a while, rumour has it that he has opened another factory in Vietnam. Chances are he will be back in town for the Chinese New Year but I will be in Bangkok :lol: :lol:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Green90":3qtxrjj7 said:
lambanog":3qtxrjj7 said:
Expats living abroad, usually do so because they are retired or experienced enough to attract larger salaries than uk based fans. Being based abroad also expands our culture and with this comes different angles of awareness of life.

*vomit*

What does being abroad do for your self-awareness, out of interest?

I went backpacking for a gap year. Spent the next year slowly dawning on me that nobody gives a poo.

A mate of mine went backpacking for a year to 'find himself'.

Turns out he was down the back of his mum's sofa the whole time :greensmile:

L

lambanog

IJN":1z7yhwm7 said:
lambanog":1z7yhwm7 said:
Being based abroad also expands our culture and with this comes different angles of awareness of life.

I am very fortunate as I have language abilities, I was able to pick up Cantonese during my period in Hong Kong, Thai during my seven years working in Thailand and now Putonhua/ Mandarin here in China.
Believe me being able to understand and communicate with people in their own language does indeed expand ones cultural understanding and makes one more aware.

That made me smile. As author of THE most homophobic post on this site, you have some gonads to make that declaration.

Homophobic.
ˌhɒməˈfəʊbɪk,ˌhəʊməˈfəʊbɪk/Submit
adjective
having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.

i think one of us must have missed something

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
TinTin":2f2hadb0 said:
I was going to add my comments on lambanog's OP but, as usual, the tone of the thread has degenerated into "who is a better supporter" TYPE of ritual.

A shame as some of the earlier comments, I found, very interesting.

But, as we know, WHEREVER we live, life goes on.

Even though, assumptions were being made in my case.

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Yeah, I thought the same TinTin. I'm a rubbish supporter and I'll have to live with that. Shame, cos you won't find anyone more passionate about Argyle, Plymouth, Devon & Cornwall than me.

Still, can't help wallowing in all that lavishness can we?

I will be at the Wigan game on Saturday though... second match this season... superfan, that's me!! :problem:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
lambanog":2iv5h4c6 said:
IJN":2iv5h4c6 said:
Being based abroad also expands our culture and with this comes different angles of awareness of life.

I am very fortunate as I have language abilities, I was able to pick up Cantonese during my period in Hong Kong, Thai during my seven years working in Thailand and now Putonhua/ Mandarin here in China.
Believe me being able to understand and communicate with people in their own language does indeed expand ones cultural understanding and makes one more aware.

That made me smile. As author of THE most homophobic post on this site, you have some gonads to make that declaration.

Homophobic.
adjective

I think so!!

Giving out rainbow boot laces, what the hell why not make them very feminine pink !! What about the atmosphere in the team bath knowing, there was a back stabber or pillow hugger sharing it !

Expanding your culture worked then!

Jan 30, 2017
IJN":l3qupoyg said:
lambanog":l3qupoyg said:
IJN":l3qupoyg said:

Homophobic.
adjective

I think so!!

Giving out rainbow boot laces, what the hell why not make them very feminine pink !! What about the atmosphere in the team bath knowing, there was a back stabber or pillow hugger sharing it !

Expanding your culture worked then!

To be fair to the oh so cultured one, perhaps his prevailing horizons are Russian?