The FA has expunged all grass roots results for 2019/20. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The FA has expunged all grass roots results for 2019/20.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
It could mean that Ryan Lowe will have managed two clubs in successive seasons that finished in the L2 automatic promotion spots but neither played the following season in L1 :sad: ....... even seeing Liverpool denied (which admittedly would be hysterical) wouldn't really compensate for that.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I really cannot understand the gloating over the possibility of Liverpool being denied the title.

Do people really want to only see City, United, Chelsea, and Arsenal win it?

Aug 5, 2016
I dont see why in the digital age the players aren't playing in empty stadiums. Fans can watch online for Ā£10 a go.

Get the season finished.

May 8, 2011
Knibbsworth":1gw7gx1d said:
I dont see why in the digital age the players aren't playing in empty stadiums. Fans can watch online for Ā£10 a go.

Get the season finished.

So how do the players, staff involved maintain social distancing?

Corners would be interesting if players canā€™t come within 2 metres of each other.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
HC Green":2k6z9k8b said:
Knibbsworth":2k6z9k8b said:

Get the season finished.

Corners would be interesting if players canā€™t come within 2 metres of each other.

That's quite normal when Argyle are defending corners, isn't it?

There does seem to me one logical outcome which nobody seems to be considering. SAGE, the scientific advisory group which the government is listening to, have advised that it is probable that the ban on crowds and large gatherings is likely to need to last for 12 months. This will be to avoid the very real danger of a strong second phase.

If that is the case, the season would quite conveniently be able to re-start next year in the first quarter at around the same stage that it ceased this year, allowing the remaining games to be played to finish this season.

Aug 5, 2016
HC Green":2fnmvus1 said:
Knibbsworth":2fnmvus1 said:

Get the season finished.

Troy Deeney says the Watford players are still training throughout this, so I assume Argyle players still are?

If there are no cases of coronavirus at Crewe Alexandra, and I played for Argyle, I'd be happy to play against them.

As Deeney went on to say, they are professional athletes with strong hearts, lungs, immune systems. The chances of a pro footballer dying of coronavirus must be very slim.

I would bet if players across the leagues were given a confidential private ballot vote to either play on or not, they would vote yes.

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":37l93mt0 said:
HC Green":37l93mt0 said:
Knibbsworth":37l93mt0 said:

Get the season finished.

Troy Deeney says the Watford players are still training throughout this, so I assume Argyle players still are?

If there are no cases of coronavirus at Crewe Alexandra, and I played for Argyle, I'd be happy to play against them.

As Deeney went on to say, they are professional athletes with strong hearts, lungs, immune systems. The chances of a pro footballer dying of coronavirus must be very slim.

I would bet if players across the leagues were given a confidential private ballot vote to either play on or not, they would vote yes.
Totally ignorant comment from Deeney. We're beginning to see fit young people without underlying health conditions dying and I'm sure there are plenty more to come. One footballer's death would be one too many.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I am sure that there are numerous professional footballers who suffer from various respiratory problems that are controlled by medication in normal seasons but this is not normal.
There are also, no doubt, many who have to control their diabetes. We know of at least one in our own squad.

May 8, 2011
Knibbsworth":2nvwdb10 said:
HC Green":2nvwdb10 said:
Knibbsworth":2nvwdb10 said:

Get the season finished.

The issue is more about should these healthy players catch the virus who could they pass it on to.

Aug 5, 2016
When they are otherwise isolating?

Construction sites are still open, farms and produce are still working, big factories producing food, colleagues mingling together, the tube packed like sardines in rush hour...the government turns a blind eye where it sees fit to stop the economy crashing. But a handful of blokes in their 20s running around together is going to get everyone killed?

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
Knibbsworth":1veh9hxb said:
HC Green":1veh9hxb said:
Knibbsworth":1veh9hxb said:

Get the season finished.

Troy Deeney is a pen1s. They should not be training at all (unless at home). If Argyle are (theyā€™re not) then I would be furious. Football is completely insignificant to what is happening here. Itā€™s not about them, itā€™s about the people that arenā€™t as strong. YOU need to get that through your thick head too.

Aug 5, 2016
Daz":fj3c1xdf said:
Knibbsworth":fj3c1xdf said:
HC Green":fj3c1xdf said:
Knibbsworth":fj3c1xdf said:

Get the season finished.

Troy Deeney is a pen1s. They should not be training at all (unless at home). If Argyle are (theyā€™re not) then I would be furious. Football is completely insignificant to what is happening here. Itā€™s not about them, itā€™s about the people that arenā€™t as strong. YOU need to get that through your thick head too.

What a delightful chap you are! Calling people with different views to yourself a 'penis' and 'thick' for suggesting that a football match could be played by individuals in household isolation and not pose a particular health risk to the wider community.

As I said before, there are workplaces going on in this country with far more risk of contamination and the government is fine with it. The people on the tills in supermarkets are far more at risk than Callum McFadzean would be running up and down past the same two blokes for 90 mins. Construction sites still haven't been closed down in England. You think everyone is at home right now? You don't have a clue.