The FA has expunged all grass roots results for 2019/20. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The FA has expunged all grass roots results for 2019/20.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
The places that are working are supposed to be key workers. Many of them are not and should not be working. The government need to get a grip of that very quickly. Hopefully now Boris is infected he will understand how dangerous this is and how many people are about to die.

Football is not important, Troy Deeney is an idiot if he said that as Itā€™s not about him being a healthy footballer. Itā€™s about who it can be passed on to 2 weeks later. The government are building 3 temporary hospitals to house the wave of people they are expecting to become seriously ill in the next 2 weeks.

Iā€™ve had the same conversation with my father in law who wanted me to drop a tin of radiator paint to him today. Heā€™s had a heart attack and has emphysema. If the wind was in the wrong direction I could kill him.

Edit to add apologies for calling you thick.

Jun 27, 2019
Couldn't you just leave it on his doorstep, ring the bell and immediately leave? Wearing gloves too would surely eliminate all risk.

Jun 27, 2019
Back on topic, I know someone who is reasonably well connected in the football world, and apparently one idea being considered is to wrap the season up in a tournament format as follows...

-All matches would be played at neutral venues outside London
-Squads would be based at isolated training camps and regularly tested to ensure no-one had the virus
-Apparently players he has spoken to have said they could manage three games in a week for a short period of time
-There would be a live game on TV every single day, which would keep the broadcasters happy
-Remaining 2019-20 games would be all wrapped up in less time than was scheduled for Euro 2020.

Admittedly this is just for the Premier League, but I don't see why a similar format wouldn't work for the Football League.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
WoodsyGreen":ykqzpqft said:
Couldn't you just leave it on his doorstep, ring the bell and immediately leave? Wearing gloves too would surely eliminate all risk.

People are only supposed to be out if going to the shops for food, work (essential) or exercise & medical supplies. The sooner everyone does this the sooner we can get over it.

Aug 5, 2016
Daz":1ath5spw said:
The places that are working are supposed to be key workers. Many of them are not and should not be working. The government need to get a grip of that very quickly. Hopefully now Boris is infected he will understand how dangerous this is and how many people are about to die.

Football is not important, Troy Deeney is an idiot if he said that as Itā€™s not about him being a healthy footballer. Itā€™s about who it can be passed on to 2 weeks later. The government are building 3 temporary hospitals to house the wave of people they are expecting to become seriously ill in the next 2 weeks.

Iā€™ve had the same conversation with my father in law who wanted me to drop a tin of radiator paint to him today. Heā€™s had a heart attack and has emphysema. If the wind was in the wrong direction I could kill him.

Edit to add apologies for calling you thick.

No apologies necessary. It is literally a life or death situation. People get all het up on here over far less!!

D

Darren Stoneman

Straight forward solution,

Take average points per game and multiply by remaining games and finish the leagues

Have potential to have playoffs behind closed doors,

Job done

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Darren Stoneman":9ien9ov8 said:

Take average points per game and multiply by remaining games and finish the leagues

Job done

I quite like that idea.

Jun 27, 2019
Argylegames":1h2u1cq9 said:
Darren Stoneman":1h2u1cq9 said:

Job done

I quite like that idea.

Doesn't really address the issue of lost revenue or broadcasting contracts, though.

A

argyle8

Back in 1939/40 the 3 League games played before WW2 were expunged from the records, although included in the 5256 games recorded by GOS.
The fact that we've played 37 League games out of 46 this season, as well as our table position, would make expunging them hard but it may come to that, sadly.