The fickle nature of Pasoti | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The fickle nature of Pasoti

Oct 16, 2016
No bigger, better, worse or fickle than any other club in the world. All fans are partisan, made of ‘nays and ayes’

That’s what makes a supporter just that

Jul 4, 2008
newton abbot
Why would any director tell their manager to loose a few? Somebody told me that promotion to the championship is worth around 6 million. That would be quite handy! As a manager, surely it goes against the grain not to want to win every match.

May 8, 2011
oldage":m7635wd2 said:
Nobody is suggesting that the directors told DA to lose a few games.
However they would probably give a huge sight of relief if we failed to achieve promotion this season because the timing isn't right for them.
Moreover the players know that very few of them would be playing in the Championship. The chance of promotion was highly unlikely in January which could be the reason it was decided not to strengthen the squad.Hope the team prove me wrong but IMO there is no great appetite for promotion this season.

It would seem that most of the players signed last summer are on two year deals from what Adams and some of the players have made public.

So are you saying of the players out of contract who played yesterday they want to stay at Argyle and play in league 1 next year?

I thought the view was that Bradley, Threlkeld, Fox, Sarcevic and I will add Taylor will be off to a Championship side as Argyle won’t pay them enough?

May 8, 2011
oldage":1wzlmis5 said:
Nobody is suggesting that the directors told DA to lose a few games.
However they would probably give a huge sight of relief if we failed to achieve promotion this season because the timing isn't right for them.
Moreover the players know that very few of them would be playing in the Championship. The chance of promotion was highly unlikely in January which could be the reason it was decided not to strengthen the squad.Hope the team prove me wrong but IMO there is no great appetite for promotion this season.

Have you spoken to Derek Adams about the Club and therefore him having a lack of appetite for promotion, I suggest you do.

He is at Senior Greens on Thursday, an ideal opportunity.

Jul 12, 2016
Cheshiregreen, exactly this.We should be going all out for promotion well we can.
I cannot understand why the players fail to turn up when the stakes are so high.
It was a similar scenario last season when we could have been champions but bottled it when it mattered.Northampton have a dreadful home record yet we allowed them to raise their game.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
You’re being ridiculous, Oldage. You’re effectively saying we’ve bottled it both last season and this season?

Step back and see what we’ve achieved. We were promoted finishing second/joint top, and now in our first season back in League 1 we’ve done wonderfully well to be in with an excellent chance of the play-offs.

Consistent success is hard to get in football, so enjoy it. You’ll drive yourself mad if you’re continually convincing yourself we should have done better.

Jul 12, 2016
My point is that although we have done well, we could have done better.Would anybody like to speculate how our form has tailed off at the end of two seasons in succession?
Obviously Taylors absence has had an affect this season but the majority of our players seem unable to cope with the pressure.

May 8, 2011
oldage":35xjtubk said:
My point is that although we have done well, we could have done better.Would anybody like to speculate how our form has tailed off at the end of two seasons in succession?
Obviously Taylors absence has had an affect this season but the majority of our players seem unable to cope with the pressure.

Has our form tailed off for two seasons running, I wasn’t aware that it did last year, and has it this year?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
oldage":1xs8dz6d said:
the majority of our players seem unable to cope with the pressure.

An absolutely outrageous statement.

Last year, the pressure to get promoted after the play-off failure was immense. This year, being bottom in December the pressure to avoid relegation back to League 2 was even more intense.

Just because we may not have put the cherry on top (being champions last year) doesn’t mean they can’t handle pressure. And we could still make the play-offs.

Honestly, I wonder what some people get out of supporting this club sometimes.

Jul 12, 2016
Simple question, Why did they fail to turn up on Saturday? What happened at Wembley in the playoffs? I support the club through the good times and bad and will continue to do that when these players are long gone.I say it like I see it.
I am not going to agree with other posters who just cannot see any wrong.The team trained together last week with a view to beating Northampton.Despite DA's meticulous planning by all accounts we blew it.I hope we can win at Rochdale but am not confident.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
oldage":1iw3g5b4 said:
Simple question, Why did they fail to turn up on Saturday? What happened at Wembley in the playoffs? I support the club through the good times and bad and will continue to do that when these players are long gone.I say it like I see it.
I am not going to agree with other posters who just cannot see any wrong.The team trained together last week with a view to beating Northampton.Despite DA's meticulous planning by all accounts we blew it.I hope we can win at Rochdale but am not confident.
Wembley was a completely different team to the one we currently have...

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
oldage":7v0xyb6i said:
Simple question, Why did they fail to turn up on Saturday? What happened at Wembley in the playoffs?

How long have you been watching football? Surely you’re familiar with surprising results, poor performances and disappointing games. They don’t need an inquest and blame apportioned to someone, when the big picture is so good.

Of course there’s ‘something’ wrong. There’s something wrong at every football club. There was something wrong at Man City for them to crash out of the Champions League and lose to United from a 2-0 lead. There’s something wrong at Real Madrid for them to be a gazillion points behind Barcelona in the league. And there’s something wrong at Barca to throw away a three goal lead at Roma.

It’s FOOTBALL.

You and many others can’t seem to see the wood for the trees. Most football clubs would give anything to experience the consistent success and stability we’re getting under JB and DA, yet one game is all it takes for the volleys of criticism to start. It’s laughable.