The new grandstand | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The new grandstand

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Army green":33m33w4m said:
I suppose it all depends what money is on offer. If Tribute were to offer argyle 500k a year for it to be called the Tribute grandstand for example, then I’m sure they would consider it. Money talks. Derek Adams is become more vocal on the fact that he needs more money going towards the playing staff.

I note DA has focused on the average attendance figure having increased by at least 1,000 spectators over the last 12 months and he is probably asking himself where these gate monies have ended up, given that the Grandstand refurbishment has been financed courtesy of Simon Hallett. He might be a little sore that he lost out to Luton in offering Sonny Bradley an attractive new wage in a new playing contract. What however DA cannot guarantee to the Board is a winning team, attracting larger crowds over an extended period, as the fickle element can stay at home easier than attend when relegation is a threat. It is at this point that paying larger wages on declining gates becomes unsustainable, for if funds are invested in a top modern grandstand, those funds cannot be spent twice. DA in his most recent remarks sounds like a Cabinet Minister trying to do his best to impress need upon the Chancellor for more money in what is called 'the spending round'. I am sure a compromise will be achieved that will keep DA happy. At least he has more power to his elbow than at Ross County.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Rowan":1ttco5xj said:
After posting a few thoughts on Pasoti and another discussion site, I get the impression naming the new stand after JB may be a tad over the top.
But a suggestion that emerged from the discussion is the
Mayflower Anniversary Stand
This ties in nicely with the Pilgrims side of Argyle and should be completed in time for 400th year Mayflower celebrations.

How does this sit with other supporters.
Can we not just leave well alone. It’s not a new stand, it’s a refurb. So there’s nothing new to rename.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
If Argyle can get a sponsor for the stand or the ground then that will benefit the club financially.

All the fans will call the grandstand the Mayflower and the ground Home Park no matter what the official name is.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Argylegames":1r4qip9j said:
All the fans will call the grandstand the Mayflower and the ground Home Park no matter what the official name is.

Said it before, but I HATE this argument :lol: