The pitch? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The pitch?

May 22, 2006
Devongreenowl":1phmydyw said:
Interesting discussion on J.Vine show on radio 2 today, about the petition in Brighton calling for them to switch off the floodlights at night. Apparently, they leave them on overnight every night to help the grass recover during low levels of sunlight during winter. 10,000 signatures so far calling them for them to switch them off due to local light pollution. Apparently it’s common practice. Do Argyle leave theirs on?

I was talking to a L2 groundsman in December who was bemoaning the fact that his pitch had had nine games played on it in four weeks and looking tired. He had a lighting system that could be left on over night to help the grass grow but was no longer allowed to use it due to the cost. He said that FGR were also in the same position of not using their lighting system due to the costs which was somewhat ironic as there main sponsor is an electricity company.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
GreensOnScreen":1ljo3ic8 said:
I found another postponed game yesterday (amazingly the game was played two days later).

Things aren't what they used to be!

WEH1971-01-30.jpg

Reporter Graham Hambly. That's a blast from the past.

I love it that the picture indicates that the ref is having to patiently explain to Ellis Stuttard that 3 solid inches of liquid mud is not a suitable playing surface. Caption competition anyone?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
"Tranmere have offered to buy it, as it's better than what they have"

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Thanks Mark.

My offering..

"Just over there is the last reported sighting of Mike Bickle"

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Well, the ice rink wall will finish about here and the hotel will be built just behind me, the old stand will have to go but, hey ho, it's too cramped anyway. Agreed?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
oldage":1gus7hqv said:
"Any chance you can turn off the sprinklers now?"

Well it was straight after the last match. He was driving a gert big mower. He let out a shout and then he was gone. He was last seen just here but the engine was running so he could be anywhere to be honest.