The Plaque - where to put it? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Plaque - where to put it?

Where should it go?

• Gate 26 - To be seen by all players and directors of all teams.

Votes: 58 64.4%
  • Opposite the 'Fans bricks'.

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • One the art deco frontage (i.e main gate)

Votes: 21 23.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
My worry about attaching it to the old grandstand is that sooner or later that thing is going to be condemned. Presumably a plaque is fairly easy to relocate at a later date though.

A

Anonymous

monkeywrench":2shxdnd7 said:
IJN":2shxdnd7 said:
I also had considered that as well, but anal tearing is a serious issue.

I truly hope you're not speaking from personal experience Ian?!?!

No mate, I just remember the problems that Ponty had a while back, the poor devil was in agony.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
IJN":3qjlvrkp said:
monkeywrench":3qjlvrkp said:
IJN":3qjlvrkp said:
I also had considered that as well, but anal tearing is a serious issue.

I truly hope you're not speaking from personal experience Ian?!?!

No mate, I just remember the problems that Ponty had a while back, the poor devil was in agony.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Superb
:lol: :lol: :lol:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
IJN...your first statement is incorrect Gate 26 is not seen by players and directors of all teams.Away teams use the main entrance,as indeed may their directors if travelling on the away team's coach.This may mislead people into voting for it.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
oddball":2rv60s6g said:
IJN...your first statement is incorrect Gate 26 is not seen by players and directors of all teams.Away teams use the main entrance,as indeed may their directors if travelling on the away team's coach.This may mislead people into voting for it.

Not always oddball. Only some coaches use that, very rare, most park outside the offices to let players off then sometimes go inside. However I had a thought IJN, when the players get off the coach they dont go through gate 26, the stewards open the large gate nearby and they walk through there.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Cobi...The point I am making is that away teams do not use gate 26 so they would never see the plaque.That makes statement number one incorrect.As the plaque is likely to remain in the chosen place for a number of years I think that this needs to be pointed out.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
oddball":1mldw4tf said:
Cobi...The point I am making is that away teams do not use gate 26 so they would never see the plaque.That makes statement number one incorrect.As the plaque is likely to remain in the chosen place for a number of years I think that this needs to be pointed out.

Yep, the players get off the coach in the car park by the offices and proceede straight through the large [usually closed gate] otherwise they would get grumpy trying to get through that little door. :roll:
I wish I could change my vote to players tunnel now :)

P

Paul_Roberts

Why all the talk about away players? Who gives a stuff about them?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
pilgrim_pete":2dzyogfw said:
What about above the Players Lounge/Directors entrance?

All players and staff go through there.

I suggested that to IJN. Did not seem to enthusiastic about it.

The idea of te plaque is that it is displayed in a prominent position, don't forget it wasn't presented to the players it was presented to ALL staff in recognition of what they have down for us since admin. For sentimental reasons 26 gets my vote. Old entrance would be my second.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Leigh...a plaque is meant to be read by as many people as possible to let the reader know of the fans gratitude to the players and staff.By hiding it by gate 26 it will not be read by many..As for the most prominent position that has to be above the main entrance.

A

Anonymous

Democracy Alan, it's what the people think, you are a single entity. :)

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I would suggest it be mounted by the ticket sales area or in the club shop. It can be moved to the same place in the new grandstand. (In 2090)

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
oddball":1m9w6vyy said:
Leigh...a plaque is meant to be read by as many people as possible to let the reader know of the fans gratitude to the players and staff.By hiding it by gate 26 it will not be read by many..As for the most prominent position that has to be above the main entrance.

Sorry OB but I think the plaque is meant as a thankyou to the staff and players for keeping our club afloat first and foremost, the staff on a daily basis use gate 26 as do the players and management, I think its the ideal place for it to be cited.
This gate is also used by dignitries from other clubs, the FA, scouts and all sorts of football related people on match days and during the week, making it a perfect place to shame the silent 7 and praise our saviours.

If and when it comes to moving it then so be it but i think initially, with it all being so raw and new people coming in its ideal to show our unity and thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.