The Plaque - where to put it? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Plaque - where to put it?

Where should it go?

• Gate 26 - To be seen by all players and directors of all teams.

Votes: 58 64.4%
  • Opposite the 'Fans bricks'.

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • One the art deco frontage (i.e main gate)

Votes: 21 23.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2011
Cobi Budge":3mz2s76i said:
oddball":3mz2s76i said:
Cobi...The point I am making is that away teams do not use gate 26 so they would never see the plaque.That makes statement number one incorrect.As the plaque is likely to remain in the chosen place for a number of years I think that this needs to be pointed out.

Yep, the players get off the coach in the car park by the offices and proceede straight through the large [usually closed gate] otherwise they would get grumpy trying to get through that little door. :roll:
I wish I could change my vote to players tunnel now :)

dont blame me cobi i usually open the big gates 4 them lol

Mar 9, 2011
Bubba":kzw2bz97 said:
oddball":kzw2bz97 said:
Leigh...a plaque is meant to be read by as many people as possible to let the reader know of the fans gratitude to the players and staff.By hiding it by gate 26 it will not be read by many..As for the most prominent position that has to be above the main entrance.

Sorry OB but I think the plaque is meant as a thankyou to the staff and players for keeping our club afloat first and foremost, the staff on a daily basis use gate 26 as do the players and management, I think its the ideal place for it to be cited.
This gate is also used by dignitries from other clubs, the FA, scouts and all sorts of football related people on match days and during the week, making it a perfect place to shame the silent 7 and praise our saviours.

If and when it comes to moving it then so be it but i think initially, with it all being so raw and new people coming in its ideal to show our unity and thanks.

:iagree: When Leigh and yourself first suggested this area, I liked the idea of gate 26 straight away. Think it's the most 'fitting' place to have it, personally.

Mar 9, 2011
matteh.":1pq8w0e3 said:
How about in the tunnel near the sign?

Maybe at one stage we could think of getting a replica made and do your tunnel idea ??? But for now, I think it needs to be placed on the outside of the stadium, for ALL to see and also, so that the fans can take a walk up to it and see it for themselves.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A photo of it would be good in every match day programme for next season, page 12 would be appropriate.

T

tynanhitsthebarndoor

PL2 3DQ":3nfqzgif said:
A photo of it would be good in every match day programme for next season, page 12 would be appropriate.
:iagree:

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Sue Pollard":174qkwmo said:
PL2 3DQ":174qkwmo said:

:iagree: I like that idea a lot!
:iagree: Me to :mrgreen: :stout:

Jun 1, 2004
Perth, WA
I want it where it has maximum effect...

Keep it away from the fans bricks, last time i saw, they had been badly neglected.

Status
Not open for further replies.