The Play Off race (and bets placed) | Page 47 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Play Off race (and bets placed)

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
davie nine":eye4oi1j said:
After the position we were in on 8th December, I am not bothered who we would play if we reached the playoffs. We are capable of beating any of them.

The only concern I would have would be that, if we reached Wembley, win or lose, our recruitment period for next season would be restricted.

Still a nice problem to have though.

After our last trip to Wembley we signed Sonny Bradley, Oscar Threlkeld, David Fox and Yann Songo'o all of whom not only sufficient for us to chase automatic promotion last year but also to compete and thrive at League 1 level.

A shorter window should pose no problem for a manager like Adams who plans everything in great detail. I'm sure he'll already know who he's keeping and what areas he wants to improve for whichever league we're in :thumbup:

Aug 17, 2005
I consider the signing of Paton is the start of building for next season and not been bought in as an emergency signing. Watched him on the warm up and seemed very relaxed and happy with fellow teammates

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Fergy":34hrqnu4 said:
If I remember correctly Wycombe missed out on the automatic places on the last day (to Bury who went up?) and they outplayed us over both play-off games. The play-offs really are a lottery. I don’t even know if going into the game as underdogs against Wigan or Blackburn would be a good thing.

The FA Cup is down to four teams now. Is that going to be a lottery too?

In a four team competition with a great prize awaiting the winner, if you sit back, cross your fingers and just hope that your lucky ticket comes good for you, then you don’t deserve to win.

Jul 12, 2016
IF we make the playoffs then we deserve to be there and we should not fear any of the other teams.However given a choice I would prefer to see Wigan promoted as I would see them as a biggest threat to us. My main concern is the continuing absence of Sonny and how many goals we are likely to leak as a result

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Lundan Cabbie":3rx27a23 said:
Fergy":3rx27a23 said:
If I remember correctly Wycombe missed out on the automatic places on the last day (to Bury who went up?) and they outplayed us over both play-off games. The play-offs really are a lottery. I don’t even know if going into the game as underdogs against Wigan or Blackburn would be a good thing.

In a four team competition with a great prize awaiting the winner, if you sit back, cross your fingers and just hope that your lucky ticket comes good for you, then you don’t deserve to win.

That isn’t what I said though, is it. I meant that any form and momentum goes out of the window. I remember how crap your team were in the week preceding your play off win against Brighton; and then you eventually went up.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Fergy":2d9siwys said:
Lundan Cabbie":2d9siwys said:
Fergy":2d9siwys said:

That isn’t what I said though, is it. I meant that any form and momentum goes out of the window. I remember how crap your team were in the week preceding your play off win against Brighton; and then you eventually went up.

That’s finding peak form at the right time rather than it being a lottery. You’re right, our form had dipped in the last month of the normal season and only a last day win against Posh secured a PO spot but that was the turn for us and to then lose 30 goal Glenn Murray in the first leg meant the team had to find an extra focus for the other two games and did so to come through.

With the backbone and attitude of this team I would be happy to meet either Blackburn, Wigan or Shrewsbury at Wembley, unlike the last occasion. I also know that given our crazy route to Wembley, if we make it, I wouldn’t feel suicidal for two weeks this time if we lost. In a sense our season has already been a success.

Jan 6, 2004
I would fancy us against anybody but Wigan, if they don't make top 2 I am pretty sure they will go up through Play-offs. We were at our best against them at HP and still lost 3-1. They are a class apart in this division and are in a slightly false position, probably because of FA cup distractions.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
mervyn":2flwytf9 said:
With the backbone and attitude of this team I would be happy to meet either Blackburn, Wigan or Shrewsbury at Wembley, unlike the last occasion. I also know that given our crazy route to Wembley, if we make it, I wouldn’t feel suicidal for two weeks this time if we lost. In a sense our season has already been a success.
One thing’s for sure, if we got there and lost, ‘up the line’ would be back on here 5 minutes after the final whistle.

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
There's an article on the betting / play offs / this thread on the BBC tomorrow.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Pasoti got a plug on spotlight tonight a guy who has a bet £20 at 500-1 for Argyle to finish in the playoffs was interviewed and mentioned this thread, makes my £10 at 250-1 look small fry.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
dunlop":1cjtu4l9 said:
Pasoti got a plug on spotlight tonight a guy who has a bet £20 at 500-1 for Argyle to finish in the playoffs was interviewed and mentioned this thread, makes my £10 at 250-1 look small fry.

'Twas Beyton Green Mike.

:thumbup: