The Potters Fans Forum (Schumacher thread) | Page 113 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Potters Fans Forum (Schumacher thread)

Oct 10, 2012
Such a weird thing to brag about that’s all. A bit like celebrating that your missus is cheating on you because you predicted it. If anything you should be disappointed you are currently correct.
Why? I appreciate the work he done here. Yes, disappointing he left mid season but there’s no guarantee we’d have stayed loyal to him had it gone wrong either. Although judging by our current run perhaps we would have! 🤦‍♂️

Best manager we’ve had in years.

Reactions: Green 1886

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
I'm absolutely dreading 20th April. If our current form continues it could be the day that seals our fate. With the winner probably going off Ennis' prodigious backside.

May 16, 2016
Quelle surprise, Stoke above us? Where are all those laughing and lambasting Schumacher now? It was quite apparent (to me and a very small minority of others) who got the better end of the deal, yet in typical argyle fashion as a fanbase we decided to laugh at the short term demise of stoke.

I (incorrectly as I’ve admitted on this and other threads already) said Stoke would be above us by the end of Feb, and finish well clear of the drop come the end of season. I was hammered on here by the green tints and blinkered visionaries to question anything other than a Stoke relegation and a 16th place finish for argyle. Well, all I can say is that the realists saw this coming, the blind optimists are now skulking away finding excuse after excuse.

Season is not done, but as I said 2 months ago - there is absolutely no way we finish above Stoke this season and absolutely no way Stoke go down.

Anyone want to re-read their posts and apologise or re comment?
This thread was started partly because of the Stoke fans that were enjoying their spell of rubbing our noses in it when Schumacher and his little gang of urchins left for their promise of luchre.

Mine and probably the majorities first response to your self congratulatory post was "who are you?" and "what posts?" such is the lack of importance any of us place on anyone but ourselves when posting drivel on here.

But, well done anyway 👏 whoop whoop !!

There's always next week and the end of season for you to say it all over again or like most who get it wrong.....slink off into the shadows.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: Green 1886
Aug 4, 2011
This thread was started partly because of the Stoke fans that were enjoying their spell of rubbing our noses in it when Schumacher and his little gang of urchins left for their promise of luchre.

Mine and probably the majorities first response to your self congratulatory post was "who are you?" and "what posts?" such is the lack of importance any of us place on anyone but ourselves when posting drivel on here.

But, well done anyway 👏 whoop whoop !!

There's always next week and the end of season for you to say it all over again or like most who get it wrong.....slink off into the shadows.
This thread took a tangent where a large proportion of posters were all acting like Stoke were down, Schuey was out of a job and even talk of us relegating them at their place. Was a massively OTT reaction and a few that could see the bigger picture warned against such gloating and complacency- and guess what, Stoke are now predictably above us and will pull further clear between now and the end of the season. This is not a gloat, but a reminder that being completely green tinted isn’t a good trait as you lose perception of reality.

I won’t be slinking off into the shadows anywhere, I made a few predictions on this thread 1) Stoke would beat QPR (they did) 2) Schuey would NOT be sacked - his only remit was to keep them up and push for play offs next season (He wasn’t) 3) Stoke will finish above us this season (not done and dusted yet but you’d have to be the eternal optimist to see otherwise) and 4) Stoke would be above us at the end of Feb (I was wrong on that and came on here to hold my hand up - no slinking off anywhere)

Oct 14, 2015
For someone w
This thread took a tangent where a large proportion of posters were all acting like Stoke were down, Schuey was out of a job and even talk of us relegating them at their place. Was a massively OTT reaction and a few that could see the bigger picture warned against such gloating and complacency- and guess what, Stoke are now predictably above us and will pull further clear between now and the end of the season. This is not a gloat, but a reminder that being completely green tinted isn’t a good trait as you lose perception of reality.

I won’t be slinking off into the shadows anywhere, I made a few predictions on this thread 1) Stoke would beat QPR (they did) 2) Schuey would NOT be sacked - his only remit was to keep them up and push for play offs next season (He wasn’t) 3) Stoke will finish above us this season (not done and dusted yet but you’d have to be the eternal optimist to see otherwise) and 4) Stoke would be above us at the end of Feb (I was wrong on that and came on here to hold my hand up - no slinking off anywhere)
For someone who isn’t gloating you’re certainly going on and on about your amazing mystic Meg predictions about Stoke and SS.

As I said to you yesterday why not wait until the end of the season and then come on here and tell everyone how Green Tinted we all are and that your the main man when it comes to predictions.

May 16, 2016

"I can't help but notice I'm considerably richer than you"

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
"I can't help but notice I'm considerably richer than you"
At the start of this thread anyone who was saying anything positive about Schumacher, or questioning Foster in any way, was getting a lot of stick. I pointed out very early on when everyone was really positive about Foster still and when Stoke were in a bad run that Schumacher's start at Stoke had actually been very similar to Foster's start with us, I got a lot of stick for that. It's normal when you've received a lot of stick for something to then want to come back and show that actually you didn't deserve that stick. I'm not sure I'd even call it gloating, I'm certainly not posting this comment to gloat, more just proving a point. I would have loved nothing more than to have been wrong about how things were going to go for us after that comment, but it hasn't worked out that way.

May 16, 2016
At the start of this thread anyone who was saying anything positive about Schumacher, or questioning Foster in any way, was getting a lot of stick. I pointed out very early on when everyone was really positive about Foster still and when Stoke were in a bad run that Schumacher's start at Stoke had actually been very similar to Foster's start with us, I got a lot of stick for that. It's normal when you've received a lot of stick for something to then want to come back and show that actually you didn't deserve that stick. I'm not sure I'd even call it gloating, I'm certainly not posting this comment to gloat, more just proving a point. I would have loved nothing more than to have been wrong about how things were going to go for us after that comment, but it hasn't worked out that way.
Blunt truth is, nobody cares what any of us said 113 pages ago in a thread that's probably repeated itself several times through its run. Nobody keeps scores.

If you feel you're being proved right - good on you. Not sure what your definition of 'stick' is, but it's possibly nothing to worry about. Difference of opinion makes for interesting reading.

Shorty

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Sep 12, 2021
Quelle surprise, Stoke above us? Where are all those laughing and lambasting Schumacher now? It was quite apparent (to me and a very small minority of others) who got the better end of the deal, yet in typical argyle fashion as a fanbase we decided to laugh at the short term demise of stoke.

I (incorrectly as I’ve admitted on this and other threads already) said Stoke would be above us by the end of Feb, and finish well clear of the drop come the end of season. I was hammered on here by the green tints and blinkered visionaries to question anything other than a Stoke relegation and a 16th place finish for argyle. Well, all I can say is that the realists saw this coming, the blind optimists are now skulking away finding excuse after excuse.

Season is not done, but as I said 2 months ago - there is absolutely no way we finish above Stoke this season and absolutely no way Stoke go down.

Anyone want to re-read their posts and apologise or re comment?
Jesus Christ, do you want a chufty badge or something???

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London

Have you got the winning lottery numbers for Friday and Saturday night? ;)

Jon with no H

🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
I remember this thread. Happy times.
Have a look on YouTube for a video on the Paddy Power page with the title "FAN DENIAL Arsenal fan Henry mugs off the entire Stoke fanbase". I didn't realise I had this much bitterness in me until I was laughing at it for the third time in a row! :ROFLMAO:

One can always dream...

Reactions: CarolinaGreen

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
Have a look on YouTube for a video on the Paddy Power page with the title "FAN DENIAL Arsenal fan Henry mugs off the entire Stoke fanbase". I didn't realise I had this much bitterness in me until I was laughing at it for the third time in a row! :ROFLMAO:

One can always dream...
Aaaah I'm crying! That's amazing :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Jon with no H
Jul 23, 2021
Interesting that the owner of BET365 (Ms Coates) is in trouble with the (betting) regulators over insufficient safeguards to prevent money laundering. A fine of approx £0.5m has been imposed. Hope Shuey is enjoying his 30 pieces of silver.....