The Potters Fans Forum (Schumacher thread) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Potters Fans Forum (Schumacher thread)

EuroJim

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 26, 2017
Gent, Belgium
www.jimsfrenchflanders.com
To me it just exposes the futility of rich owners trying to buy a quick fix solution for their club. Simon H has carefully developed Argyle into a well oiled machine. Lowe and Schumacher were important cogs in that machine, but as long as the machine as a whole is sound, parts can always be replaced or upgraded. Fozzie is now fine tuning the machine in order to meet the challenges ahead, whilst Schumacher seems to be missing the backup and support he had, and is looking extremely lost.

Doncha just luv a bit of schadenfreude. Clearly many fans believing Cundle’s arrival has worsened the team. Did they pay a fee? For a manager to publicly berate his team so early into his tenure spells big problems imo. He must surely realise the problem arises from their past recruitment management, which he must now suffer from and compare with the quality he had at HP. One of their fans asks ‘how come each of our managers arrive with a good recent track record, and then it all goes wrong here?’. I suspect SS now knows the answer, and I don’t have an ounce of sympathy for him.

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
I am not sure I agree, over the past few weeks I have read quite a lot of them say he is getting a tune out of players his predecessor could not. However, I have seen a lot of negative points about their recruitment, they don’t think the squad is simply good enough. None seem to think Cundle fits in with them, and a few said he unbalances the midfield.
I had a look a week or two back and the general consensus so far was one of optimism, I saw references to him “getting it” numerous times so yes this mirrors what I saw

Reactions: Robert Prew

EuroJim

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 26, 2017
Gent, Belgium
It wasn't financially stupid to be fair.
In the short term, you are right, but imagine it all goes wrong now? He could well have been better to stay at Argyle, gain further experience, and then move upwards, possibly to his dream job at Everton. If he fails big time at Stoke, his next job would most certainly be at a lower level, with less remuneration.

Mar 23, 2019
In the short term, you are right, but imagine it all goes wrong now? He could well have been better to stay at Argyle, gain further experience, and then move upwards, possibly to his dream job at Everton. If he fails big time at Stoke, his next job would most certainly be at a lower level, with less remuneration.
He was never going to go from Argyle to Everton. He's set himself and his family up for life by moving to Stoke and thats more important than anything in my opinion.

As a career decision, staying with us, having no real pressure and learning his trade was a better option.

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
The thing that surprised me with Schumacher going was that we were looking on course to stay up, it's not like we were rooted to the bottom. That survival would be great on his CV. It's a big risk to change job mid season when the Stoke squad isn't set up to play his style and he's gone there expecting to win straight away, bit deluded. I always thought he was a good planner and that going somewhere in the summer would be his plan, where he could have a pre season and form his own squad from day 1.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Holloway MK2.

I wouldn’t change any off what’s happened over the past month or 2.

Maybe Azaz staying but I think we’ve moved into another level now.

Hopefully Stoke fill one of those bottom 3 places. The arrogance and expectation to do great things is comical.

SS isn’t a big enough character to deal with egos and arrogance from players.

Get it up ya SS 🖕

EuroJim

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 26, 2017
Gent, Belgium
He was never going to go from Argyle to Everton. He's set himself and his family up for life by moving to Stoke and thats more important than anything in my opinion.

As a career decision, staying with us, having no real pressure and learning his trade was a better option.
I wouldn't imagine the Stoke move has set him up for life? He will have made a good bit of money but he is still young. If it all goes wrong there, he won't have the same earning potential in the immediate future.

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
Holloway MK2.

I wouldn’t change any off what’s happened over the past month or 2.

Maybe Azaz staying but I think we’ve moved into another level now.

Hopefully Stoke fill one of those bottom 3 places. The arrogance and expectation to do great things is comical.

SS isn’t a big enough character to deal with egos and arrogance from players.

Get it up ya SS 🖕
SS is the perfect league 1 manager for them.

• Haha
Reactions: IvyG and greenpig27