The Vibe at Stoke (a) | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Vibe at Stoke (a)

Will you boo or cheer Schuey on Saturday?

• Boo

Votes: 107 34.0%
  • Cheer/applaud

Votes: 26 8.3%
  • I don't care

Votes: 182 57.8%

• Total voters
Dec 28, 2023
...and when considering loyalty let us not forget that Schumacher was not exactly 'loyal' to his best mate when he took his job rather than supporting him in his new role at Preston. The expression about leopards and spots comes to mind.

No, I do not want him back. Indeed, in the very unlikely event that I were ever to shake hands with him I would count my fingers afterwards. ;)
This is something I’ve thought about recently that I hadn’t before.

The signs were there from day one.

We chose to ignore it because we benefitted from it and felt aggrieved by Lowe’s leaving.

Reactions: Mark58

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
My view is Schuey was a brilliant manager when here, statistically the best we’ve had. He got players playing for him, it was entertaining, we had a marvellous 18 month period. He worked very hard here and he also “got” the club and embraced the area.

The manner of his departure has clearly tainted his legacy and that is so regrettable. I understand why he left and while financial security is a factor, I think he left as a career move. But I think the timing and manner of how he did it was very poor. He should have seen out this season but that is where he was too impatient and probably a bit insecure that he might not get a big manager job (in terms of club size and money) if he stayed here.

I would not boo him. The club has moved on and I would treat this game as the big relegation 6 pointer it is and ignore that sideshow . If I saw Schuey in the street I would wish him well but never at the expense of Argyle. Maybe in a couple of seasons when the dust settles, would like to see him welcomed as a guest as an Ex Argyle manager back here. And hopefully he would look back and realise his actions were poorly handled.
I'm with you, KG. Schuey had a safe job here, regardless of results. Despite all the speculations of players leaving and possibly no money available, this would, undoubtedly been a huge challenge, but with a safety net. I do feel that his move was premature and, had he stayed, he would be stronger for it and then be better placed for a move away.

May 16, 2016
Had a glance at the Stoke forums and it seems (at least for this game) he's not that bad after all and the intention is to get behind him if only to rub our noses in it !

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Am I the only one worried about this game, if we lose we could be one point outside the relegation places with 2 difficult games left. Not worrying about what to shout at schuey myself, just going to encourage and support the players, we need at least a draw from this game and winding the opposition up is probably not very clever.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Am I the only one worried about this game, if we lose we could be one point outside the relegation places with 2 difficult games left. Not worrying about what to shout at schuey myself, just going to encourage and support the players, we need at least a draw from this game and winding the opposition up is probably not very clever.
You think you’re the only one that knows this? We could and in all probability have been 3 points worse off. Who’d really have given us a chance against Leicester and with them having lost at Millwall it should have been their bounce back game.
In all probability we’ll win against Hull but we don’t want to wait that long. A draw against Stoke will upset them more than us so we hold a decent hand.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Had a glance at the Stoke forums and it seems (at least for this game) he's not that bad after all and the intention is to get behind him if only to rub our noses in it !
They’re up before every game. Down after most games. They have nothing to have one up on us about after all, it was us that was hard done by.