Things to look forward to next season | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Things to look forward to next season

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Pogleswoody":3sxufh12 said:
Devongreenowl":3sxufh12 said:
memory man":3sxufh12 said:
davie nine":3sxufh12 said:
Argyle won’t be playing Swindon, Steve unless we meet them one of the cup competitions.
Shocking mistake on my part. I will substitute Wycombe. When I was a guide st Broadlands my boss was the former player's secretary. at Wycombe. I watched from a box and so enjoyed it I could get used to it.

You can’t own up to enjoying anything about Wycombe on ere MM, even the players secretary :whistle:

Wonder if the player's secretary got a lot of overtime?? :think:

It’s all a bit of a mystery. But then, the player's secretary was his boss too. Memory Man needs to enlighten us
:angel:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Devongreenowl":1ky0k9ao said:
Pogleswoody":1ky0k9ao said:
Devongreenowl":1ky0k9ao said:
memory man":1ky0k9ao said:
davie nine":1ky0k9ao said:
Argyle won’t be playing Swindon, Steve unless we meet them one of the cup competitions.
Shocking mistake on my part. I will substitute Wycombe. When I was a guide st Broadlands my boss was the former player's secretary. at Wycombe. I watched from a box and so enjoyed it I could get used to it.

You can’t own up to enjoying anything about Wycombe on ere MM, even the players secretary :whistle:

Wonder if the player's secretary got a lot of overtime?? :think:

It’s all a bit of a mystery. But then, the player's secretary was his boss too. Memory Man needs to enlighten us
:angel:
I think I should have hyphenated former-players' secretary. So he did for
Wycombe former players something similar to what Paul Hart does for the Legends. Whatever people think of Wycombe, I had an excellent day. I thought the social facilities they provide for their supporters were superb. The former players I sat with were mainly from their non-League days and I found their stories very interesting. I met Gareth Ainsworth briefly after the game and he was very pleasant and down to earth and very complimentary about our 2-1 win that day. Perhaps I'm odd or not a proper fan because it doesn't stop with enjoying a day at Wycombe. I was disappointed for Exeter not making the play-offs. If they had then won we are guaranteed a full house.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Wimbledon's new ground is a good shout.

Light shows at Home Park evening games :greensmile:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Wycombe coming to HP with Gareth Ainsworth strutting the touch line like some member of Spinal Tap, despite attempts to intimidate him by the incessant tutting of the massed ranks of the Werthers Original stand.

:lol:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
memory man":9dyhapw9 said:
[ Whatever people think of Wycombe, I had an excellent day. I thought the social facilities they provide for their supporters were superb. The former players I sat with were mainly from their non-League days and I found their stories very interesting. I met Gareth Ainsworth briefly after the game and he was very pleasant and down to earth and very complimentary about our 2-1 win that day. Perhaps I'm odd or not a proper fan because it doesn't stop with enjoying a day at Wycombe.

Steve don't be pulled into Owl's pseudo snowflakery.

A few of us on here can't stand Wycombe for varying reasons, but mainly because of the tactics they get up to on the pitch, the fake injuries, the time wasting, the surrounding of the referee etc etc.

You may have enjoyed a good day at the corporate area of Adams Park, I have on four or five occasions tasted their friendliness as they host PAFC people. BUT that shouldn't distract from the fact that they CHEAT.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Devongreenowl":k84r61lc said:
Wycombe coming to HP with Gareth Ainsworth strutting the touch line like some member of Spinal Tap, despite attempts to intimidate him by the incessant tutting of the massed ranks of the Werthers Original stand.

I would imagine the fans in the Lower Mayflower will let him know what they think of his football. We're not as gobby as Yorkshire folk (who is?) but they'll let rip the first time one of his players falls down with a near fatal head injury.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
IJN":1yw5xefq said:
memory man":1yw5xefq said:
[ Whatever people think of Wycombe, I had an excellent day. I thought the social facilities they provide for their supporters were superb. The former players I sat with were mainly from their non-League days and I found their stories very interesting. I met Gareth Ainsworth briefly after the game and he was very pleasant and down to earth and very complimentary about our 2-1 win that day. Perhaps I'm odd or not a proper fan because it doesn't stop with enjoying a day at Wycombe.

Steve don't be pulled into Owl's pseudo snowflakery.

A few of us on here can't stand Wycombe for varying reasons, but mainly because of the tactics they get up to on the pitch, the fake injuries, the time wasting, the surrounding of the referee etc etc.

You may have enjoyed a good day at the corporate area of Adams Park, I have on four or five occasions tasted their friendliness as they host PAFC people. BUT that shouldn't distract from the fact that they CHEAT.

So do 90% of other teams Ian. Some are more savvy than others, given but it’s all prt of the game now and even used as tactical advantage for many teams.

Until we have fair and proper sportsmanship in football it won’t change.

It’s morally wrong and should be instructed as such by the management. Until that happens it’s a lost cause and the reason why so so many millions are disgusted by watching the modern footballer perform like there in a war movie and just been hacked down by live rounds.

That and players swarming the ref and throwing abuse at them is my absolute distaste of the game from a playing sense.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
IJN":nqq662ay said:
Devongreenowl":nqq662ay said:

I would imagine the fans in the Lower Mayflower will let him know what they think of his football. We're not as gobby as Yorkshire folk (who is?) but they'll let rip the first time one of his players falls down with a near fatal head injury.

:funny: :funny:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Tuggers, I can dislike who I like, I can't stand Wycombe because I think they cheat. I won't apologise for it, it's simply MY opinion. I know some others feel the same and I have no doubt that some don't.

Why is it that some people seem to have a problem with it?

Couldn't stand Stevenage, and this lot have overtaken them in my little black book.

Perhaps we should all applaud the wonderful opposition that play at Home Park, carry on, I have never been that sort of fan. I see Owly obviously does, he must have picked up that trait from Hillsborough where they're known for their warm welcome.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I´ve lost a few years off my life because of my blood pressure reaching way over boiling point because of Pickem, Lickem, Dickem, Wycombe´s tactics. Only 0.1% worse than Excreta in my little black book.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
IJN":jubyz1ju said:
Tuggers, I can dislike who I like, I can't stand Wycombe because I think they cheat. I won't apologise for it, it's simply MY opinion. I know some others feel the same and I have no doubt that some don't.

Couldn't stand Stevenage, and this lot have overtaken them in my little black book.

Perhaps we should all applaud the wonderful opposition that play at Home Park, carry on, I have never been that sort of fan. I see Owly obviously does, he must have picked up that trait from Hillsborough where they're known for their warm welcome.

I think it was from the time I met him and he told me that the atmosphere at Hillsborough in the promotion match, was the best he ever experienced as a player or manager.

Your attitude to him and Wycombe, which you are perfectly entitled to, is small minded and a bit sad really. You come across as if Argyle are some Everton type school of science football club. This, despite in the past having employed Colin, Kemp, Adams neither of whom were renowned for their stylish football ffs.

I personally would love it one day if Ainsworth managed Argyle. Might actually get back to the championship then.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
IJN":3onn3stk said:

Didn’t say you couldn’t. Relax man :wave:

I also think they cheat and I also dislike it but the point I was trying to make is unfortunately it’s off and parcel of the modern day football scene.

I’m gonna stand down my keyboard troops now because they’ve all gone a little anxious :lol:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Watching Morecambe last night beating Tranmere despite being outplayed for large parts of the game showed me that there are some things Lowe could learn from Adams and Ainsworth too. They were so well organised and disciplined in the second half seeing the win out. It wasn't pretty to watch but they did the job on the night.
I hope Lowe can tighten up certain parts of our game next season even if it does mean it isn't quite so pleasing on the eye. Some of the darker arts are part and parcel of the professional game and lower down the scale too sadly. My nephew top scored for Argyle's U15s just over 20 years ago but decided to pack it in and play with his mates because he didn't enjoy being taught how to cheat, buying fouls, buying penalties etc. It was weeks and weeks before they allowed him to play elsewhere, him having signed some paperwork with Argyle.