Time for Lloyd Jones | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Time for Lloyd Jones

Oct 14, 2015
Balham_Green":3ikhl7nb said:
r4h4al":3ikhl7nb said:
I'd give him a chance now tbf in Canavan's position. Yeah he's inexperienced but the only way to get experience is to play.

So let me get this right. We are in a relegation battle and you are concrrned about guivng a Luton player some experience? 1st goal conceded was the result of some powder puff tackles in.midfield as usual by Fox and one other (Ness or Lameiras) and 2nd was Songoo losing his man. Nothing to do with Canavan

BG is right. We are in a relegation battle and now is not the time to start changing our CBs or giving an on loan player game time in order for him to gain experience. Once we are safe from relegation I'd imagine Oscar, Jones and Anderson will get some game time to see what they can do and to win a contract next season but it would be ludicrous to do any of that until we are safe surely ..

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Balham_Green":36ju7jd5 said:
r4h4al":36ju7jd5 said:
I'd give him a chance now tbf in Canavan's position. Yeah he's inexperienced but the only way to get experience is to play.

So let me get this right. We are in a relegation battle and you are concrrned about guivng a Luton player some experience? 1st goal conceded was the result of some powder puff tackles in.midfield as usual by Fox and one other (Ness or Lameiras) and 2nd was Songoo losing his man. Nothing to do with Canavan
He might be a better player than Canavan so imo he's worth a chance.

Aug 5, 2015
Just goes to show how difficult an actual manager’s job is. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. I guess that’s what he’s paid for to make this kind of judgment call.

Oct 5, 2013
Don’t know if this has been said before, but our cb’s look decidedly more shaky since Macey came back, which is not surprising as the guy is so quiet on the pitch!
Bringing back Letheren is surely the primary change we need to make to our defence.

Sep 6, 2006
r4h4al":3w44w1k7 said:
Balham_Green":3w44w1k7 said:
r4h4al":3w44w1k7 said:

Just give it a whirl you mean. Chances are hes no better and has less experience. But whats to lose eh?! Could be good for a laugh.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Balham_Green":2dpq721r said:
r4h4al":2dpq721r said:
Balham_Green":2dpq721r said:
r4h4al":2dpq721r said:

Just give it a whirl you mean. Chances are hes no better and has less experience. But whats to lose eh?! Could be good for a laugh.
He is better, that's why he was signed.

Aug 5, 2016
r4h4al":2w9sgtfo said:
Balham_Green":2w9sgtfo said:
Balham_Green":2w9sgtfo said:

He is better, that's why he was signed.

Jones was signed for squad rotation and cover, judging by the fact he has been on the bench the whole time.

Vyner was signed because he was better, hence the fasttrack into the starting lineup.

Jones may be quicker than Canavan, but there are dozens of other attributes that make a good defender and I don't think many of us are overly clear on how sharp his game is. Once again I bow to DA's judgement whose opinion from training alone will be much more informed than anyone on here.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
DA has subbed Canavan and brought on Lloyd Jones in both of the last two games.

Canavan has not been playing well, so surely it’s time now to make a change and give Lloyd a start,

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":b3onwqv3 said:

Canavan has not been playing well, so surely it’s time now to make a change and give Lloyd a start,

How many times do you need to say that? You should get over your man crush! Canavan was injured yesterday.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":17pvw1te said:
JannerinCardiff":17pvw1te said:

How many times do you need to say that? You should get over your man crush! Canavan was injured yesterday.

It’s no crush, I believe it will be of benefit to the team and will help us pick up points. It’s no different to people wanting Letheren over Macey or Taylor over Ladapo (particularly away from home).

I know you like a good debate.. I’ve mentioned previously I’d prefer Jones over Canavan. So if I am so wrong in my view, please explain to me why Canavan deserves his place in the starting XI?

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":5pgvjv0f said:
Balham_Green":5pgvjv0f said:
JannerinCardiff":5pgvjv0f said:

It’s no crush, I believe it will be of benefit to the team and will help us pick up points. It’s no different to people wanting Letheren over Macey or Taylor over Ladapo (particularly away from home).

I know you like a good debate.. I’ve mentioned previously I’d prefer Jones over Canavan. So if I am so wrong in my view, please explain to me why Canavan deserves his place in the starting XI?

Didnt say you were wrong. Just dont need to keep repeating it.

C

Cult Of Personality

Lots of people saying Canavan needs to be dropped. Ryan Edwards has been even worse then Canavan this season and needs to be released at the end of the season. Jones should be given the chance to see if he worth going for next season