Time for Lloyd Jones | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Time for Lloyd Jones

Aug 5, 2015
So we’ve got a relatively settled defence which has helped us from absolute no hopers to being almost safe and you want to change it to bring in someone who is very young and relatively untried at an absolutely critical time? It’s almost like using a naked flame in a firework factory. You’re not related to Mark Matthews are you?

Sep 6, 2006
Kentishgreen":12tmzmw0 said:
So we’ve got a relatively settled defence which has helped us from absolute no hopers to being almost safe and you want to change it to bring in someone who is very young and relatively untried at an absolutely critical time? It’s almost like using a naked flame in a firework factory. You’re not related to Mark Matthews are you?

He also thinks Tafari Moore should play in the Songo'o role so diffiult to take him seriously!

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":2rcl8sau said:
JannerinCardiff":2rcl8sau said:
Again Edwards looks the better of him and Canavan. I’d really like to see Lloyd Jones given a start instead of Canavan now please.

You keep repeating yourself so I ask again how many times have you seen Lloyd Jones play and how many Canavan? Like most of your points on here you dont back them up.

Probably seen Lloyd Jones play about 7 times, Canavan about the same. Like I’ve already said enough for me to form my own
Opinion that Jones is a better CB than Canavan. I think Jones is quicker, is more comfortable on the ball and is more dominant in the air.

Why how many times have you seen both Canavan and Jones play.. what’s your opinion on who the better player is?

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
JannerinCardiff":24cwigef said:
Balham_Green":24cwigef said:
JannerinCardiff":24cwigef said:
Again Edwards looks the better of him and Canavan. I’d really like to see Lloyd Jones given a start instead of Canavan now please.

You keep repeating yourself so I ask again how many times have you seen Lloyd Jones play and how many Canavan? Like most of your points on here you dont back them up.

Probably seen Lloyd Jones play about 7 times, Canavan about the same. Like I’ve already said enough for me to form my own
Opinion that Jones is a better CB than Canavan. I think Jones is quicker, is more comfortable on the ball and is more dominant in the air.

Why how many times have you seen both Canavan and Jones play.. what’s your opinion on who the better player is?

When have you seen Jones play in a green shirt apart from when he was a kid? I’ve seen him play once. In the reserves against Exeter. They troubled him. Canavan everyday for me.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":nvr0s5n0 said:
Kentishgreen":nvr0s5n0 said:

He also thinks Tafari Moore should play in the Songo'o role so diffiult to take him seriously!

I never said Moore ‘should’ play Songo’o role, I said he might be worth a try at CDM.. Songo’o is a different type of footballer to me.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
LeonTheGreen":2r3zalkh said:
JannerinCardiff":2r3zalkh said:
Balham_Green":2r3zalkh said:
JannerinCardiff":2r3zalkh said:

When have you seen Jones play in a green shirt apart from when he was a kid? I’ve seen him play once. In the reserves against Exeter. They troubled him. Canavan everyday for me.

Most of my view of Jones is when he’s played international football, not for Argyle. Like I said it’s my opinion, I rate Jones very highly from what I’ve seen of him.

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":36mria4n said:
LeonTheGreen":36mria4n said:
Balham_Green":36mria4n said:

Most of my view of Jones is when he’s played international football, not for Argyle. Like I said it’s my opinion, I rate Jones very highly from what I’ve seen of him.

So you are judging him based on performances playing for Wales Under 17's?

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
No. England u19 and England u20. Every time I’ve seen him he’s looked a class act.

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":65yulthg said:
No. England u19 and England u20. Every time I’ve seen him he’s looked a class act.

So you are comparing under 19s with League 1? And he only played 7 games so you couldnt have seen many.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’d say England U20 was about above average L1 standard.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
If you really want to know I’ve followed Lloyd Jones’s fortunes since he left Argyle, looking at match reports when he played for Liverpool and then saw him for Wales. I then saw all his games for England u19 and u20. I think I’ve seen him enough to form an opinion, and I think he’s an excellent CB from what I’ve seen. He got signed by Liverpool having played less standard competitive games than I’ve seen him play so he’s definitely got something that they liked.

Hopefully you can stop trolling now and just let me have my opinion without constantly questioning.

Oct 31, 2015
JannerinCardiff":2b8x21kv said:
If you really want to know I’ve followed Lloyd Jones’s fortunes since he left Argyle, looking at match reports when he played for Liverpool and then saw him for Wales. I then saw all his games for England u19 and u20. I think I’ve seen him enough to form an opinion, and I think he’s an excellent CB from what I’ve seen. He got signed by Liverpool having played less standard competitive games than I’ve seen him play so he’s definitely got something that they liked.

Hopefully you can stop trolling now and just let me have my opinion without constantly questioning.

I have to say mate he didn't look all that yesterday in his cameo but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because he should not have been put in that position to start with

Oct 14, 2015
Based on 8 minutes yesterday your saying he didn’t look all that?? Needs a bit longer before an opinion is formed

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
You have an opinion, JIC and you are entitled to it but why get frustrated when you persevere and are challenged?
I have an opinion about one of our young pros but I have given up because I have been told by others that I should leave these decisions to our management.

Oct 31, 2015
Welwyn Pilgrim":30zmo5z2 said:
Based on 8 minutes yesterday your saying he didn’t look all that?? Needs a bit longer before an opinion is formed

Yea I agree and he was out of position. I was just saying that's all