Time for Lloyd Jones | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Time for Lloyd Jones

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Voice_of_Reason":2yyru38l said:
Canavan and Edwards lack mobility and pace, therefore the full backs "tuck in" allowing the back four to be very narrow, it makes running into the channels difficult. The downside being wide men get more time and space to get crosses in. However, the strength of our centre backs is they are both big, strong and decent in the air.
Its not perfect, but its a solution to make the best of what we have. When we had Vyner at CB and had some pace in there, it gave the fulls backs opportunity to push out and offer us a bit more width and freedom when we had the ball.

If Lloyd Jones is quicker than Canavan it might allow Sawyer to get a tiny bit wider and tighter to his winger and allow him to play further up the pitch?

Feb 28, 2016
Thomas Edwards":2exle369 said:
MarkMatthews":2exle369 said:
Adams was more than happy to drop Fletcher when he was the top scorer last season, he was quick enough to drop Tyler Harvey and Louis Rooney after the Hartlepool game. He was quick enough not to give Cooper anymore game time after he kept a second half clean sheet at Blackburn. I’m all for winning the shirt and keeping it, be it through, skill, fluke or luck. However all evidence would suggest, if you have Devon/Cornwall on your birth certificate and are under the age of 30, then even if you win your shirt through skill or circumstance, prove yourself, then that will not be enough to keep it.

I thought you'd joined the rest of us on planet earth Mark.

Fletcher got a couple against some kids from Chelsea. A lot of those will not go on to have a successful career in football. Some will.
It's not an achievement though is my point.

Cooper did well at Blackburn yes, but he's got to mature and show enough in training. Forgive me if I am wrong but I recall him having a stinker in what I think was a checkatrade game too.

As for Harvey and Rooney I think even you know you're clutching at straws. Both had opportunities and didn't take them enough be it on the training ground or on the pitch.

Key players were rested in that nothing match. You can't then drop them the key players!!

Against Chelsea Fletcher wasn’t anything like playing in an U18s team himself. None of the more senior pros were able to score against that team.

Harvey and Rooney took, every half chance, they were given. They could only take the chances they were given and it would only be fair to give them greater chances of the back of that.

Aug 5, 2016
Harvey made 55 appearances for Argyle Mark. Several managers had a good look at him.

Harvey and Rooney would have had to have been better than Reuben Reid, Ryan Brunt, Ryan Taylor, David Goodwillie, Jake Jervis, Joel Grant and Freddie Ladapo to have proven the Argyle management wrong. You cannot be serious on believing that is the case?

Aug 5, 2015
Clearly what we need to do is bring Mike Bickle and Derek Rickard out of retirement. None of the above three could hold a candle to these two. Not even close

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
For morbid curiosity, I want to ask the following question...

Mark, if you were manager would you pick Alex Fletcher or Ruben Lameiras?

Feb 28, 2016
Biggs":3t0zry66 said:
For morbid curiosity, I want to ask the following question...

Mark, if you were manager would you pick Alex Fletcher or Ruben Lameiras?

Out of those two, at this precise moment, Lameiras and I would also personally, have Battle before Fletcher at this precise moment in time.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Nope.

And at the time, I wanted him to stay. He'd also just won the penalty that got us into the Liverpool games, scored his first goal and was starting to look very good.

Aug 5, 2015
I also believe he’s been a fairly free goal scorer up North whatever you think of him as a person or the standard of football up there. Our two local lads aren’t and haven’t

Feb 28, 2016
Kentishgreen":hjjnv1ia said:
I also believe he’s been a fairly free goal scorer up North whatever you think of him as a person or the standard of football up there. Our two local lads aren’t and haven’t

Tyler Harvey has become Truro’s top goal scorer ever at that level, I do believe,so he has.

As for Tom and Biggs, I’m blown away I really am, I could respect the argument about preferring Goodwillie over Harvey when he first came here but to now even with the benefit of hindsight say, you would rather have a ruled rapist, represent this club and to defend a worse goal ratio than Harvey’s on the basis, that a penalty won was more impressive than the quality free kick to start of the win against Exeter, the quality debut goal against Torquay, is just laughable in my opinion.

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":b7a3z1gw said:
Balham_Green":b7a3z1gw said:
Nobody mentions Riley. At fault for both goals yesterday imo. Not good enough.

I thought Riley was excellent in his previous game against Shrewsbury..

So that makes it OK then does it? Cant say I remember anything outstanding from him myself.

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":37q0f5hf said:
Balham_Green":37q0f5hf said:
Nobody mentions Riley. At fault for both goals yesterday imo. Not good enough.
Thought it was Sawyer and Canavan at fault for both Fleetwoods goals ?

Well I suggest you look again at the highlights. And it can be more than ONE player at fault you know? Its not that novel.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
All references to Goodwillie have been removed on legal advice.

Please leave it at that. Any repeating will mean the poster will be immediately deactivated. I hope that's clear.

Site Owner.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Again Edwards looks the better of him and Canavan. I’d really like to see Lloyd Jones given a start instead of Canavan now please.

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":3bn710ia said:
Again Edwards looks the better of him and Canavan. I’d really like to see Lloyd Jones given a start instead of Canavan now please.

You keep repeating yourself so I ask again how many times have you seen Lloyd Jones play and how many Canavan? Like most of your points on here you dont back them up.