Time wasting, spoiling, moving the ball etc. | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Time wasting, spoiling, moving the ball etc.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":3sxw64t8 said:
Lundan Cabbie":3sxw64t8 said:
:funny

There is some desperation coming into this.

The best way to stop attackers taking the ball into the corners is to stop them getting the ball in the first place

If we make hold up play and shielding the ball obstruction then the game will lose more than it gains.

Makes no sense.

Let me put it another way then. One of Ryan Taylor's strengths is receiving the ball back to goal, holding off defenders and bringing runners into the game. However you think that should be deemed to be obstruction. It's the same skill, surely.

Aug 2, 2011
jespafc":d7wnp4c5 said:
IJN":d7wnp4c5 said:
How about giving a 30 second countdown after a goal? So, it would mean that the scoring team would have to be back in position or the scored against team would have free reign to score a breakaway. Would be a great spectacle.

Simple, clear, logical.....the FA would never go for it.

The other day I caught the very end of Lille vs. Reims on BT Sport. It was 1-2 to Reims, but Lille had a 93rd min penalty. Now, everyone was ready for the penalty apart from the Reims GK who was stood just by his post off the pitch adjusting his boots apparently, but in reality it was clear he was just delaying the penalty for mind games. The ref finally booked him, but he petulantly walked into the back of his goal and took a drink of water.

I find it baffling that in this situation the ref can't just say, you've had plenty of time, we're all ready and blow his whistle giving the penalty taker an empty net to fire into. Why do we have to put up with these ridiculous incidents which could be so easily eradicated.

In rugby for example England played New Zealand very recently. England scored a try in roughly the 76th minute which would have potentially been the match winning points. It was eventually ruled out after video consultation and the try was not awarded meaning England lost by a single point. My point here is that the England players barely murmured at the decision. They took it and carried on....no finger pointing, no blatant shouting at the ref, they got on with it in a dignified manner.

Hey steady we have been told by the god of rugby knowledge - Shankster, that rugby is full of bell ends and chinos who have no knowledge or understanding of the game. We have also been told that it is a far inferior game to footie. So how on earth could the game of the intellectual elite - footie, learn anything from a game which uses a misshapen ball.

Sep 6, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":146ird7f said:
Balham_Green":146ird7f said:
Lundan Cabbie":146ird7f said:

The best way to stop attackers taking the ball into the corners is to stop them getting the ball in the first place

If we make hold up play and shielding the ball obstruction then the game will lose more than it gains.

Makes no sense.

Let me put it another way then. One of Ryan Taylor's strengths is receiving the ball back to goal, holding off defenders and bringing runners into the game. However you think that should be deemed to be obstruction. It's the same skill, surely.

Nope. Sounds like you are one of those referees who lacks common sensense.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":f0rpd2np said:
Lundan Cabbie":f0rpd2np said:
Balham_Green":f0rpd2np said:
Lundan Cabbie":f0rpd2np said:

Makes no sense.

Nope. Sounds like you are one of those referees who lacks common sensense.

And what sort of football fan are you to be saying, "we want a free kick because he wont give us the ball back." You really need to take a step back and think about what you are asking for.

Sep 6, 2006
If a player takes the ball in to the corner it is not possible to get it back without fouling him There is no intention play the game the way it should be player. Against the spirit of the game and is not entertainment.If you can't see that I give up.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Balham_Green":1by6kmfl said:
If a player takes the ball in to the corner it is not possible to get it back without fouling him There is no intention play the game the way it should be player. Against the spirit of the game and is not entertainment.If you can't see that I give up.

Totally agree.

I was also wondering, is this a relatively new part of the game, or has this always happened? I don't remember it being common back in the 90s, but maybe I'm wrong.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":2gh8lwxe said:

Of course I see where you are coming from but all you are telling me is that it pi**es you off when you don't like a player's intentions of simply keeping possession of the ball.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Balham_Green":jrl3a565 said:

Nonsense. As usual from you.

Sep 6, 2006
r4h4al":1f1x3zfk said:
Balham_Green":1f1x3zfk said:

So which part of it is nonsense? The spirit of the game? The entertainment? ....Do explain.

Sep 6, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":29tbzytc said:
Balham_Green":29tbzytc said:

Of course I see where you are coming from but all you are telling me is that it pi**es you off when you don't like a player's intentions of simply keeping possession of the ball.

No that wasnt all I was saying at all if you read it.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Balham_Green":27oeids4 said:
r4h4al":27oeids4 said:
Balham_Green":27oeids4 said:

So which part of it is nonsense? The spirit of the game? The entertainment? ....Do explain.

If you're allowed to shield the ball at any other area of the pitch why can't you shield it from the corner? (And yes you get the ball without fouling if you're good enough.)

Sep 6, 2006
Very hard work explaining the bl@@ding obvious to some. Do you pay good money to watch players stand in the corner without touching the ball and no attempt to do anything constructive? If
f you do you need to get out more often. And if the shielding is done effectively how is it possible not to foul? You are the one talking nonsense.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agree with BG. Always thought that there should be an 'intent' law in the game. If you're taking it to a corner, the intent is obvious.

It's never been good for football.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
f you do you need to get out more often. And if the shielding is done effectively how is it possible not to foul? You are the one talking nonsense.

...By going round the player.

Agree with BG. Always thought that there should be an 'intent' law in the game. If you're taking it to a corner, the intent is obvious.

It's debtable perhaps all the time wasting should be punished and not tolerated.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
IJN":djm4ssa0 said:

It's never been good for football.

Blair Sturrock was one of the best at doing it I recall seeing.