Top Earner? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Top Earner?

Returnofthepob

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 20, 2015
Argyleloyal87":mra08lzk said:
Wonder with the loan players we’ve got their wage amount, is what we are paying towards their wages.

They are not even verified salaries.

Highly dubious...

McFaz at Sunderland is “only” on £100 more than Gary Sawyer @ £2.3k
Seems somewhat unlikely.

Here are their sources:

1 Team/player press releases (NO)

2 Confirmed by widely circulate articles from top tier publications (NO)

3 Industry experts & team insiders This one!

4 Accurately and reliably sourced encyclopedias & databases (NO)

I would say that all Argyle salaries are made up numbers by industry insiders (which is no doubt the team who run the website).
They take prior yrs annual report divvy up the cash between players. Giving more to "bigger names" (DM).

Same for 95 % of salaries on there I expect. No credibility there at all. The website is just there to host an awful array of pop-up ads. I will email them just to check specifically Argyle's sources by player. See what they say. :think:

May 8, 2011
If Mayor is in £6k a week makes you wonder how much the Director of Football, the Chef Executive and Manager are being paid?

Jun 27, 2019
HC Green":2lm8eih5 said:
If Mayor is in £6k a week makes you wonder how much the Director of Football, the Chef Executive and Manager are being paid?

It doesn't make me wonder. But then, I don't have an agenda.

Feel free to tell us how much Derek Adams FC's chief exec is paid, as long as you don't mind if no-one cares.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Football Manager tends to provide a fairly accurate snapshot of wages. Going by that, DM was on 4.5k last season. Other than George Cooper who was on 3k, very few others came close.

I'm not surprised Mayor is on a fair wedge, he was a premium player for L2 in talks with L1 clubs when we signed him. It was going to have to be a good offer to get him here.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
HC Green":x2fyhlt4 said:

There was a recent interview with Simon Hallett where he said Andrew Parkinson didn't come cheap, but probably deserves even more.

Fair play, if he's leading the club and (in nornal times) generating lots of extra cash through his decisions.

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
Whatever Danny Mayor is being paid he’s worth every penny. I love watching him play. His foootball skill is a delight and I am very pleased he is in my beloved team, Plymouth Argyle. :scarf:

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
PlymOdi":19ohycdj said:
If you believe that link is accurate, I've got a bridge to sell you.

How much ?
:funny:

Aug 5, 2016
PlymOdi":23g0ntzg said:

I was about to say that last night, but then again how do any of us know what the players are earning?

But as an example I can't see Dominic Telford being one of the highest paid players at the club. He was a reserve at Bury and by and large has been a reserve at Argyle. But stranger things have happened.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
When Mayor signed for Argyle Lowe said he was the 'best player in League Two' and by all accounts the Bury players were on very good wages so to bring Mayor and four other promotion winning players from Bury to Argyle would have cost a lot in wages.

That said, I would doubt the actual figures quoted by Salary Sport.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":1qu9fnyr said:
PlymOdi":1qu9fnyr said:

I was about to say that last night, but then again how do any of us know what the players are earning?

But as an example I can't see Dominic Telford being one of the highest paid players at the club. He was a reserve at Bury and by and large has been a reserve at Argyle. But stranger things have happened.

You say that, but we also paid a fee for him...

Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
Nobby":13f5vman said:
Knibbsworth":13f5vman said:
PlymOdi":13f5vman said:

You say that, but we also paid a fee for him...

I think everyone was expecting much more from Telford, including Ryan Lowe. I can't see him staying with us next season to be honest.

Anyone else noticed the wages Big Frank is on? He must be laughing all the way to the bank with his 20 minutes of playing time each week.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
HC Green":3o777djb said:

Managers are well paid to ensure they have means to pay their FA fines. ;) :greensmile:

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Have no idea about the validity of that link shared, but those certainly aren't extortionate League 1 wages at all. If we get into the championship we'll be regularly paying double or triple that (well hopefully we won't, as I'd hate for us to become one of these clubs that have a wage bill that is over 100% of turnover, but most other championship clubs seem to).