Top five players you've ever seen play live? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Top five players you've ever seen play live?

Jan 27, 2012
Probably Gascoigne in Geoff Crudgington's testimonal game (89 or 90).. Without that cruciate knee injury in 1991 he would have surely been ranked one of the best players of all time (and I mean in terms of world football). His talent was incredible- although still a good player at Euro 96 etc, he was never the player he was before that nasty injury. That was only Gazza at 75%.

I saw Messi earlier this year and was surprised at how good he was (sometimes these players fail to live up to their hype when you see them, but Messi was worth the entrance fee and really did stand out amongst a team of superstars).

Have also seen Jari Litmanen of Finland, who sticks in the mind with his skills.

I guess Paul Dalton is my Fav Argyle player fror skill levels. He's not as good as the above though !!!

Nov 19, 2011
Was lucky enough to get to a few champions league games this season.
Not all of these players had their best game, but are certainly huge names and I'm very fortunate to have had the chance to see them play live.

Messi - was a class above and was effortless on the ball; magical to watch.
C Ronaldo
Iniesta
Suarez
Modric

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Joe Totale":326vnye3 said:
Merlin":326vnye3 said:
Nobby":326vnye3 said:
Thierry Henry
Robert Pires
Patrick Vieira
Steven Gerrard
Santi Cazorla

What about Nicklas Bendtner

I do recall an 18 year old Bendtner ripping us a new one when he was on loan at Birmingham.
I recall raving about him to my mates and saying that he could be the new Van Basten :oops:

Of the Arsenal players we faced, Samir Nasri was comfortably the best.

Feb 8, 2005
IJN":i1eha9yw said:
Silkman
Machin
McCall
Dalton
Castle

That's better. Mine are

Went to school with , and played against Trevor Francis,
Paul Mariner,
Dave Burnside,
John Matthews,
Jim Furnell.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Mariner
McAuley
Friio
Aleksic
Castle

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
In no particular order...

Pele, Eusebio, Best, Gasgoine and...a toss up between Jimmy Greaves and Dalglish. I’ll go for Greavesie.

Feb 23, 2009
I played against Trevor Francis when I was the school goal keeper.He didn't score but yes he was a great player.

As an unashamed Man U supporter for many, many years - those I have watched live -

George Best - took Palace apart at Selhurst Park in a romping win.

Paul Scholes - what a dynamo, could do everything - apart from tackle !!!

Glenn Hoddle - what a left foot and vision.

Bryan Robson - a great leader of club and country.

Norman Whiteside - the "new" Duncan Edwards at OT, scored THAT goal v Everton in the FA Cup Final - then nothing !

Keep the Faith :scarf: