Torquay United SOS (TUST submit bid to buy TUFC) | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Torquay United SOS (TUST submit bid to buy TUFC)

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Has it gone into administration though?

'Intention to appoint' doth not administration make.

Until it is in administration this could still be a cunning rouse to cut costs... he's already lost probably his biggest wage earner from the books WITHOUT actually entering administration.

I'm pretty certain that the 10 point deduction is automatically applied when a club enters administration, and they're still showing as being on 46 points so ... no, they've not formally entered administration yet.

Reactions: X Isle
Jul 29, 2010
I'm pretty certain that the 10 point deduction is automatically applied when a club enters administration, and they're still showing as being on 46 points so ... no, they've not formally entered administration yet.
And they're still able to sell tickets online too, I just checked.

Administrators work 24/7 so if it was urgent it would've happened by now.

Cynical yes, but trust is very hard to place in someone like him.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
May 4, 2012
Sunderland
And they're still able to sell tickets online too, I just checked.

Administrators work 24/7 so if it was urgent it would've happened by now.

Cynical yes, but trust is very hard to place in someone like him.
I bought tickets for Argyle online when we were in administration? I don't remember this ever being a thing at other clubs who have recently been in administration either.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
As my Torquay supporting mate said, no more money so he's off. Says alot.
I think a lot of Torquay fans wanted him gone anyway, and that's a comment that suggests the person was anti-Johnson. I think it's far more likely that he'd have been worried with a point deduction on the way and the form that they're in that they'd go down, and he probably doesn't want a relegation from the National League South to be associated with him.

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
So here me out, because this is going to sound really harsh. But are Torquay worth saving in their current guise?

The inevitable points deduction, lose of players and cost cutting by administrators is going to see them relegated to the Sourthern League. Level 7 of the Pyramid.

The reformed Bury went in to Level 9 of the pyramid, only two steps below.

Saving the current club will cost millions in admin fees, debts etc which will be a burden for any new owner.

Would it not be better for a fresh start, only 2/3 steps below where they current are with a phoenix club?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We were immediately docked 10 points after giving a notice of intention to go into administration, this was mid February and we actually went into administration in early March, although this was under EFL rules.
So the 10 points deduction actually came before we went into definite administration.

Mar 23, 2008
I think a lot of Torquay fans wanted him gone anyway, and that's a comment that suggests the person was anti-Johnson. I think it's far more likely that he'd have been worried with a point deduction on the way and the form that they're in that they'd go down, and he probably doesn't want a relegation from the National League South to be associated with him.
Can only tell you my mates opinion, who is a season ticket holder there. You're right, he and everyone wanted him gone but feels the timing sums up his feeling towards the club.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Is it still 10 points? I know it's 12 in the EFL now.

The National League have very strict rules about administration as well. I'm fairly sure I've seen it said before that you can't start a season in administration in the National League (unless relegated into it) so even if they did stay up they'd go down if no new owner by the AGM.

Jul 29, 2010
I bought tickets for Argyle online when we were in administration? I don't remember this ever being a thing at other clubs who have recently been in administration either.
...and yet as Ian said, it happened.

Makes sense too, how can a business be credit worthy in administration?

Apr 9, 2011
Its academic now but i cant for the life of me understand how Johnson survived so long as seemingly he did little or nothing for the club . now gone like a rat deserting a sinking ship

Reactions: David Doidge

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Can only tell you my mates opinion, who is a season ticket holder there. You're right, he and everyone wanted him gone but feels the timing sums up his feeling towards the club.

No time for that now and I genuinely believe him being so crap (which amazed me) watered down the feeble protest so far.

It has to be ramped up ten fold. Your mate and his chums will have to fight dirty. Sod the coming games, they should be disrupted BUT the problem for them is they are way down the ladder. Will anyone take any notice is people chuck rubber chickens on the pitch? I'm not sure they will.

The TUST will have to do the talking etc but action from the day to day supporters should be relentless.