Was it a pen? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Was it a pen?

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
VAR is the reason i no longer watch prem league football,i was in favour of it when it was first proposed,but there have been so many ridiculous decisions that i feel it is actually spoiling the game.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
It's gone. It wasn't given so it wasn't a penalty.
Time to move on.

Jun 24, 2008
What is it with some posters desperate need to close a discussion? It's an interesting debate, we're not harming you. Just chose not to post on this particular thread and move on.

Do you turn the TV off in anger that pundits are debating the match that just ended, the offsides, penalty shots, sending offs etc.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
macleanie":we3riydr said:
What is it with some posters desperate need to close a discussion? It's an interesting debate, we're not harming you. Just chose not to post on this particular thread and move on.

Do you turn the TV off in anger that pundits are debating the match that just ended, the offsides, penalty shots, sending offs etc.

Yes always turn it off right after the game.

Jun 24, 2008
rongreenblood":3qm29b73 said:
VAR is the reason i no longer watch prem league football,i was in favour of it when it was first proposed,but there have been so many ridiculous decisions that i feel it is actually spoiling the game.

I agree, its spoiling the game.

I remember reading an article on Clattenburgs views of VAR and remember a point he made about VAR being necessary to protect referees because of the hatred they receive for their errors. I feel that it has taken some heat off the key official but now just aimed at a unknown in an office somewhere who is still making many an error.

Another thought is, now we've had it, if it went would be questioning for its return when a clubs on the bad end of a decision?

Jun 24, 2008
Ponty":yb1unha0 said:
macleanie":yb1unha0 said:

Each to their own. Mind you, so do I if its Alex Scott or Rio Ferdinand.

Dec 30, 2020
macleanie":3il5dbxh said:

Yes, I was just thinking that. Imagine applying the same logic more widely.

Ryan Lowe picks the team and that's final, so no point discussing team selection, tactics or transfers.

The game's done and the result's settled. Whatever anyone thought of the performance is irrelevant so don't discuss that either.

Perhaps not very conducive an interesting messageboard?

Sep 6, 2006
macleanie":14lzjh9c said:
Ponty":14lzjh9c said:
macleanie":14lzjh9c said:

But not Ian Wright? Can't see how he adds value.
The other point re Var is it completely takes the spontaneity out of scoring which is soulless enough in empty stadiums. Dont understand why its so difficult to get 'clear and obvious' for officials.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Balham_Green":3onidv4e said:
macleanie":3onidv4e said:
Ponty":3onidv4e said:
macleanie":3onidv4e said:

But not Ian Wright? Can't see how he adds value.
The other point re Var is it completely takes the spontaneity out of scoring which is soulless enough in empty stadiums. Dont understand why its so difficult to get 'clear and obvious' for officials.

Now I like Wrighty just think he's so down to earth and obviously knows the game.
He's especially good at England games, very patriotic.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Would the bloke down the pub have the insight and experience that Ian Wright Wright Wright has?

Love him to bits on TV. Lovely to see his smile as well.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
IJN":jnl30tr4 said:
Would the bloke down the pub have the insight and experience that Ian Wright Wright Wright has?

Love him to bits on TV. Lovely to see his smile as well.
Of course not.

We've wandered terribly off topic Boss :lol:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Back on topic - the pundits wouldn't spend 3 days discussing whether it was a pen or not. :)

Micah Richards is becoming a good pundit.