Watch Luke Jephcott tomorrow (Friday) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Watch Luke Jephcott tomorrow (Friday)

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Dreamgreen":1ohsakhu said:
Luke subbed on 89 mins. He played a really intelligent, albeit physical game. Won loads of free kicks.
Agreed, he had a good game and has hopefully come out of it unscathed.

Aug 5, 2016
What a 12 months Luke has had!

This time last year he was scoring for Truro against Hartley Wintney and looking forward to an away trip at Blackfield and Langley.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Here's the full game replay if anyone wants to watch it.

I think the thing that stands out in his play generally is his movement off the ball and intelligent runs. Well done Luke.

https://youtu.be/HQTEYz3t4Wo

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Luke will be the next million pound player if he leaves Argyle. I’d say in the current market as a natural goalscorer I’d hope he wouldn’t leave for any less than 2m if I’m honest. I reckon Lowe should put him on pens so he can get 20 goals this season in L1 which will double his value to the club.

Oct 5, 2013
JannerinCardiff":1uek3jj1 said:
Luke will be the next million pound player if he leaves Argyle. I’d say in the current market as a natural goalscorer I’d hope he wouldn’t leave for any less than 2m if I’m honest. I reckon Lowe should put him on pens so he can get 20 goals this season in L1 which will double his value to the club.

What a great idea!
It’s not as if we have any obvious penalty taker at the moment playing every game. Although I think Hardie might well try and get hold of the ball first!

May 8, 2011
JannerinCardiff":6k66cmn8 said:

If we get that sort of money then how extremely lucky we were that someone saw his potential like they did with Mike Cooper and offered him his first contract. We should be extremely grateful to that person.

Apr 1, 2009
HC Green":ec1mkpyo said:
JannerinCardiff":ec1mkpyo said:

If we get that sort of money then how extremely lucky we were that someone saw his potential like they did with Mike Cooper and offered him his first contract. We should be extremely grateful to that person.

How would you like us to express our extreme gratitude to that person? Presumably part of "that person"'s employment was, amongst other things, to spot potential and offer appropriate contracts? In other words, they were only doing their job.

As to valuation, when does Jephcott's existing contract end? Without knowing that, how do you put a valuation on his head? Where is the precedent that scoring a few penalties doubles a striker's value? He may already be the nominated penalty taker, but as others have said it's meaningless if we don't get any pens. Putting values on his head at this stage is just fantasy, and achieves nothing except possibly putting unnecessary pressure on the player.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
xmastree":25kx8k3m said:
HC Green":25kx8k3m said:
JannerinCardiff":25kx8k3m said:

How would you like us to express our extreme gratitude to that person? Presumably part of "that person"'s employment was, amongst other things, to spot potential and offer appropriate contracts? In other words, they were only doing their job.

As to valuation, when does Jephcott's existing contract end? Without knowing that, how do you put a valuation on his head? Where is the precedent that scoring a few penalties doubles a striker's value? He may already be the nominated penalty taker, but as others have said it's meaningless if we don't get any pens. Putting values on his head at this stage is just fantasy, and achieves nothing except possibly putting unnecessary pressure on the player.

This!

Oct 5, 2013
Quintrell_Green":egp6hdkb said:
xmastree":egp6hdkb said:
HC Green":egp6hdkb said:
JannerinCardiff":egp6hdkb said:

This!

I’d rather read positive posts like those of HC Green and JannerinCardiff !
Pressure is something pro players learn all about and can generally handle - which is one reason why not everyone can hack it as a pro. Pros have pressure on them every time they step on the pitch, and Jephcott will have successfully already dealt with a lot of it over the last 5 years, so I don’t agree that speculating on a player’s value might put any more pressure on or affect his play. He might even like it and find it gives him a boost, if he were to read this thread!

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
HC Green":396zbjii said:
JannerinCardiff":396zbjii said:

Well done DA, you gave Luke a pro contract, extra special well done to RL, I believe you gave Luke another contract and played him as a striker in a front 2 after managing to get him out on loan and rewarding him on his return.