Watch Luke Jephcott tomorrow (Friday) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Watch Luke Jephcott tomorrow (Friday)

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
HC Green":3m2n8y3n said:
JannerinCardiff":3m2n8y3n said:
Luke will be the next million pound player if he leaves Argyle. I’d say in the current market as a natural goalscorer I’d hope he wouldn’t leave for any less than 2m if I’m honest. I reckon Lowe should put him on pens so he can get 20 goals this season in L1 which will double his value to the club.

If we get that sort of money then how extremely lucky we were that someone saw his potential like they did with Mike Cooper and offered him his first contract. We should be extremely grateful to that person.

I am thankful, thankful playing him out of position didn't end up costing him a career and us the benefits of him in his correct one.

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":1sycrnk9 said:
Luke will be the next million pound player if he leaves Argyle. I’d say in the current market as a natural goalscorer I’d hope he wouldn’t leave for any less than 2m if I’m honest. I reckon Lowe should put him on pens so he can get 20 goals this season in L1 which will double his value to the club.

Scored 6 goals and had a decent Under 20's game now he is a multi million pound player. :facepalm:
Not just 1m but 2m according to JannerinCardiff. The poster who reckons Camara has been poor this season.
How do even know if Jephcott is any good at pens?

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":26jgtf41 said:
JannerinCardiff":26jgtf41 said:

If we get that sort of money then how extremely lucky we were that someone saw his potential like they did with Mike Cooper and offered him his first contract. We should be extremely grateful to that person.

Poor old HC cannot get over his obsession of the former manager. Perhaps we should erect a statue of him for offering a young player a contract?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
This year he has 12 goals from 30 games, many of which were part games. At that rate he would be around 18 goals by the end of January or a full season of games. Without a few penalties to take him to 20 plus that is a decent stat for a 20 year old. It's early days still and it will be the end of the season before we have a better idea if he is the real deal I guess but if he continues at his current scoring rate then the 1 to 2 million figures being bandied about won't be too far off the mark.

Sep 6, 2006
jerryatricjanner":ej8nmrm0 said:
This year he has 12 goals from 30 games, many of which were part games. At that rate he would be around 18 goals by the end of January or a full season of games. Without a few penalties to take him to 20 plus that is a decent stat for a 20 year old. It's early days still and it will be the end of the season before we have a better idea if he is the real deal I guess but if he continues at his current scoring rate then the 1 to 2 million figures being bandied about won't be too far off the mark.

So if he gets 20 goals this season he will be worth 1 to 2 million? Re our lack of pens aren't the strikers supposed to win them?

B

Bonehead

Sold by Argyle = £500000

Sold by Exeter =£2000000

Sold by Peterborough =£7000000

Sep 6, 2006
rongreenblood":ky170fvt said:
Re our lack of pens aren't the strikers supposed to win them?
No,the ref is supposed to award them.

Ah I see. Thanks for that information Ron. :facepalm:

Aug 5, 2016
HC Green":332l0qm9 said:
JannerinCardiff":332l0qm9 said:

Mike Cooper's ability as a youngster was obvious. Luke McCormick joked with Rhys Wilmot that a 16 year old Cooper was going to retire him and have his shirt. The youth set up which convinced an Exeter lad to be at Argyle instead of St James's Park deserve all the credit there.

As for Adams, he didn't play the tactics which would have let Jephcott thrive. And there is absolutely no way Adams would have taken a 19 year old from his loan at Truro and given him a few months in the first team at the expense of strikers like Dom Telford, Ryan Taylor, Zak Rudden and Byron Moore. Alex Fletcher got a bit of pitch time under DA but usually when all else were unavailable.

Oct 5, 2013
Balham_Green":2e2l0jvt said:
jerryatricjanner":2e2l0jvt said:

Re our lack of pens aren't the strikers supposed to win them?

What are you trying to say, BG?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Balham_Green":3t3sqnkm said:
jerryatricjanner":3t3sqnkm said:

So if he gets 20 goals this season he will be worth 1 to 2 million? Re our lack of pens aren't the strikers supposed to win them?
IF he got 20 as a 20/21 year old striker then yes I would expect him to be valued at a million or more. Not sure what your point is regarding winning penalties? My point was he doesn't take them to add to his tally and whereas we haven't had one yet we will for sure somewhere along the line.

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":psouo1jx said:
JannerinCardiff":psouo1jx said:

Scored 6 goals and had a decent Under 20's game now he is a multi million pound player. :facepalm:
Not just 1m but 2m according to JannerinCardiff. The poster who reckons Camara has been poor this season.
How do even know if Jephcott is any good at pens?

If he keeps up his scoring rate he will have clubs queuing up to give £5m for him.

7 goals in 14 last season.
6 goals in 9 this season.
Without free kicks, without penalties.

In my opinion, he needs to be practicing them every day and Ryan Lowe should be encouraging him to be our penalty taker.

Reuben Reid always scored 10-15 from open play, but 6+ penalties a season made him into a 20+ striker.

At Jephcott's age, the boost it could do to his profile and value would be immense. And it is in our interests.

Why have another cabbage like Sarcevic take them only to leave on a free for a League Two relegation scrap?