Webcams 1 & 2 | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Webcams 1 & 2

Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Heathrow Green":3aydcjtz said:
Lots going on in front of the grandstand today. Crane in place and lots of people.

Are we about to see the first roof steels in place?

That would be my guess! I shall be watching the webcams with interest when I can today

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Stuart House":ipse9pvk said:
Or the concrete terracing.

The crane is extended above the height of the upper tier. (Cam 1)
I don't think they'd need it that high for the concrete work for the lower tier.

Edit: Looks like chunks of metal

Edit2: Definitely chunks of metal with holes in for bolts. Probably significant that they have been working on cleaning and painting the tops of the roof pillars in the last few days.

Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
If you check webcam3 you can see the first piece of steel currently being fitted at the west end, just a small connecting piece for now but it's underway!

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
First extension of the posts for the roof going on, Sparksy would have been pleased

Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Whilst watching the roof, I'd missed the extra steel being installed on the terrace. Some sort of platform being constructed at the west end?

Edit: having had a look at the 3D planning images, I really don't understand what they're for

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Kevin_Gollop":2syoozyt said:
Whilst watching the roof, I'd missed the extra steel being installed on the terrace. Some sort of platform being constructed at the west end?

Watching that too. kinda surprised I just assume the concrete terraces would have sat on the flat part of the rakers

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
Ottawa Green":23l8gann said:
Kevin_Gollop":23l8gann said:

Watching that too. kinda surprised I just assume the concrete terraces would have sat on the flat part of the rakers

Guessing its just a temporary platform to assist with the roof? Then they'll remove it when it's time for the concrete.

They didn't add one of these bits of steel to the final raker at the Devonport end so it doesn't seem like something that will be uniform.

Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Dalton Is God":2qjz7i1x said:
Guessing its just a temporary platform to assist with the roof? Then they'll remove it when it's time for the concrete.

They didn't add one of these bits of steel to the final raker at the Devonport end so it doesn't seem like something that will be uniform.

I think you may be correct, I can't see how the terrace would work otherwise

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
6th one going in, also plates being installed on either side of the 2nd post

Neath Green

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
✅ Evergreen
♣️ SWAG Member
Jan 21, 2007
Neath
Dalton Is God":337uszl3 said:
Ottawa Green":337uszl3 said:
Kevin_Gollop":337uszl3 said:

I think you are right. I am guessing that this is a platform so that the roof beams can be assembled /bolted together before lifting as it could be that the beams are too long otherwise to be delivered to site.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Neath Green":3qv6p9su said:
I think you are right. I am guessing that this is a platform so that the roof beams can be assembled /bolted together before lifting as it could be that the beams are too long otherwise to be delivered to site.

I'm wondering if those extra bits of steel are not only a support to connect the steel that will run along between the uprights, but are then set to become some of the actual roof supports, in position ready to be lifted and connected to the cross pieces.