What can we expect to hear from the Football League today.. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What can we expect to hear from the Football League today..

A

Ade

'The football league wishes to place on record - that on balance, buying the freehold was probably a mistake'

Melbourne Mark

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
M

marin(er)

The statement itself might not have been prepared but the content is very much ready. It will be aparent why the new company just formed was formed and that apart from an issue with the ground ownership we are not too far off the mark. That's all I know but it's not going to be 'YOUR WAY OFF!'.
I think that this coupled with BG saying the deal will be done and with Heaney still moving forward (new company) we can all expect this awful situation to conclude next week! Thank the lord!

G

Gareth Nicholson

marin(er)":20ku18eb said:
The statement itself might not have been prepared but the content is very much ready. It will be aparent why the new company just formed was formed and that apart from an issue with the ground ownership we are not too far off the mark. That's all I know but it's not going to be 'YOUR WAY OFF!'.
I think that this coupled with BG saying the deal will be done and with Heaney still moving forward (new company) we can all expect this awful situation to conclude next week! Thank the lord!

I should hope not.

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
marin(er)":1kr69olb said:

So the new company is another layer of deception to sidestep FL rules. Great news :wtf:

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
GibGreen":dxkv78by said:
I really don't understand how the FL can possibly grant the share with the Heaney Plan.

As reported by Postey, Heaney is the sole director of the new PAFC Stadium Ltd. Meaning, he will be our Landlord if the deal completes. How can that possibly be classed as not having financial influence over another club? He will effectively be setting our rent?

This then, seems to be a blatant contravention of the FL's rules.

If the FL do grant the share on that basis, it just goes to show what a toothless and spineless organisation they really are.

My love affair with football is rapidly diminishing. Not football itself, or of course Argyle, but the way the men in suits are running the game.

I made this exact point at the meeting in the Guildhall. Ridsdale said that is was OK at Barnsley so its OK here and that he would hardly be doing this unless it was watertight. However the body language from Guilfoyle indicated that I had actually made a fair point.

In my opinion Heaney has already had a massive influence on and off the pitch with the money promised not arriving before the season. We have had to sell players, others have left due to the uncertainty and they still haven't been paid. Off the field the uncertainty has made people reluctant to part with cash for season tickets until they know what is going on. If the team make a poor start which would be completely understandable in the circumstances it will effect future ticket sales and the business plan of getting 5,500 season ticket holders necessary to survive we hear.

How much more influence over another club do they want?

T

Tim Chown

Chris Dennis":3sshzbq3 said:
How much more influence over another club do they want?

Well indeed, this whole saga dragging out *is* having an influence over our club.

The rules should make it impossible to be a PB for one club while running another.

Consider this: if Argyle are liquidated because the deal does not complete and Brent cannot fill the gap, we have the owner of a significant club in the Devon and Cornwall region having seen their biggest neighbour/rival disappear, at the cost of what, £300k, which may well be someone else's money?

M

marin(er)

GibGreen":3eyj3n1s said:
I really don't understand how the FL can possibly grant the share with the Heaney Plan.

As reported by Postey, Heaney is the sole director of the new PAFC Stadium Ltd. Meaning, he will be our Landlord if the deal completes. How can that possibly be classed as not having financial influence over another club? He will effectively be setting our rent?

If the FL do grant the share on that basis, it just goes to show what a toothless and spineless organisation they really are.

My love affair with football is rapidly diminishing. Not football itself, or of course Argyle, but the way the men in suits are running the game.

But that is how football is now, just like everything else in life. Everything where money can be earned is now run by suits. Do you remember when we had local butchers, grocers, garages, bakers, shoe shops, clothes shops, hard ware stores, toy shops, sports shops, etc.? Now we have tesco, b&q, kwik fit, primark, toys r us, jjb, next, macdonalds.... All shiny, squeaky clean, boldly branded corporate machines designed for one thing.... To take our money. All got the same rats running around in the sewers below that the local butcher, baker, grocer and garage had but they hide them better. It protection of brand.
Heaney is a victim of the corporate world just like we are. He is a locally based business man trying to buy a local football club.... A dying breed (hooray I hear you cheer). The Akkeron group is a corporate brand run by suits.
I always try and spend my money in the independents as opposed to the globalised corporates and thats why I have an affiliation to heaneys bid. Warts and all he is just a locally based business man. The Akkeron group are the suits.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Graham Clark":3uazx8f1 said:
I have spoken to the Football League this morning. No statement has been prepared as yet. They were 'hopeful' of putting out a statement later today. I stressed the importance of letting the supporters know what is happening as soon as possible and they have promised to respond to individual supporters e-mails as well as making the statement available formally to the Trust and the media generally.

Brendan Guilfoyle confirmed this morning that the League were still undertaking their due diligence on the Bishop International Ltd / PAFC (125) Ltd proposal. If the League Officials are comfortable that the proposal complies with their rules and regulations then that recommendation has to be formally ratified by the Football League Board.

One of the condition precedents of the Sale and Purchase Agreement is that Bishop International Ltd must achieve Football League approval for the transfer of the Football League share to PAFC (125) Ltd. It would appear from what Brendan Guilfoyle has said today that this must be achieved within the next six working days (by 12th August) for the Sale and Purchase Agreement to be completed. It would be reasonable to assume that should the Football League officials be recommending a 'conditional approval' to the Football League Board those conditions may also have to be complied with the next six working days.

I hope KH is hawking himself around the financial district of Gibraltar seeking a good deal for a bridging loan. He may well need it!

Derby Pilgrim

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
Jun 20, 2011
South Derbyshire
marin(er)":2oy2cwf7 said:
GibGreen":2oy2cwf7 said:

But that is how football is now, just like everything else in life. Everything where money can be earned is now run by suits. Do you remember when we had local butchers, grocers, garages, bakers, shoe shops, clothes shops, hard ware stores, toy shops, sports shops, etc.? Now we have tesco, b&q, kwik fit, primark, toys r us, jjb, next, macdonalds.... All shiny, squeaky clean, boldly branded corporate machines designed for one thing.... To take our money. All got the same rats running around in the sewers below that the local butcher, baker, grocer and garage had but they hide them better. It protection of brand.
Heaney is a victim of the corporate world just like we are. He is a locally based business man trying to buy a local football club.... A dying breed (hooray I hear you cheer). The Akkeron group is a corporate brand run by suits.
I always try and spend my money in the independents as opposed to the globalised corporates and thats why I have an affiliation to heaneys bid. Warts and all he is just a locally based business man. The Akkeron group are the suits.

The Akkeron Group may be a corporate brand but at least they are successful. I wouldn't call Heany a businessman. It requires you to have a successful business to be called that.
And just because you don't have your local business any more doesn't mean we don't up here. I am sure most towns still have a butchers, clothes shops and the like. Its because of the convienience of these big places people like yourself kill off the small local business. Also I don't see many franchise based chippy, chinese and indians. Shows small business can work

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
marin(er)":gnbxb7po said:
GibGreen":gnbxb7po said:

And you were doing ever so well until the last paragraph!

Heaney is a victim of the corporate world just like we are. He is a locally based business man trying to buy a local football club

Just in case you didn't quite understand it first time round, HE ALREADY OWNS ONE! THE RULES STATE YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO OWN/RUN/BE INVOLVED WITH TWO! Get it now?

Nah! Forget it. You're just a fruit cake, it would be a waste of time.

Victim, my arse!

YOU are Heaney and I claim my £5.00.

M

marin(er)

Derbyshire, I suggest you do what I do every day and go out and talk to independent businesses. The corporate world is taking over. Every town does not have a local butcher, baker, etc... And if you read my post I clearly state that I try and spend my money in independent businesses as opposed to going for convenience.
Plymouth is a huge victim of this. All money hat is spent in corporate business leaves the region, gone forever, it will never be spent in the region again.
Akkeron is the same. It buys local hotels, the money that is spent in them is then gone from those communities.

A_S, it matters not if the FL are about to sanction the deal. Get it?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
marin(er)":3djdosd2 said:
Akkeron is the same. It buys local hotels, the money that is spent in them is then gone from those communities.

Just to clarify, although it's probably not worth it, but Akkeron rescue hotels that are in administration, at least 18 hotels over the last 18 months. Without Akkeron these hotels would probably close with a loss of local jobs.

Akkeron now employ 1,630 people and have a combined annual turnover of about £57m.

L

Laughter My Ploy

I wonder what the local businesses who dealt with this local business man think about this local business man