What can we expect to hear from the Football League today.. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What can we expect to hear from the Football League today..

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Laughter My Ploy":3poxwfl2 said:
I wonder what the local businesses who dealt with this local business man think about this local business man

You don't perchance mean the local businesses that lost a lot of money when the local businessman and his local business went mammaries up are you LMP?

But he's a victim, the poor wee lamb.

Aug 25, 2006
Plymuff, D'em!
I've long been of the thought that this mariner fella/lass has an ulterior motive, but now I am absolutely convinced of it.

He/she constantly comes out with more and more outlandish statements, as time goes on, and i can only believe it is for one purpose. To distract from the important issues.

I have noticed occasions on threads where fans have been agreeing with each other, unifying, planning action etc...but then BOOM!, a mariner-special, and all talk is distracted onto whether such-and-such poster has used an abusive tone towards him/her, or questioning his/her sanity, morals, or...i could continue.

Simply put, folks, you're all being distracted by, I believe, someone connected to KH (family, friend) who is attempting to purposefully confuse and divide, so we take our eye off the ball and allow him to weasel his way into our club.

Don't bite, no matter how wild or unbelieveable his/her ramblings may read. It's what he/she wants, as time ticks down on the life of our club as we once knew it. Ignorance is bliss, they say, and i shall now go back to ignoring the troll and concentrating on the thing we should ALL be concentrating on.. how to save our club.

Melbourne Mark

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
marin(er)":3di4816y said:
The statement itself might not have been prepared but the content is very much ready. It will be aparent why the new company just formed was formed and that apart from an issue with the ground ownership we are not too far off the mark. That's all I know but it's not going to be 'YOUR WAY OFF!'.
I think that this coupled with BG saying the deal will be done and with Heaney still moving forward (new company) we can all expect this awful situation to conclude next week! Thank the lord!

So why did you post this?
Just heard brief details of the FL statement..... Not what you were all expecting! Sorry to disappoint......
Here http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=56838

How can you hear details of something that doesn't yet exist?!

May 22, 2006
N.I_Green":jzlkus9s said:
I've long been of the thought that this mariner fella/lass has an ulterior motive, but now I am absolutely convinced of it.

He/she constantly comes out with more and more outlandish statements, as time goes on, and i can only believe it is for one purpose. To distract from the important issues.

I have noticed occasions on threads where fans have been agreeing with each other, unifying, planning action etc...but then BOOM!, a mariner-special, and all talk is distracted onto whether such-and-such poster has used an abusive tone towards him/her, or questioning his/her sanity, morals, or...i could continue.

Simply put, folks, you're all being distracted by, I believe, a plant who has been put here for the sole reason of causing confusion, divide, obfuscation.

Don't bite, no matter how wild or unbelieveable his/her ramblings may read. It's what he/she wants, as time ticks down on the life of our club as we once knew it. Ignorance is bliss, they say, and i shall now go back to ignoring the troll and concentrating on the thing we should ALL be concentrating on.. how to save our club.

A plant with a 2008 join date? Talk about foresight.

No but seriously, let's go back to the matter at hand. Heaney will obviously get the green light. If Taksin Shinawatra, essentially on the run from the tax man, can pass the fit and proper persons test, then a piffling litle nobody like Heaney should pass it with flying colours. In fact I sometimes wonder who could possibly fail.

It will set an interesting precedent what with this whole dual-interest thing, but I don't expect the FL to have thought this through.

Aug 25, 2006
Plymuff, D'em!
Andrew Owen":2xf287p0 said:

No but seriously, let's go back to the matter at hand. Heaney will obviously get the green light. If Taksin Shinawatra, essentially on the run from the tax man, can pass the fit and proper persons test, then a piffling litle nobody like Heaney should pass it with flying colours. In fact I sometimes wonder who could possibly fail.

It will set an interesting precedent what with this whole dual-interest thing, but I don't expect the FL to have thought this through.

Hmm, fair point. Hadn't noticed that. Post edited accordingly.

L

Laughter My Ploy

The Football League Statement in full

In the matter of Plymouth Argyle gaining Football League acceptance for the coming season, after careful consideration we....ah excuse us a moment....someones just brought the Friday special salver of prawn sandwiches and the krug is on ice....so maybe give us a hour or more likely two...no need to rush a good lunch

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Laughter My Ploy":af9h9x3b said:
The Football League Statement in full

In the matter of Plymouth Argyle gaining Football League acceptance for the coming season, after careful consideration we....ah excuse us a moment....someones just brought the Friday special salver of prawn sandwiches and the krug is on ice....so maybe give us a hour or more likely two...no need to rush a good lunch

How common!

It's Krug ffs!!!

:lol:

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
marin(er)":390j6wcr said:
GibGreen":390j6wcr said:
I really don't understand how the FL can possibly grant the share with the Heaney Plan.

As reported by Postey, Heaney is the sole director of the new PAFC Stadium Ltd. Meaning, he will be our Landlord if the deal completes. How can that possibly be classed as not having financial influence over another club? He will effectively be setting our rent?

This then, seems to be a blatant contravention of the FL's rules.

If the FL do grant the share on that basis, it just goes to show what a toothless and spineless organisation they really are.

My love affair with football is rapidly diminishing. Not football itself, or of course Argyle, but the way the men in suits are running the game.

But that is how football is now, just like everything else in life. Everything where money can be earned is now run by suits. Do you remember when we had local butchers, grocers, garages, bakers, shoe shops, clothes shops, hard ware stores, toy shops, sports shops, etc.? Now we have tesco, b&q, kwik fit, primark, toys r us, jjb, next, macdonalds.... All shiny, squeaky clean, boldly branded corporate machines designed for one thing.... To take our money. All got the same rats running around in the sewers below that the local butcher, baker, grocer and garage had but they hide them better. It protection of brand.
Heaney is a victim of the corporate world just like we are. He is a locally based business man trying to buy a local football club.... A dying breed (hooray I hear you cheer). The Akkeron group is a corporate brand run by suits.
I always try and spend my money in the independents as opposed to the globalised corporates and thats why I have an affiliation to heaneys bid. Warts and all he is just a locally based business man. The Akkeron group are the suits.

Not so with the brewing industry. People got fed up with the boldly corporate machines running that industry and the most successful consumer revolt was born. Now there are as many small independent local brewers as ever and in fact that very fact is being featured on Radio 4 at this very moment.

T

Tim Chown

Andrew Owen":3e0u4cw4 said:

How long do you think Heaney's been wanting to get a shot at running Argyle? Didn't he make a bid earlier?

Not necessarily suggesting a link, however coincident the username is, but I would imagine Argyle's been on Heaney's mind since at least 2008.

As interesting as the big corporate effect is, it's a distraction to the current issue.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
I think Marin(er) just seizes on something and then can't let it go.

I remember when he set up a facebook group encouraging people to support the fans of Argyle, he then preceded to update his thread and various others every 2 minutes. What started off as a good idea became increasingly annoying, what's more he was also irrationally defensive of his group, just as he is in recent debates.

May 20, 2006
WHERE EVER I AM
Andrew Owen":1y9gcdfy said:
N.I_Green":1y9gcdfy said:

Simply put, folks, you're all being distracted by, I believe, a plant who has been put here for the sole reason of causing confusion, divide, obfuscation.

Who else was at the club in 2008 that Heaney loves so much.
Anyway as others have said just ignore him/her/it as they are on a wind up.

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
Tavypilgrim":2f7vupla said:
I think Marin(er) just seizes on something and then can't let it go.

I remember when he set up a facebook group encouraging people to support the fans of Argyle, he then preceded to update his thread and various others every 2 minutes. What started off as a good idea became increasingly annoying, what's more he was also irrationally defensive of his group, just as he is in recent debates.

well remembered. this was his update from 14 June...

"ok...its the 14th June. Its a few weeks until the new season gets under way and we, the fans have put up with enough of this! Who are these people that are trying to get our Homepark on the cheap and through the back door? This obvious brinksmanship game has no place within football. We the fans demand better treatment. Respect us or get your arses bitten later down the line!!!"

followed later on that day with...

"Plymouth Argyle and all that goes with that name belongs to Plymouth and its people. At least tell us who you are and what you want with our football club!! We are the Green Army and we WILL fight back!"

No updates since. What changed Marin(er)?

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Well I bleddy well hope that they hurry up!

Nearly my bed time!

:lol:

Oct 22, 2009
Heaney is a victim of the corporate world just like we are. He is a locally based business man trying to buy a local football club.... A dying breed (hooray I hear you cheer). The Akkeron group is a corporate brand run by suits. I always try and spend my money in the independents as opposed to the globalised corporates and thats why I have an affiliation to heaneys bid. Warts and all he is just a locally based business man. The Akkeron group are the suits.[/quote]

Right enough is enough, mods can you delete mariner. He has been entitled to his opinion in previous posts but this is just complete lies, that is posted purely to aggravate other members. Heaney is in no way, shape, or form a local man trying to buy a local football club. He is buying the club to seperate it from the land, build on the land and sell it for profit FACT. He already owns a club and is fully aware of the FL rules regarding ownership of 2 clubs. AND HE IS NOT LOCAL HE IS FROM ESSEX

B

bandwagon

Chris Dennis":24g71lfb said:
marin(er)":24g71lfb said:
GibGreen":24g71lfb said:
I really don't understand how the FL can possibly grant the share with the Heaney Plan.

As reported by Postey, Heaney is the sole director of the new PAFC Stadium Ltd. Meaning, he will be our Landlord if the deal completes. How can that possibly be classed as not having financial influence over another club? He will effectively be setting our rent?

This then, seems to be a blatant contravention of the FL's rules.

If the FL do grant the share on that basis, it just goes to show what a toothless and spineless organisation they really are.

My love affair with football is rapidly diminishing. Not football itself, or of course Argyle, but the way the men in suits are running the game.

But that is how football is now, just like everything else in life. Everything where money can be earned is now run by suits. Do you remember when we had local butchers, grocers, garages, bakers, shoe shops, clothes shops, hard ware stores, toy shops, sports shops, etc.? Now we have tesco, b&q, kwik fit, primark, toys r us, jjb, next, macdonalds.... All shiny, squeaky clean, boldly branded corporate machines designed for one thing.... To take our money. All got the same rats running around in the sewers below that the local butcher, baker, grocer and garage had but they hide them better. It protection of brand.
Heaney is a victim of the corporate world just like we are. He is a locally based business man trying to buy a local football club.... A dying breed (hooray I hear you cheer). The Akkeron group is a corporate brand run by suits.
I always try and spend my money in the independents as opposed to the globalised corporates and thats why I have an affiliation to heaneys bid. Warts and all he is just a locally based business man. The Akkeron group are the suits.

Not so with the brewing industry. People got fed up with the boldly corporate machines running that industry and the most successful consumer revolt was born. Now there are as many small independent local brewers as ever and in fact that very fact is being featured on Radio 4 at this very moment.

Great analogy CD - PG Steam, Arbor Motueka & Bath Gem are my favs at the moment!! :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout:

All only about 100% better than yer big chemical bros affairs!!