When will the first incoming be | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

When will the first incoming be

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
The biggest signing we'll have to make is to replace Bradley if he leaves, hopefully that won't happen though.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Contracts traditionally end of May with players being Free Agents from 1st June. So I imagine we’ll start seeing news then. I would not be too surprised if we’ve already signed a player or two and we’re just waiting to announce it post-May.

Feb 17, 2017
Cobi Budge":12bkby61 said:
The biggest signing we'll have to make is to replace Bradley if he leaves, hopefully that won't happen though.

What about both full backs that need replacing, just as important, also replacement for fox? To add a back up to taylor aswell, not to mention actual depth in the squad and not a bench made up of apprentices, so i wouldnt say bradley leaving is our only concern.

Nov 22, 2006
No point in worrying yet we're still in May as has been pointed out most contracts end on the 31st, And I have yet to see any other club at our level sign a player that I would want here

May 8, 2011
Neilz5419":1pdjy0yr said:
Cobi Budge":1pdjy0yr said:

What about both full backs that need replacing, just as important, also replacement for fox? To add a back up to taylor aswell, not to mention actual depth in the squad and not a bench made up of apprentices, so i wouldnt say bradley leaving is our only concern.

Perhaps that is why Adams said he expects to sign 9 or 10 players.

D

Dano

Green Giant":34ktevbi said:
No point in worrying yet we're still in May as has been pointed out most contracts end on the 31st, And I have yet to see any other club at our level sign a player that I would want here

Worries are ones valid when, and if we didn’t learn from the previous season up and downs due to recruitment failures.

We are an attractive club and location which has to finally be noted.

Best county to reside in and club that has made massive head ways from its pasts.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Neilz5419":1k7uqbj9 said:
Cobi Budge":1k7uqbj9 said:

Neither has he. He’s said it’s the biggest concern, which is probably fair.

I’d expect this summer;
2 X GK (1 if Letheren stays)
2 x CB (1 if Sonny stays)
2 X RB
1 X LB
2 x CM (1 if Fox stays)
1 x Winger (2 if Ainsworth leaves)
1 x Striker

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Still very early yet, and I imagine a lot is going on behind the scenes that wouldn't be if we were in the playoffs. Would have liked to see us get Cook, but plenty of others just as good out there too.

I don't think many have been signed by anyone yet. Can only think of about 4/5. Perhaps a L1 signings thread would be interesting to people?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I'm hoping our team will shape up something like this (with a new central midfielder, winger and striker on the bench).

New GK

New RB, New CB, Bradley, New LB

Sarcevic, Fox, Ness

Carey, Taylor, Lameiras

Mar 8, 2016
Cobi Budge":2fhq58ew said:
I'm hoping our team will shape up something like this (with a new central midfielder, winger and striker on the bench).

New GK

Sarcevic, Fox, Ness

Carey, Taylor, Lameiras

No Edwards or Sawyer?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Army green":2905v39w said:
Cobi Budge":2905v39w said:

New GK

Sarcevic, Fox, Ness

Carey, Taylor, Lameiras

No Edwards or Sawyer?

Edwards and Bradley are far too similar to play together as evidenced earlier in the season. You have one or the other, not both.

Sawyer may well be first choice, but with ATS being released we'll definitely need to sign someone to compete with him.

Nov 2, 2004
If Bradley and Songoo do not sign which seems quite likely,we will need three new centre backs.Possibly two centre backs and a full back who can fill in at centre back.I imagine one of these will be a loan .If Fox does not sign we will need at least two midfielders possibly three.We will have lost Songoo,Fox and the West Ham kid,as a minimum these will need to be replaced.Two right backs and one left back required plus at least one and possibly two Strikers,the number will swing on the managers thoughts on Fletcher.Plus one or two keepers depending on Letheran.These signings are a minimum for a smallish squad.Adams knows this and fingers crossed he has some luck.I would hope that a couple of the promising youth players could be relied upon,Wotton,Evans,Adams etc were all first team players not bench warmers in there early teens.

Feb 17, 2017
HC Green":29flse1a said:
Neilz5419":29flse1a said:
Cobi Budge":29flse1a said:

Perhaps that is why Adams said he expects to sign 9 or 10 players.

the point i was making is that in my opinion signing a replacement for bradley isnt the biggest signing we need to make,
a replacement for taylor and a replacement for fox if he leaves are both more important to the team in my opinion.

Jul 12, 2016
I am sure that there is plenty going on in the background but we presumably also did the same in January and see where that got us.