When will the first incoming be | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

When will the first incoming be

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
oldage":3mn2nhcl said:
I am sure that there is plenty going on in the background but we presumably also did the same in January and see where that got us.

At the time the January signings boosted a mid-table team who were nowhere near relegation or the play-offs.

C

chrisrobin

I cannot bloomin' wait for this summer, a flurry of signings and the World Cup!

Jul 12, 2016
Time will tell but my first response to this post was because some fans were saying we could be worse off when it came to signing players if we were still in the playoffs.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I think contracts expire on 30 June. Often terms and signings are announced before then, with the formalities on 1 July.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
oldage":159ywdzx said:
Time will tell but my first response to this post was because some fans were saying we could be worse off when it came to signing players if we were still in the playoffs.

But how could you or I possibly know whether we’re worse off or not? All the indicators to that are private and going on behind the scenes.

Feb 15, 2005
Factually we are worse off as we have released players without signing any replacements. However I’m in the let’s wait and see camp as the season isn’t yet over for the EFL and players are still earning money contractually.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Let's be honest David Fox didn't arrive until the last pre season games and what a signing he's been.
Look at Mansfield signed 13 before July including Jimmy Spencer and never made the play offs and lost the manager who signed all the players by the end of the season
We will get a full squad to budget whether we sign early or late or get first choices or not ! DA knows last year's squad was thin so will be looking for a larger squad of quality lets hope he doesn't waste it on players he hardly plays like Wylde ainsworth and grant

Dec 27, 2004
Southampton
edengreen":2fvpdpim said:
Let's be honest David Fox didn't arrive until the last pre season games and what a signing he's been.
Look at Mansfield signed 13 before July including Jimmy Spencer and never made the play offs and lost the manager who signed all the players by the end of the season
We will get a full squad to budget whether we sign early or late or get first choices or not ! DA knows last year's squad was thin so will be looking for a larger squad of quality lets hope he doesn't waste it on players he hardly plays like Wylde ainsworth and grant

Joel Grant played 26 games and scored 6,
Hardly a bit part player!

Oct 31, 2015
Gareth Bale on the Bench for Real tonight. He must be peed off. Now theres an option for DA :)

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
First signing will be just after SamJones declaring our window is over because the best players have all gone but just before he has chance to say it puts us in relegation contention already.

Heard it here first :)