Who will go down? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who will go down?

Bottom two

• Sheffield Wednesday

• Huddersfield Town

• Birmingham City

• Plymouth Argyle

• Blackburn Rovers

• Queens Park Rangers

• Stoke City

• Millwall

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Rotherham are gone. I think Huddersfield will also go leaving it between Wednesday, Birmingham and ourselves.

Last edited:

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Argyles vote getting higher

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Blackburn played well yesterday, they caused Ipswich far more problems than we did, 3 goals disallowed. Play like that regularly until the end of the season and they’ll be OK.

I’m going with…

21. Argyle
——
22. Wednesday
23. Huddersfield
24. Rotherham

Reactions: Lancastergreen

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Blimey, greenteign - you have clearly not got the email that we have already been relegated! ;)

I know a few formalities remain, such as actually seeing out the season, but a significant number of fellow PASOTI-ites appear to have already conceded defeat. Indeed, I was particularly tickled by one recent post outlining the reasons 'why we have been relegated'.

I would prefer to take a slightly less defeatist stance and remain hopeful (that's just me - I know others have different views, equally valid on an 'opinions' forum). In my simplistic world we are two points clear of the pack - with a significantly better goal difference - and 'all' we have to do is at least match the results of two teams below us (forget Rotherham) on the run in.

If we manage that, fine - we live to fight again in the Championship next season. If not, I will be gutted but until that happens I will maintain a positive view - and hope that the players are also of that mindset.

Feb 22, 2022
There's an understandable tendency to view the whole relegation dogfight through the prism of a lens that tends to use the best recent performance(s) of others and the worst of ours (yes, there's been a few). But I thought our display against Norwich was as merit-worthy (and as pointless) as Blackburn's against Ipswich. I genuinely believe that if we match or (by better finishing) improve on Friday's performance we will be OK. But I thought the same following Middlesborough. Meanwhile our manager has just been told that Rudyard Kipling has written a poem about him. It is, of course, entitled IF

Last edited:

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I believe Argyle will stay up.

Like l tried to explain to someone before, Argyle have competed well performance wise against your bottom 10 teams. There was the odd game like Millwall at HP, but in the main we found a way to take something from it. Majority of those games were at HP though.

So lve seen the reverse fixtures. Like Swansea away where we were lucky but at HP they battered us under Schumacher. Blackburn who gave us real problems defensively at HP yet l thought we were decent in that away game under Foster.

So, my head says we will get enough.

So you want to know who else. I watched parts of Blackburn last night. They played OK. Yet their remaining fixtures aren't great. I think it could be them. My other one is Huddersfield.

Wednesday have been united by Danny Rohl. A young, inexperienced coach playing very pragmatic football. Their fans seem to love him. Yet with 31% possession at home to Swansea l see them fair no better than Foster does at times to same oppostion.

So it's got to be Huddersfield as QPR, Stoke, Birmingham l feel have enough talent & experience to fall back on to get them out of this mess.
Our results against the bottom ten are deteriorating under Foster.
From beating Huddersfield, Blackburn and Sheffield Wednesday comfortably 3-1, 3-0, 3-0, we've drawn against Huddersfield abd against ten man Blackburn and lost to Wednesday. I admire your optimism that we'll improve on these results but I'm not sure what you're basing that on

Leo's Grandad

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
I've just looked at the remaining fixtures and Blackburn have
Sunderland (A)
Southampton (H)
Bristol City (A)
Leeds (A)
Wednesday (H)
Coventry (H)
Leicester (A)

Don't think they'll get more than 3 maybe 4 points from that lot.
Maybe it's down to the remaining 3rd relegation spot.

ciderup

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Dec 16, 2009
You'll be okay, Wednesday and Blues to drop and Huddersfield and Blackburn to finish below you.

Jul 12, 2016
I still think that we’ll manage to stay up.

Rotherham, Wednesday and Huddersfield or Birmingham will finish below us.

But I won’t have any optimism heading into next season.

We’ll be next season’s Rotherham if things carry on the way that they are.
You are thinking too far ahead. At the moment I couldn't give a toss about next season.

Jul 12, 2016
Blackburn played well yesterday, they caused Ipswich far more problems than we did, 3 goals disallowed. Play like that regularly until the end of the season and they’ll be OK.

I’m going with…

21. Argyle
——
22. Wednesday
23. Huddersfield
24. Rotherham
Blackburn fixtures are tough.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Our results against the bottom ten are deteriorating under Foster.
From beating Huddersfield, Blackburn and Sheffield Wednesday comfortably 3-1, 3-0, 3-0, we've drawn against Huddersfield abd against ten man Blackburn and lost to Wednesday. I admire your optimism that we'll improve on these results but I'm not sure what you're basing that on

Have you seen some of these teams? Wednesday were lifeless without Proveda against Swansea. They smashed 6-0 (was it, at Ipswich) Blackburn rely on Szmodics, like we do Whittaker. I'm not convinved about their GK either. Huddersfield results have been poor. Birmingham can't buy a win. So why give up? Argyle have been poor, but have they really been any worse than a handful of these teams.

I'm basing it on watching these teams & thinking if Hardie or Whittaker start scoring again, then we have enough of a team shape now defensively to get us out of this. Yes we concede bad goals still. However, we been conceding bad goals for last God knows how long. Under Lowe & Schumacher we were a defensive shambles at times. I still am haunted by that EFL trophy final that l sat for the whole 90 mins through. These problems haven't just surfaced whilst Foster has been here. They been here for some time. Yet everyone wants to blame Foster. We knew since August transfer window having just Hardie as the only experienced forward in the team wasn't enough. Yet this was a decision initially made way before Foster's arrival.

I only think we might stay up by the skin of our teeth. It's not like lm predicting a miraculous turn around in performances & results. I just think we are having the season that most realistic Argyle fans thought they might have.

You all believed in these players last season after they got us over the line. I just don't get why people can't realise whilst not having the best skill set for the championship, that having a United team where people will give everything for their team mates might just be enough to scrape results & get us over the line.

I'm believing in the team structure, spirt & togetherness that's been created over past few years that may get us over the line.

Last edited: