Wide-ranging Neil Dewsnip interview | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Wide-ranging Neil Dewsnip interview

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
I agree that he’s done a good job so far, Ian. The media side is a poison challis as your words will be scrutinised, twisted, taken out of context and used against you.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
GreenThing":1np3dkun said:
I agree that he’s done a good job so far, Ian. The media side is a poison challis as your words will be scrutinised, twisted, taken out of context and used against you.

I hope Marlene is ok

Oct 5, 2013
Balham_Green":vl3f8foz said:
IJN":vl3f8foz said:
I think he is learning as he goes and he’s not yet ready for Championship football.

Maybe in a couple of years time.

I agree with that(for once!). Still very inexperienced. I get the impression more and more that he is just the front man. Nothing from his press conferences suggest any great insight.

RL is a motivator, and clearly very good at it too, as his record reveals.

GreenDave1981

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 5, 2017
Really enjoyed that interview. The backroom staff development over the last couple of years gives you a great sense of reassurance around the stewardship of the club. Neil seemed extremely authoritative in what he was saying and gives me serious optimism about our youth project over the coming years.

Great news for local talent :scarf:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Biggs":2gwoqwef said:
Balham_Green":2gwoqwef said:
I agree with that(for once!). Still very inexperienced. I get the impression more and more that he is just the front man. Nothing from his press conferences suggest any great insight.

Never use press conferences to gauge a manager, their work is done in the 99% of time that isn't fulfilling press duties.

I think he's a lot smarter than people realise, but I also think he and Steven Schumacher are a brilliant partnership.

If you were to gauge Alex Ferguson by his press conferences, you'd think the bloke was clueless, which we obviously know is the opposite of the truth. Ryan Lowe is a very smart manager, plus being a fantastic motivator, and as you say, he clearly has a strong, balanced relationship with Steven Schumacher, as well as the rest of his staff including Neil Dewsnip, Jimmy Dickinson, Jon Lucas etc.

May 8, 2011
It would be nice if Argyle gave the U18s a bit more publicity about their games on the website, so far this season I haven’t seen any previews of their forthcoming games. On a couple of occasions I only found out the venue and KO times for home games by looking at the opposition’s twitter account.
Perhaps they don’t want supporters turning up.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
HC Green":2jdk2yi2 said:
It would be nice if Argyle gave the U18s a bit more publicity about their games on the website, so far this season I haven’t seen any previews of their forthcoming games. On a couple of occasions I only found out the venue and KO times for home games by looking at the opposition’s twitter account.
Perhaps they don’t want supporters turning up.
A very fair point, considering the club’s stated objectives regarding youth development.

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":1391rcbj said:
GreenThing":1391rcbj said:
I think you’re right to not gauge a manager by his interviews, Biggs. Part af the skill of a manager is to talk to the press without actually saying anything.

Well, that's not a great way to engage with the punters. No need to give trade secrets away. Am just talking about some reflections on the game. I notice his instinctive reaction is to to say 'yes' agreeing with the interviewer every time.

I would say Lowe is just about the most open manager with the press we have ever had.

If you watch a Lowe interview followed by virtually any of our players or new signings, the difference is remarkable.

The only issue I have seen Lowe vague on is when Errington was grilling him on what house he was buying and whether his family would be joining him. He was a slippery eel on that subject!