Will We Survive The Weekend? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will We Survive The Weekend?

Will PAFC survive the weekend?

• Yes

Votes: 85 58.6%
  • No

Votes: 60 41.4%

• Total voters
T

Tim Chown

Manchesterlalala":1jxxkt6z said:
FordGreen":1jxxkt6z said:
Zubar's departure has just convinced me even more that bad news is about to be announced tomorrow. :cry:

This. Why would he walk out now if he thought he'd get 8 months worth of wage next week? I voted no with a very heavy heart.

Just because he has left, does that no longer make him a creditor in the eyes of the law or the FL/PFA? His contract has been terminated and no future salary is owed, but does that automatically clear existing debts? There was some discussion for example when other players were sold that the sale would see the new club settle the backpay.

I suspect his agent has found him something better, and I don't blame Zubar for going, and I wish him all the best.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Tim Chown":1kxafme5 said:
Manchesterlalala":1kxafme5 said:
FordGreen":1kxafme5 said:
Zubar's departure has just convinced me even more that bad news is about to be announced tomorrow. :cry:

This. Why would he walk out now if he thought he'd get 8 months worth of wage next week? I voted no with a very heavy heart.

Just because he has left, does that no longer make him a creditor in the eyes of the law or the FL/PFA? His contract has been terminated and no future salary is owed, but does that automatically clear existing debts? There was some discussion for example when other players were sold that the sale would see the new club settle the backpay.

I suspect his agent has found him something better, and I don't blame Zubar for going, and I wish him all the best.

Possibly, but why would we not ask for even a nominal fee in the current circumstances?

Why just let him walk out?

Dec 7, 2006
I can't help but feel this is all so reminiscent of a scene from one of those old black and white wartime movies - the battered and shell shocked survivors (fans) all bobbing about helplessly in a lifeboat while the stricken ship (Argyle) flounders on the horizon as the waterline creeps ever upwards. Suddenly, all heads turn towards her as the cry goes up "She's going!!".... :sick:

Ed

Dec 1, 2008
cheshiregreen":11h7e9ef said:
Tim Chown":11h7e9ef said:
Manchesterlalala":11h7e9ef said:
FordGreen":11h7e9ef said:

Possibly, but why would we not ask for even a nominal fee in the current circumstances?

Why just let him walk out?

We didn't have a choice, as I understand if he's not been paid for a certain length of tim he can have his contract terminated.

Aug 7, 2010
FordGreen":282csn3l said:

I agree that has been the last throw of the dice for me

Oct 24, 2010
I think we will survive the weekend. If we don't hear about the Share tomorrow as long as Guilefoyle thinks there is a chance of the money coming he will give it to the end of the month.
If we learn tomorrow that we will not get the share he will talk to Brent and Buttivant and who knows.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
I said yes because I think the rabbit will be pulled out of the hat somehow before the axe falls. This categorically does not mean, however, that I have any faith in the people currently attempting to 'save' the club.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
esmer":1d7377et said:
I think we will survive the weekend. If we don't hear about the Share tomorrow as long as Guilefoyle thinks there is a chance of the money coming he will give it to the end of the month.
If we learn tomorrow that we will not get the share he will talk to Brent and Buttivant and who knows.
I agree.
:shh: :shifty:

Mar 18, 2006
But i genuinely don't believe the gates will be shut on the club this weekend. All that will happen is the Brenda will simply extend the deadline to Heaney (AGAIN).

At which point he may be willing to speak to Brent.

Jul 29, 2010
Indeed, you're amongst friends.

That's not a bad thing actually because it gives James Brent a bit of time to be given the conditions precident, digest them and get started on sorting things out..........all with temporary breathing space before the pressure of Guilfoyle's sudden 'rush rush, busy busy' timescale.