You can change one rule in football …. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

You can change one rule in football ….

Jul 16, 2023
I'd limit VAR reviews in number. Each team would be entitled to call for 1 x review per half, kind of like a time out in the NFL.
A 'VAR review' would have been useful at the Ricoh Arena earlier this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark58 and bodspafc

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Mic the refs, cards for ANY dissent.

Also, immediate red cards for any GK trying to play ridiculous mind games for a penalty. That Villa and Argentina keeper is an utter tool and the epitome of bad sportsmanship. It just shouldn't be permitted.

Reactions: CornishGreen 1886

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
the fouled player (or last to touch it for a handball) has to take the penalty.
Cue players taking five minutes of treatment for the injury caused by the foul before hobbling up to take the pen and complaining how unfair it is. Mr Ainsworth's teams would make it last 30minutes!

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat
Oct 10, 2012
When a team is time wasting with a sub at the end of the game, book the player wasting time leaving the field and the player entering the field.

Nov 18, 2011
I'd switch to 30 min halves but with a clock that's only active when the ball is in play. It would mean then that there's the same amount of action in every single game of football. Right now with the time wasting antics of some teams some games actually have a fair bit less action that others.

It'd be a tricky one though, the idea of a match being 90 mins long with two 45 min halves is so ingrained into football.

I'd also like for managers to be in charge of when VAR is used like Tennis or Cricket. Each team gets one appeal a half as mentioned above but like the above mentioned sports they'd retain it if they were correct.

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
I'd also like for managers to be in charge of when VAR is used like Tennis or Cricket. Each team gets one appeal a half as mentioned above but like the above mentioned sports they'd retain it if they were correct.

I think this is sensible. Maybe a review can be kept if an offside decision is marginal, like with LBW in cricket.