You can change one rule in football …. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

You can change one rule in football ….

J Y Kelly

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 14, 2006
Throw-ins to be taken from a standing, non moving position. This would hopefully stop the incessant gallop up the line witnessed every time there is a throw - I know, we do it too. Long throws are permitted after a signal to the ref, who points to a spot on the touchline or marks it with foam. Any deviation from that mark is a throw to the opposition. I know it sounds a faff, but the long thrower usually wastes at least thirty seconds drying the ball etc.

Reactions: boletus edulis

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
if our player gets fouled and has to recieve treatment,therefore off the field 'til the ref says re-enter the pitch,the perpetrator should also be off at the same time
Literally going to post this, Steve. It seems fair that when there is a genuine foul - perhaps if the perpetrator gets a booking for the foul - he must also go off for the same duration.

Oct 24, 2013
Get rid of throw ins. Modern players at all levels are beyond poor at them. Nobody shows for them and possession is wasted. Have a five yard ‘pass in’ or similar. Or defended at five yard crosses if in line or within the final third, so as to replicate the dreaded Rory Delap-esque long throw.

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
Bring back old style terracing, banning all-seater stadiums.

Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
Remove all nuance from the handball rule. If a player touches the ball with his hand it’s a foul.

Fully aware there are plenty of cases where this will be harsh but it gets rid of all the BS around these decisions.

Reactions: Allanon
Oct 31, 2022
Easy to judge on a TV screen but it would be a nightmare for linesmen trying work out whose feet are where.

The thread is one rule change, so I kept it short for a change. But to elaborate, I'd like to see semi-automated offside tech implemented everywhere that can afford it.

I'd change quite a lot of rules. With the offside tech and the rule change, I'd bin the assistant referees (linos) and get them ON the pitch. Keep out of the way, but provide an alternative angle by the goal for penalty appeals.

Not running up down a white line providing little to no benefit. They're only there to be in line with play. With the above tech, there's no need to be.

Therefore, 3 refs on the pitch, more eyes closer to play. Less errors and offside is black and white. No need for VAR then.

Reactions: Lundan Cabbie

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Not my idea but one that was once suggested to me. When a red card offence is committed, the opposing manager gets to choose an outfield player to be taken out of the game rather than the perpetrator. How many times would Messi or Ronaldo have been “sent off” if this were the rule? Managers would soon insist on more discipline from the rest of their team if they kept losing their best players.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Something has to be done about all the jostling around the goal mouth at every single corner resulting in a stoppage of play whilst the ref sorts it out(sort of). Don’t ask me what tho.