Your Matchday Experience v Southend? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Your Matchday Experience v Southend?

Your Matchday Experience v Southend?

Votes: 8 13.8%

Votes: 4 6.9%

Votes: 5 8.6%

Votes: 7 12.1%

Votes: 7 12.1%

Votes: 6 10.3%

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
why is it some people think they can sit where they like?

Dec 3, 2005
Entry to the ground was straight forward, being a 'foreigner' from the Grandstand.

The damn loudspeaker - I couldn't hear the guy next to me shouting in my ear - please turn it down - then we may also actually hear what the announcer is saying.

Still playing 'crap' music, no need for it.

Surprised how long it took to get out of the stadium from row 'X'.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
I think the football on offer negatively impacts on scores.

However, my first time in the Lyndhurst and I'm nostalgic already about leaving the Grandstand. Think I prefer wooden seats to those plastic ones.

Most of all, it's the length of the queues for everything; getting in, tea, getting out.

The "contest" between fans and stewards in block 14 was a distraction. In block 15 migrants from the Grandstand are never knowingly shy and so it proved with anyone standing up. "Sit down" and people meekly obeyed.

Blimey.

On to Ashton Gate.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
nick_PASTIE":3r119hud said:
Investment in family area, toilets, snack bar, PS4’s etc is very welcome. Well done Argyle!

Absolutely, was a great experience in family end, and the toilets were also very clean and tidy which obviously should be a given these days, but certainly wasn't this time last year. Well done Argyle. Also love the food / drink being sold by the mobile kiosk folk, would be good to add oggies to the trays as well!

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
djg145":1yot183w said:
Entry to the ground was straight forward, being a 'foreigner' from the Grandstand.

The damn loudspeaker - I couldn't hear the guy next to me shouting in my ear - please turn it down - then we may also actually hear what the announcer is saying.

Still playing 'crap' music, no need for it.

Surprised how long it took to get out of the stadium from row 'X'.

You should try getting out from row Y in the centre of the lyndhurst....

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Pre-match drinks now cost more than I am willing to pay. With two kids in tow it cost £10 for 3 drinks.

The toilet queues are pathetic, but little can be done this season.

Still at least all that was better than the tripe on the pitch.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
The impending rise to £2.50 for a tea bag is, well ....

Barn Park lights were angled incorrectly.

Relocation of a drunken bore sitting behind me is unfortunate.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
v
Greenrod":gqrrq8ua said:
Green_Matt":gqrrq8ua said:
2. They persisted with the barrage of mindless noise before and literally during the first couple of seconds of the game. Does the club take all of its 'customers' for fools?

Agreed, the music is killing the atmosphere. How many complaints are needed before the club sees sense.
I complained about the noise officially and was informed that Derek Adams wants it so it's staying :mad:

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
For first time I can remember for a long while, the TV screen at the demport end of Lyndhurst concourse was switched in. Great place! People standing there looking at screen, mingling with the queue for the refreshments and the long queue for the ladies meant a tailback onto pitchside. Can we have this screen “off” again please.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
meetoo":nm35qgke said:
v
Greenrod":nm35qgke said:
Green_Matt":nm35qgke said:
2. They persisted with the barrage of mindless noise before and literally during the first couple of seconds of the game. Does the club take all of its 'customers' for fools?

Agreed, the music is killing the atmosphere. How many complaints are needed before the club sees sense.
I complained about the noise officially and was informed that Derek Adams wants it so it's staying :mad:

Does he have it piped into the opposition dressing room then? It was just a barrage of incomprehensible sound in block 10. Could have been any musical genre I wouldn't have been any the wiser!

Jul 13, 2006
Could anyone hear a word of the interview with Brent as he walked across the pitch? I would have thought the close season would be an ideal time to test the speaker system.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Sat with grandson in the corner where Devonport meets Lyndurst did not enjoy it at all, it was less of of an atmosphere than the grandstand, to be fair that may have been because of the and to be generous the poor performance of Argyle.
Surprised at the state of disrepair parts of the Lyndhurst is in, I can remember at the Q&A held at the Life Centre, Hallett raised the leaking roof problem he witnessed , Martyn Starnes said don’t worry we have maintenance plan in place that was a few years ago looks like that was put on the back burner.